Opinion Our club is not an attraction anymore

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Confuses says sign SBW and they will line up to sign..
So we're going to keep the same squad we had this year, but bring in SBW and a dud Hooker for 1 year. Yeah the boys. Imagine if either of those signings were more then 1 year.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to pay overs for some players, especially the 1st better players we bring to the club. There is no attraction to come play for our club if you're a decent player (Koroisau, Ramien, more will come). We just have to make sure we're paying overs for the right players. If you use DWZ as an e.g. I'm sorry, but he was a reject player and we were the only club offering to play him Fullback (I don't know how much he's on, but it's probably a good amount). Yes, he's been good for us, but we ain't going to find many if any more players in that situation.
Fuck you talk shit,I wouldn't consider any of those 3 top notch players,Ramien has potential that's it hasn't shown anything yet,koroisau is playing second fiddle to a 19 years old rookie,Ese'ese wasn't wanted at broncos,and now knights don't want him,so who are these top notch players?,I don't blame the club for not paying overs,for these guys

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what you’re saying but we are in a tough position at the moment
Our administration is saying that next year the cap should be under control and have more money to spend for the following year
We might have to pay slightly over unfortunately just to entice a couple of top guns
Then others will come along in my opinion only.
You need to cop a hit sometimes,better of in the long run hopefully
Unless we sign a higher profile coach then the club needs to be prepared to pay overs to lure quality players......

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuck you talk shit,I wouldn't consider any of those 3 top notch players,Ramien has potential that's it hasn't shown anything yet,koroisau is playing second fiddle to a 19 years old rookie,Ese'ese wasn't wanted at broncos,and now knights don't want him,so who are these top notch players?,I don't blame the club for not paying overs,for these guys
Say what you like, but the club went in for all these players and they all have decided to go elsewhere. I'm not saying we should pay overs for these players, but I am saying we're going to have to pay overs for whoever we bring in, unless they're rejects or looking for an opportunity and no clubs in a better situation then us are also going in for them. No marquee or decent players that their current club want to retain are going to come to us for their actual value either. Until I'm proven wrong this is what I'm going to believe and everyone else that's disagreeing is just seeming to only have faith that it isn't going to be this way (which is meaningless when trying to argue).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I also have refereed to these players as rejects the whole time, not "top notch players".

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are no top players available that would fix our problems within a season.

The last time top quality players were available was when Tedesco and Cronk were off contract. The rorters some how got both. Also when Cook was off contract, a Dib Des disaster.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There are no top players available that would fix our problems within a season.

The last time top quality players were available was when Tedesco and Cronk were off contract. The rorters some how got both.
There are also no marquee Halves or Hooker (spine players) available, so we're in a really bad spot tbh. Our options are Trbojevic Brothers (to expensive, 2.5m package), Latrell, Fifita and Arrow (900k-1m each).

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are also no marquee Halves or Hooker (spine players) available, so we're in a really bad spot tbh.
There are about 10 other clubs in the same boat.

Raiders still don't have a top half. Broncos don't etc. Even top 8 teams lack quality in the spine positions. Warriors paid overs for flop Nikorima. The market is really bad at the moment.

We gotta persist with the young guys until one of them makes the spot their own.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Almost everyone on this list is being overpaid and some of them aren't even struggling clubs.
upload_2019-8-31_22-56-27.png

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thank goodness some of you aren’t managing the cap. Paying overs for average players is the quickest way to ruin your cap.
Case in point: T. Williams, A. Woods, M. MBye.
You get the picture, no need to go on.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
it’s sad to say this but, players don’t seem to see our club as an attraction anymore, it’s gonna be a mission to sign some good players trying to get out of this rebuild. And having pay as coach it’s not going to attract top quality players, fucks sake Api chose Barrett over pay lmao
We went from signing api, Ramien, Herman to nothing, but hey we’re gonna keep lichaa for another year apparently, I don’t know anymore
Can someone please stop this kid from posting these repetitive, negative threads? Never been a member in his life

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our club has never been good at attracting players. It’s easy to get invested in all the rumours and paper talk but we never really know what’s going on behind the scenes. If players don’t want to come here so be it I’d rather that then over pay for players. Lichha isn’t being offered another year he won’t be at the club next year.
As far as Im concerned we attracted Foran...a NZ international, Napa a Qld State of Origin rep, DWZ the NZ captain and CHN another NZ representative. Yeh your right...we cant get good players to come to our Club. We missed out on Ramien, API, Herman Esse Esse...sorry I missed what rep side they were in. Its obvious.....we cant attract the better players.....Yeh right. The drivel that so many of you contributors spew out of your mouths is just putrid. Give yourselves a collective uppercut.

