Opinion Our club is not an attraction anymore

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is this your spreadsheet? Or did greenturd tweet this?
That's ZeroTackle actually. Also paying Latrell and Fifita 900k-1m wouldn't be to bad when looking at some of the players on that list.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler cheated the salary cap? Not sure how that's relevant. Beside Hasler's last season with us the results were good? As soon as we sign some decent/marquee players without paying overs I'll believe what you're saying. Just logically doesn't make any sense for someone to come to our club without being overpaid (unless no one else wanted them or could fit them into their 1-17). I'm confident we will pay overs for 2 marquee players, or at least offer them that type of $. If they still don't accept, well, then we're f'd.
No, he didn't cheat the cap, but he structured it so that he could win a comp and pay for it later. This obviously didn't work, and all we got from him was a few years of finals footy. Most would agree that his time here was barely a pass mark, yet the club has been screwed since his departure, and it's all due to his cap management. If it had come off and we won, great. But it didn't, and we have been paying for it ever since.
It just sounds to me that you are like one of those players, only willing to play for an overpriced contract!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is this your spreadsheet? Or did greenturd tweet this?
That spreadsheet does show that every other club has overpaid to get their x factor player(s) tho.

Where would it realisticly leave us in the specking order if we weren't competitive with our offer?

It seems like a rock and a hard place to me and a hard row to demonstrably improve our roster without being a heavy hitter in the marketplace.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS, we string a few wins together and all is quiet. One loss and the sack Pay shit starts again. Some of you are seriously retarded.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
FFS, we string a few wins together and all is quiet. One loss and the sack Pay shit starts again. Some of you are seriously retarded.
I don't want to sack Pay. I actually think he's done a tremendous job with the roster he has.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No, he didn't cheat the cap, but he structured it so that he could win a comp and pay for it later. This obviously didn't work, and all we got from him was a few years of finals footy. Most would agree that his time here was barely a pass mark, yet the club has been screwed since his departure, and it's all due to his cap management. If it had come off and we won, great. But it didn't, and we have been paying for it ever since.
It just sounds to me that you are like one of those players, only willing to play for an overpriced contract!!!
I believe that we're not going to be able to attract any players that other clubs want without overpaying (regardless what level they're, but especially decent/marquee players) in our current state. I think the club is playing hard ball until November then they're going to pay overs for 2 marquee signings. I also hope they go for Harry Grant because he's the only player I see fixing our Hooker option in 2021 (he isn't going to be cheap, I'm comparing it to when the Knights signed Ponga, just on a smaller scale). I want to be competitive in 2021. I believe if we're a top 8 side and we have some marquee players in the team that we'd be able to start attracting other talent without paying overs.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm so over everyone who is convinced the sky is falling after a few bad seasons. Yeah, it sucks!!! But this is life. We will come good, and I'm sure it will e sooner rather then later.
I also dont think Pay is the reason players are not signing with us. We have managed to sign some very good players on his watch, regardless of the fact that our performance has been terrible. We still dont know if Ramien has said no to us, and Ese'ese is also unknown. It was only media speculation that suggested Ramien had knocked us back and was due to sign with cronulla. But this is the same media who said Korisau had all but signed with us. So let's be honest, they know fuck all! They just claim they know it all. So let's just see how the cards fall.
You know we’ve been shit for like 7 years now

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we've been shit for 3 years (1 we shouldn't of been).
Our last great season was 2012, the others were ordinary but good enough to make top 8, and the last 3 seasons were shit

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our last great season was 2012, the others were ordinary but good enough to make top 8, and the last 3 seasons were shit
Everyone's different I guess. The only 2 teams that are consistently in the top 4 are the Roosters and Storm. I've always been happy playing finals football, but I also want to be competitive in every game meaning that once every 5-10 years we have a chance to win the Premiership/Grand Final.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see why people are shocked about this.

We haven't been a consistent threat since 2012 and that was 7 years ago. We've only bled marquee players and never adequately replaced them, any marquee player that comes here will be coming because of money. There's only two reasons a player chooses a club, one is to win a premiership and the other is because of money. Unfortunately we are in the latter category.

