No Source Valentine Holmes

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m all for trying to sign him. It will be funny watching the kennel mob blowing a gasket when he knocks as back to sign with the roosters... lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
On a side note, does anyone else think Adam Elliott should have a crack at NFL? It would be a tragedy for us to lose him, but he’s athletic, versatile and powerful enough to make the transition and become an all time great. I mean nobody else from either NRL or NFL could cross over to the other side.... but Elliott could do it!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Val will go to cowgirls his wife’s from there Michael Morgan’s his brother in Law

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With his NFL flirtation likely over for the time being, he'll hit the open market soon and be eligible for the 2020 season. He'd likely command 700k or so and he'd have to be at fullback to deserve that kind of money...

Seeing as we've missed out on Api, Ramien etc and still have money to spend, what are your thoughts about going after Holmes? We could move DWZ to the centres or wing and alternate he and Holmes at fullback throughout the game.

Or he could always somehow end up at Brisbane, Cronulla, the Roosters and the usual cartel clubs..

I'd probably rather Papenhuyzen long term but I certainly wouldn't complain if we nabbed Val.
Won't be back.

He will stay and take up the international spot on the practice squad.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Won't be back.

He will stay and take up the international spot on the practice squad.
Maybe he will. But what would be the point from his perspective? To hold on to some faint hope for the next year or two that at best he's the 4th string RB on the depth chart? Or a WR6 that gets some special teams snaps a game? And that's pretty much the best case scenario.

I still think he'll be back next season once he realises that there is no realistic path to him getting a spot on a 53 man NFL roster any time soon and when he feels the pinch of turning down an extra 500k or more per season he isn't playing in the NRL.

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Why do players like Hayne and Holmes throw away their best years if the chances of accomplishing anything over there are so slim, surely he would have people in his ear telling him about the challenges?
Playstation Madden

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm happy with DWZ at fullback. I think we should invest money elsewhere.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No to Holmes, can play be we need better players in a centre

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would rather we chase quality that has their heart set on a career in league. Fuck code hoppers that may just decide they want to become the next darts champion or lawn bowling great. It's a bit pointless discussing this on the assumption that he may decide to come back to league anyway.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would he come to the dogs if it was an option to him?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he will. But what would be the point from his perspective? To hold on to some faint hope for the next year or two that at best he's the 4th string RB on the depth chart? Or a WR6 that gets some special teams snaps a game? And that's pretty much the best case scenario.

I still think he'll be back next season once he realises that there is no realistic path to him getting a spot on a 53 man NFL roster any time soon and when he feels the pinch of turning down an extra 500k or more per season he isn't playing in the NRL.
Holmes signed to NY Jets Practice squad.

Guess he isn't a quitter like Hayne.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ameri...s/news-story/18181394ced1b5f239d096be6e97bdc3

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holmes signed to NY Jets Practice squad.

Guess he isn't a quitter like Hayne.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ameri...s/news-story/18181394ced1b5f239d096be6e97bdc3
Good on him for hanging around but him being signed to their practice squad doesn't mean that rules out a move back to the NRL for 2020. Guys get cut in the NFL every day, ones who earn more and have more experience than Holmes.

With Bell, Montgomery and whoever else in front of him as a RB, he has no path to a role unless there are injuries. And even then, they'll just sign another RB off the street before they play Holmes because Val is a project whereas the other guys are proven commodities.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good on him for hanging around but him being signed to their practice squad doesn't mean that rules out a move back to the NRL for 2020. Guys get cut in the NFL every day, ones who earn more and have more experience than Holmes.

With Bell, Montgomery and whoever else in front of him as a RB, he has no path to a role unless there are injuries. And even then, they'll just sign another RB off the street before they play Holmes because Val is a project whereas the other guys are proven commodities.
He has no path this year. Not allowed to be promoted.

He is obviously going to give it another crack next year. Highly doubt he will come back to the NRL next year. Will be in the combine in 2020.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m all for trying to sign him. It will be funny watching the kennel mob blowing a gasket when he knocks as back to sign with the roosters... lol
And the Roosters sign him on $450k per year ... cough cough !!!!