SOS for a centre!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The obvious rotation would be to shift Lewis to lock but the question then becomes, why not start the better halfback anyway?
I see some teams gassed in the last qtr of a game and if Pay keeps a high tempo game up (if our fitness is up to the test), then inject Cogger into that last qtr and Lewis into lock. Even for the last game to see if Lewis can cope with lock (I think he needs a few more KGs but still good to see in an NRL game for the purpose of next year positions). That way Cogger is fresh and we have seen that he can pop his head through a defensive line.

As we don’t (and wont) posses certain skill level to compete with Top 6, at least it’s a tactic that could work.

It’s either that or just keep running 5 tackles and kick down the throat of opposition and hope they play bad/errors. I know which one I would do

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Smith Lock rotation. Elliott 30 minutes Second Row spelling CHN?
Could work. I dunno if we need a utility yet or not so I'm not sure on Smith

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I see some teams gassed in the last qtr of a game and if Pay keeps a high tempo game up (if our fitness is up to the test), then inject Cogger into that last qtr and Lewis into lock. Even for the last game to see if Lewis can cope with lock (I think he needs a few more KGs but still good to see in an NRL game for the purpose of next year positions). That way Cogger is fresh and we have seen that he can pop his head through a defensive line.

As we don’t (and wont) posses certain skill level to compete with Top 6, at least it’s a tactic that could work.

It’s either that or just keep running 5 tackles and kick down the throat of opposition and hope they play bad/errors. I know which one I would do
And Cogger would be on the field to take over from Foran if he gets hurt.

It highlights further the non-sensensical Pay 3 x 80 mins bench tactic.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The obvious rotation would be to shift Lewis to lock but the question then becomes, why not start the better halfback anyway?
Would Lewis do a better job at lock than our other forwards though? Maybe if we had RFM and To'omaga as our props at the time..

Can't help but feel we're making things too difficult, if Lewis doesn't make major improvements to his attack then he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. If he's going to transition to the forwards then he can play reserves and do a job there first before even being considered for firstgrade.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this talk of buying players. There is enough talent in the team to be playing bottom 8, 2 months into next year. The quality of league has been average this year. Look at the difference between the top and bottom teams. Look at the Saints, Nights and Gold Coast. FMD, we are the Bulldogs. What is important and the only thing that matters is that we need is a brilliant off season from the coaching staff. Attractive footy will attract quality players. Even the muppet commentators have been talking us up the last couple of weeks when there not on the goon.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish.

The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good options on the wing but they will be wasted with no ball from non creative centres.

Whilst on recruitment still have an issue in the halves. Lots of clubs do, not sure what options out there but in my opinion we need at least one maybe two centres, a half and a hooker.

Then we can dream of semi finals.

Imagine that. We have dropped so low that we can now only dream of semi finals.
Or a fullback and move DWZ to centre

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The poor bloke is still try to learn how to be an NRL level half, now you guys want to throw him into the hooker role. Look not saying he can't be solid there eventually, but he has shown massive promise in the halves, and trying to teach him the intricacies of the hooking role will take a couple of years that we don't have
Problem is he’s never going to Learn how to be an NRL half sitting on the bench,we have two genuine halves in cogger and Wakeham who long term would be an awesome combination imo. But my tip is they both end up at other clubs because our coach won’t play them even in games that have no impact on the result of our season

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not up to the Roosters, it's up to Latrell. Roosters will not pay overs for him (I guess they could, but that isn't really the Roosters' way, at worst we're making the Roosters pay more, so it's a win win). They'll offer him 700k. We'll offer him 900k-1m then he'll have to make a decision. That's an extra 1.5m over 5 years.

As if you don’t think roosters will say they are paying $750 but really be paying 1.5

They don’t lose anyone they want

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As if you don’t think roosters will say they are paying $750 but really be paying 1.5

They don’t lose anyone they want
RTS? I'm pretty confident they wouldn't pay overs. That's not how their club operates (works when you're a top 2 side). I mean we can't control brown paper bags (I think there is something wrong with you if you seriously think they do this, you probably also think the referees have an agenda against our team too).

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RTS? I'm pretty confident they wouldn't pay overs. That's not how their club operates (works when you're a top 2 side). I mean we can't control brown paper bags (I think there is something wrong with you if you seriously think they do this, you probably also think the referees have an agenda against our team too).

He is the only person they have ever let go that they didn’t want and then they went and got the best player on the market lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You saying you don’t think they cheat the cap?

Do you believe in Santa or the tooth fairy?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the Sharks game, man Morris still has it.. Shame we had to move him on.. I’m thinking if Martin moved on last year we may have been able to keep Josh

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching the Sharks game, man Morris still has it.. Shame we had to move him on.. I’m thinking if Martin moved on last year we may have been able to keep Josh

Na he lost it years ago