SBW secret hand shake to play for bulldogs in 2020

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't see the point in signing a player who takes up a position that we're already fully stocked with, especially when we have weaknesses in other positions that we are yet to address.... much rather we use his 500k or whatever to top up our budget for a gun centre/fullback and Hooker. He's a great player but he won't fix our problems with attack..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't see the point in signing a player who takes up a position that we're already fully stocked with, especially when we have weaknesses in other positions that we are yet to address.... much rather we use his 500k or whatever to top up our budget for a gun centre/fullback and Hooker. He's a great player but he won't fix our problems with attack..
Yep, I can’t see him playing anything but 2nd row.

CHN would have to go into centres, cos Pay won’t sack Idiot for anyone.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW will bring a lot to the club. Just his presence alone will have a dramatic impact on our forwards. Our forwards would go to another level.
Totally agree, he would also attract other players.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can he play centre? He plays centre for the All Blacks, don’t know if there is much difference between the codes.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can he play centre? He plays centre for the All Blacks, don’t know if there is much difference between the codes.
Why centre. His played his entire nrl career as an edge back rower besides maybe his first few games as a centre. I know we have a shit load of egde back rowers on our roster next year (dumb move) but if we sign a player of sbw's caliber you move someone else not him. I dont get why people are asking what position he will play. His played edge his whole career why would he all of a sudden at 34 years old play another position.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If people don’t want SBW back you are kidding yourself. He’s the player who players want to play with. We may have a war chest for 2021. But at this rate nobody wants to come play for us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No matter where he plays etc, just his name at our club is a big boost..!!

We want success we get him back for a year or 2 .

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sure about our mate SBW,especially after his walkabout
But will probably bring another 5,000 through the gates just on his name and anticipation
It would be ultra weird to see him run out again in the blue & white

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we cannot take SBW back
For 1 season why not? No one else is going to come. He'd be doing us a massive solid why we wait for Fifita to come :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For 1 season why not? No one else is going to come. He'd be doing us a massive solid why we wait for Fifita to come :grinning:
You were positive until a week ago, what happened?

Malla

Reaction score
It's bigger than just what he brings on the field. If we sign SBW it's what he offers off it more than anything. We talk about changing our culture back to the way Dogs used to conduct business and SBW would help with that. Younger players would look up to him and replicate what he does, the way he prepares for games, the way he trains etc.

He knows what is takes to be a bulldog.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You were positive until a week ago, what happened?
How am I still not positive? The club doesn't want to pay overs until after November for the 2021 season (our club isn't attractive without that). I'm just saying it how it is, we'll be signing mercenary type players as a stop gap until the 2021 season (100% a Hooker) or front loading contracts.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How am I still not positive? The club doesn't want to pay overs until after November for the 2021 season (our club isn't attractive without that). I'm just saying it how it is, we'll be signing mercenary type players as a stop gap until the 2021 season (100% a Hooker) or front loading contracts.
Just with the we won’t sign anyone and have to pay overs stuff. We never want to pay over again and don’t currently have the money to pay overs anyway.

I have faith in Mark Hughes. We will be ok. A lot of the players turning us down stuff is crap. Managers shop their players around, clubs often discuss these players as you should with due diligence and it doesn’t mean we are trying to sign everyone. They are conversations. It’s really just a way for managers to drive their players asking price up from their current clubs and has gone on as long as managers have existed

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would try SBW. He may have left like a dog in the night but he won us a premiership and he is twice as good as any 2nd rower we currently have.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just with the we won’t sign anyone and have to pay overs stuff. We never want to pay over again and don’t currently have the money to pay overs anyway.

I have faith in Mark Hughes. We will be ok. A lot of the players turning us down stuff is crap. Managers shop their players around, clubs often discuss these players as you should with due diligence and it doesn’t mean we are trying to sign everyone. They are conversations. It’s really just a way for managers to drive their players asking price up from their current clubs and has gone on as long as managers have existed
I just can't see the sense in any player coming to the Bulldogs without receiving more $. I'd love to be wrong and I guess we have until next year to see what actually does happen.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just can't see the sense in any player coming to the Bulldogs without receiving more $. I'd love to be wrong and I guess we have until next year to see what actually does happen.
Fark me you are annoying with every post of yours being about paying overs.

Put your money where your mouth is and fork out the extra 200-300k per player outta ya own purse

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fark me you are annoying with every post of yours being about paying overs.

Put your money where your mouth is and fork out the extra 200-300k per player outta ya own purse
So you don't want to hear the truth? Apparently 90% of people on these forums don't understand how recruitment works in the situation we're in :tearsofjoy:

"Put your money where your mouth is and fork out the extra 200-300k per player outta ya own purse", how is this relevant? I don't run the club. The club is going to have to do this tho (going into 2021). Unless you want the same squad? Not sure what you're after bro.

How about this. You tell me why players want to come to the Bulldogs if money isn't the only incentive. The more people that understand this and stop replying to me with bullshit, the less I'd post about it. To me, you're the annoying one.