Opinion Our club is not an attraction anymore

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
broncos are the best example of building a great young team, spent big money on quality young players after moving on older players and problem players, they have a surplus of talented youngsters through their feeder clubs they are lacking a genuine halves pairing, wait 2 years all those broncos players will be between 23 to 26, with years ahead of them, we need to look at quality young players stuck behind big name players, we need strong recruitment of youth

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll sign no one decent with that mentality/approach. The only players we can sign without overpaying are rejects or players looking for an opportunity that no other clubs in a better situation then us want. Prepare to wait 5-10 years for success if that's the approach you want to take (also not guaranteed). I know the club isn't that dumb and they'll overpay on at least 2 marquee players to speed the process up, that's the way to "land a good signature".
I agree but they have had a decent crack at a few players and they don’t wanna come to us for what ever reason so I don’t know where the break down in the process is I agree we gonna have to pay a huge sum to at least one player to get the ball rolling Api Koroisau ain’t one of them players Latrell mitchell yes hate to say it but he is worth 1.3 million even Ponga too ramian is a good player but not worth 700-800 what he wants and he has knocked us back i don’t think he is mentally fit
David Fifita bronco Dave is worth big coin they need to be the targets
Newcastle is gonna turn to a shit fight and Ponga might go to another level with us

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
broncos are the best example of building a great young team, spent big money on quality young players after moving on older players and problem players, they have a surplus of talented youngsters through their feeder clubs they are lacking a genuine halves pairing, wait 2 years all those broncos players will be between 23 to 26, with years ahead of them, we need to look at quality young players stuck behind big name players, we need strong recruitment of youth
Bird on 1m, Milford on 1m, Lodge and Pangai on 700k and 600k respectively (which you'd think will prevent them from resigning Fifita). Boyd is also on 800k... I'm not sure that's the team you want to use as a prototype. I also doubt we have the same talent coming through. They basically get 1st pick out of a whole state before anyone. Those young players you're talking about other Sydney clubs are also looking at. We're straight back to having to overpay again. We have to have some sort of success (being able to compete in the top 8 every year at least) to change this. Right now we're a bottom 4 side.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree but they have had a decent crack at a few players and they don’t wanna come to us for what ever reason so I don’t know where the break down in the process is I agree we gonna have to pay a huge sum to at least one player to get the ball rolling Api Koroisau ain’t one of them players Latrell mitchell yes hate to say it but he is worth 1.3 million even Ponga too ramian is a good player but not worth 700-800 what he wants and he has knocked us back i don’t think he is mentally fit
David Fifita bronco Dave is worth big coin they need to be the targets
Newcastle is gonna turn to a shit fight and Ponga might go to another level with us
There's nothing wrong with trying to get players like Api (having the discussion between club and player), but it's unrealistic to think they'll join without overpaying (literally has to be no other Sydney clubs in for them). I'd personally overpay on Latrell and Fifita for 900k-1m each and then sign a young gun (similar to what Knights did with Ponga, but on a lesser degree) in Harry Grant. Add those 3 to our squad and I think we can contend for top 8. Then we just build of that in 2022 and so on. The Knights signed Ponga, Pearce and Klemmer, we'd be doing something similar signing Latrell, Fifita and Grant. Some people might not like that they aren't signing spine players, but they just aren't available (off contract) and I'm not to sure 2022 is much better either.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bird on 1m, Milford on 1m, Lodge and Pangai on 700k and 600k respectively (which you'd think will prevent them from resigning Fifita). Boys is also on 800k... I'm not sure that's the team you want to use as a prototype.
so your saying they wont have a top young team in 2 years when boyd macca milf gillett glen all moved on or retired

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
so your saying they wont have a top young team in 2 years when boyd macca milf gillett glen all moved on or retired
We're not in the same position as them. I think they'd have a gun squad right now if they had a Halfback like Cronk. Who do we have coming through that's at least as good as 1 of these young Broncos guns. The answer is no one. Which 17 year old are we going to pay 600k to basically before he plays 1 NRL game?

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with trying to get players like Api (having the discussion between club and player), but it's unrealistic to think they'll join without overpaying (literally has to be no other Sydney clubs in for them). I'd personally overpay on Latrell and Fifita for 900k-1m each and then sign a young gun (similar to what Knights did with Ponga, but on a lesser degree) in Harry Grant. Add those 3 to our squad and I think we can contend for top 8. Then we just build of that in 2022 and so on. The Knights signed Ponga, Pearce and Klemmer, we'd be doing something similar signing Latrell, Fifita and Grant. Some people might not like that they aren't signing spine players, but they just aren't available (off contract) and I'm not to sure 2022 is much better either.
Agreed we offered korasau a good deal and would have been starting etc Barrett he followed Barrett to Penrith shit happens at least we having convos with these players of contract this off season will be interesting a lot of insettlement unusually maybe then we can jag a few players

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're not in the same position as them. I think they'd have a gun squad right now if they had a Halfback like Cronk. Who do we have coming through that's at least as good as 1 of these young Broncos guns. The answer is no one. Which 17 year old are we going to pay 600k to basically before he plays 1 NRL game?
i said
they have a surplus of talented youngsters through their feeder clubs ,
we need to look at quality young players stuck behind big name players, we need strong recruitment of youth

i have not mentioned any prices nor said pay any kid hundreds of thousands, i said we have to be looking at quality players stuck behind big name players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i said
they have a surplus of talented youngsters through their feeder clubs ,
we need to look at quality young players stuck behind big name players, we need strong recruitment of youth

i have not mentioned any prices nor said pay any kid hundreds of thousands, i said we have to be looking at quality players stuck behind big name players
and we still can't sign those quality players without overpaying (if they're actually THAT GOOD, then other Sydney clubs will be in for them too)...