In previous years like in 2009 we were able to sign players because we were traditionally a force in the competition and people believed in our structures and systems and believed they would become better players and win a comp. This isn't the case anymore

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't see why people are shocked about this.

We haven't been a consistent threat since 2012 and that was 7 years ago. We've only bled marquee players and never adequately replaced them, any marquee player that comes here will be coming because of money. There's only two reasons a player chooses a club, one is to win a premiership and the other is because of money. Unfortunately we are in the latter category.

In previous years like in 2009 we were able to sign players because we were traditionally a force in the competition and people believed in our structures and systems and believed they would become better players and win a comp. This isn't the case anymore
This ^^

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone's different I guess. The only 2 teams that are consistently in the top 4 are the Roosters and Storm. I've always been happy playing finals football, but I also want to be competitive in every game meaning that once every 5-10 years we have a chance to win the Premiership/Grand Final.
It helps no end to have the media on your side like the (Rotters Ch9) and the (Storm News Ltd and Murdoch), while we have Wiedler **** and many others working for us in the opposite direction.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good they are all players that if you got them at a decent price thats fine but not worth entering into a bidding war over. If other players want to spend more then us to get em then good luck to em glad we didn't throw more money at any of them. They all vo sidered the dogs at some point so don't think it has anything to do with not attracting them and more to do with price. K

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good they are all players that if you got them at a decent price thats fine but not worth entering into a bidding war over. If other players want to spend more then us to get em then good luck to em glad we didn't throw more money at any of them. They all vo sidered the dogs at some point so don't think it has anything to do with not attracting them and more to do with price. K
Yeah so basically what you're saying is any player that another club is looking at (especially Sydney clubs) we aren't going to get unless we overpay for. We're literally the 2nd last club in the NRL that players are going to come to (if we exclude location) in our current state.

We're going to have to overpay to bring the 1st good players to the club unfortunately. As soon as November hits expect us to overpay on 2 marquee signings and hopefully Harry Grant too (similar to Newcastle and Ponga).

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah so basically what you're saying is any player that another club is looking at (especially Sydney clubs) we aren't going to get unless we overpay for. We're literally the 2nd last club in the NRL that players are going to come to (if we exclude location) in our current state.

We're going to have to overpay to bring the 1st good players to the club unfortunately. As soon as November hits expect us to overpay on 2 marquee signings and hopefully Harry Grant too (similar to Newcastle and Ponga).
Thats fine if they are star players and we have to over pay then so be it. We have already had a few good players come and coming to the club so not to worried. They have to be frugal with their signings for next years squad and hopefully we see some improvement with the team and coach wich should add more appeal to 2021. Can't see any other situation that will have players lining up to join the dogs next year so not sure what ur getting at. If you want a team that can get any player they want then go go for rooters or the storm

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats fine if they are star players and we have to over pay then so be it. We have already had a few good players come and coming to the club so not to worried. They have to be frugal with their signings for next years squad and hopefully we see some improvement with the team and coach wich should add more appeal to 2021. Can't see any other situation that will have players lining up to join the dogs next year so not sure what ur getting at. If you want a team that can get any player they want then go go for rooters or the storm
We have to overpay. We're not going to leave 3m in the cap while we develop juniors. So we're going to be bringing players in so either we overpay for marquee players or we overpay for average to decent players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have to overpay. We're not going to leave 3m in the cap while we develop juniors. So we're going to be bringing players in so either we overpay for marquee players or we overpay for average to decent players.
Why can't people see this?

There's only Top 30. We only have a couple of spots left for 2020.

And 2021 will be a frenzy of signings for each and every other team as well as they try and strengthed.

Meanwhile back at Belmore, those in charge keep knocking back all the dozens and dozens of players who don't have Bulldogs DNA, but they have always dreamt of playing for the Bulldogs and are prepared to play for us for $200,000-$400,000 less than other offers.

A team in our situation will have to pay overs. The only saving grace is if they are game breakers for us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2012 was the best year in the last 7 years, we were on fire. Few years we made the 8 but not very convincingly.. to have that 2012 feeling again would be great!! But what a long wait it’s been.