Player managers determine where players go these days. They feed constant fake news to the media to create false markets for players and bidding wars between Clubs. Players may decide their preferred Club for any number of reasons quite early in the relocation process, but the manager will create false expectation with the non preferred Clubs just to extract a higher price from the preferred Club. This can go on for weeks or months.Thats why we put a deadline on Ramien. He was never coming to us, nor was Api, the Turbo boys or Mitchell.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Focus on juniors. The club will be fine

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As far as Im concerned we attracted Foran...a NZ international, Napa a Qld State of Origin rep, DWZ the NZ captain and CHN another NZ representative. Yeh your right...we cant get good players to come to our Club. We missed out on Ramien, API, Herman Esse Esse...sorry I missed what rep side they were in. Its obvious.....we cant attract the better players.....Yeh right. The drivel that so many of you contributors spew out of your mouths is just putrid. Give yourselves a collective uppercut.

Player managers determine where players go these days. They feed constant fake news to the media to create false markets for players and bidding wars between Clubs. Players may decide their preferred Club for any number of reasons quite early in the relocation process, but the manager will create false expectation with the non preferred Clubs just to extract a higher price from the preferred Club. This can go on for weeks or months.Thats why we put a deadline on Ramien. He was never coming to us, nor was Api, the Turbo boys or Mitchell.
Foran overpaid (if we knew he was injury prone) because Hasler loved him and we needed a Half and we missed out on Cronk (last 2 years are my speciality, before that I really didn't care about this stuff so didn't look into it). This is also before we were a bottom 4 side and we weren't going through a salary cap crisis (we were actually quite the opposite and cheating the cap, therefor it's irrelevant to NOW). Just out of curiosity what other clubs were interested in Foran at the time? Napa was a bench player for the Roosters. I'd say he's lost his origin spot now, at least his starting spot (Papalii and Arrow). I'd say we overpaid for Napa, he's not worth 700k (650k to be exact). We were DWZ's last option, Tigers couldn't move on Mbye and the Eels wanted to play him in the Centres. We were the only club that could offer him a starting Fullback spot. I classify DWZ as a reject player, but he's been a very good buy for us, but if we keep needing the stars to align to sign rejects how long is this rebuild going to be if we don't overpay? This year we've been linked to 3 more rejects (sorry that's just what I call them) in Ramien, Koroisau and Ese'ese and 2 of them have already declined us. Why did they decline us? Because there were other clubs in a better position then us interested and we didn't overpay. After November I'm pretty confident we'll open up the check book and overpay on 2 marquee players (Latrell and Fifita would be my preference) and hopefully also Harry Grant (similar to the Knights taking a risk on Ponga, but on a lesser scale).

Also if you think Latrell or Fifita won't join us then they're going to be taking 200-300k (900k-1m each) a year pay cuts or another club is also paying overs and they decided to join them over us. Those are the 3 scenarios.

Last edited:

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Api himself has said that sport is a business and, IF the stories are correct, he made a business decision and pocketed an extra $100k playing at a place he is familiar with. Good luck to him.......I would have done the same.

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
it’s sad to say this but, players don’t seem to see our club as an attraction anymore, it’s gonna be a mission to sign some good players trying to get out of this rebuild. And having pay as coach it’s not going to attract top quality players, fucks sake Api chose Barrett over pay lmao
We went from signing api, Ramien, Herman to nothing, but hey we’re gonna keep lichaa for another year apparently, I don’t know anymore
Chill dude!...its got nothing to do with our club. Api and Barrett are close. Sometimes it comes down to particular people within that club. Friendships... Ex coaches and alike. No point crying over spilt milk.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not saying that you’re missing the point eventually we will get the players we need but we just have to stay patient until we get them. There’s always movement of contracted players at the end of the season so we might get lucky if we don’t we keep going till the right player becomes available. So overpaying has moved Newcastle from the spoon to just missing out on the 8 but that’s their ceiling because their caps full. I’d be filthy with that if I was a Knights fan.

They have a top 4 roster