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Builld from within thats where it starts if you want success

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they're doing that until November hits. Otherwise it's going to be another 5-10 year rebuild in my eyes.
Agree they'll have a crack at the available Ramien's and Api's for the right price so the Nov 1 funds for the real prize players are not affected...

I expect the Club to go all out for latrell/Manu, fifita, turbo, etc... if we don't secure at least 2 top tier targets for 2021 I'll be shocked.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm so over everyone who is convinced the sky is falling after a few bad seasons. Yeah, it sucks!!! But this is life. We will come good, and I'm sure it will e sooner rather then later.
I also dont think Pay is the reason players are not signing with us. We have managed to sign some very good players on his watch, regardless of the fact that our performance has been terrible. We still dont know if Ramien has said no to us, and Ese'ese is also unknown. It was only media speculation that suggested Ramien had knocked us back and was due to sign with cronulla. But this is the same media who said Korisau had all but signed with us. So let's be honest, they know fuck all! They just claim they know it all. So let's just see how the cards fall.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm so over everyone who is convinced the sky is falling after a few bad seasons. Yeah, it sucks!!! But this is life. We will come good, and I'm sure it will e sooner rather then later.
I also dont think Pay is the reason players are not signing with us. We have managed to sign some very good players on his watch, regardless of the fact that our performance has been terrible. We still dont know if Ramien has said no to us, and Ese'ese is also unknown. It was only media speculation that suggested Ramien had knocked us back and was due to sign with cronulla. But this is the same media who said Korisau had all but signed with us. So let's be honest, they know fuck all! They just claim they know it all. So let's just see how the cards fall.
Great post. Thank you mate

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think those players are either, but how long can we keep saying that? No one is going to come until we pay overs. It's clear our club is going after rejects and players looking for an opportunity. Unless no one else is going for those same players we can't get them. Koroisau and Ramien both would of been good signings for value. It's going to be almost impossible to sign players for value for the reasons I stated above. I don't think you or the club want another 5-10 years in rebuild.
I think you need to consider the age old saying, "a champion team will always best a team of champions". If we go about things the right way by recruiting a team of players that want to play for this great club, and for the right amount of money, while building from within, we will be back to the top sooner then most expect, and we will stay there longer.
Hasler went out and tried to buy a premiership. Theres no other way to put it. And look where that left us!! But the bulldog way has always been to build from within, and create an environment where players are happy, along with their families, and they stay long term in order to build a quality team for the long term. This is how we will get back to the top again!!! So I say, fuck paying overs for anyone.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck you talk shit,I wouldn't consider any of those 3 top notch players,Ramien has potential that's it hasn't shown anything yet,koroisau is playing second fiddle to a 19 years old rookie,Ese'ese wasn't wanted at broncos,and now knights don't want him,so who are these top notch players?,I don't blame the club for not paying overs,for these guys
Fucking love this post!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless we sign a higher profile coach then the club needs to be prepared to pay overs to lure quality players......
I call bullshit!!! Yes, we are losing, but this is the only thing you know. Regardless of results it seems that every player at the club wants to play for Pay, and they are all very happy to be here.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you need to consider the age old saying, "a champion team will always best a team of champions". If we go about things the right way by recruiting a team of players that want to play for this great club, and for the right amount of money, while building from within, we will be back to the top sooner then most expect, and we will stay there longer.
Hasler went out and tried to buy a premiership. Theres no other way to put it. And look where that left us!! But the bulldog way has always been to build from within, and create an environment where players are happy, along with their families, and they stay long term in order to build a quality team for the long term. This is how we will get back to the top again!!! So I say, fuck paying overs for anyone.
Hasler cheated the salary cap? Not sure how that's relevant. Beside Hasler's last season with us the results were good? As soon as we sign some decent/marquee players without paying overs I'll believe what you're saying. Just logically doesn't make any sense for someone to come to our club without being overpaid (unless no one else wanted them or could fit them into their 1-17). I'm confident we will pay overs for 2 marquee players, or at least offer them that type of $. If they still don't accept, well, then we're f'd.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Say what you like, but the club went in for all these players and they all have decided to go elsewhere. I'm not saying we should pay overs for these players, but I am saying we're going to have to pay overs for whoever we bring in, unless they're rejects or looking for an opportunity and no clubs in a better situation then us are also going in for them. No marquee or decent players that their current club want to retain are going to come to us for their actual value either. Until I'm proven wrong this is what I'm going to believe and everyone else that's disagreeing is just seeming to only have faith that it isn't going to be this way (which is meaningless when trying to argue).
Your just making assumptions as if you KNOW!