Opinion Our club is not an attraction anymore

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did they offer him a Fullback position?
Yep.they were shopping Moses to make way for after realising that mbye isn’t a fullback and never will be.he is a centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep.they were shopping Moses to make way for after realising that mbye isn’t a fullback and never will be.he is a centre.
I edited my post and added that. So if the Tigers were able to get rid of Mbye then DWZ wouldn't be in the Bulldogs jersey (Thompson at Fullback has also been really good for them). We were his last and only option in the end I'm pretty sure.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I edited my post and added that. So if the Tigers were able to get rid of Mbye then DWZ wouldn't be in the Bulldogs jersey (Thompson at Fullback has also been really good for them). We were his last and only option in the end I'm pretty sure.
No he liked what our club had to offer.he spoke to a lot of people before he signed.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would have been great to get Api he would have solved a big problem!
I agree I think we are going about it in exactly the right way. It’s easy to go for a quick fix get sucked into dumb decisions playing into managers hands.
We have the most promising group of juniors coming through since 2010-12 so hopefully they bare fruit and solve a few problems.
I follow our junior teams results every weekend via the Intrust page,
Mathews,S.G and jersey have made massive improvements in the last 2 years
This is fantastic news and hopefully some of these young guys will be stars one day
Not pretending to know much about the inner workings of our club but shows me good structures and recruitment have been taken care of.
Nothing better than bringing on champs within our system

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No he liked what our club had to offer.he spoke to a lot of people before he signed.
Us, Tigers and Eels. Eels have Gutherson playing Fullback, Tigers couldn't move Mbye on. The difference between us and Tigers isn't that big so if we both want the same player it's almost 50/50 anyways. I'm more worried about the successful clubs.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers couldn't get rid of players in time for DWZ to sign with them.. if they did he would of gone to them first and then Parra second... but they didn't guarantee him fullback position cause Gutherson is their fullback. If he signed at Parra he was gonna play centre..
We gave him a guarantee that he will play at fullback... we got lucky with him...
We are gonna have to pay overs to attract decent players... else nobody decent will come...
We will never win a comp in this day and age with the bred not bought mentality...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I follow our junior teams results every weekend via the Intrust page,
Mathews,S.G and jersey have made massive improvements in the last 2 years
This is fantastic news and hopefully some of these young guys will be stars one day
Not pretending to know much about the inner workings of our club but shows me good structures and recruitment have been taken care of.
Nothing better than bringing on champs within our system
Having your own production line is the only way to have sustained success in a salary cap league. Of course you buy players every now and then but having quality juniors come into first grade gets you good players at a a very cheap price. The Roosters cop shit about their cap and they do know how to bend the rules but look at players like Latrell and Manu they are only going to be paying them market value in their next deals and they have been in first grade for 3-4 years now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Having your own production line is the only way to have sustained success in a salary cap league. Of course you buy players every now and then but having quality juniors come into first grade gets you good players at a a very cheap price. The Roosters cop shit about their cap and they do know how to bend the rules but look at players like Latrell and Manu they are only going to be paying them market value in their next deals and they have been in first grade for 3-4 years now.
You can't compare us to Roosters. We're a bottom 4 side every year coming out the other end of a salary cap crisis. You have to compare us to the Knights in recent times and the Titans (or just any rebuilding club). They 99% (I don't like saying 100% tbh) lose 1 of those players if they pay them market value and we should be the team to capitalise on that. You do need a production line, but you can't have a production line into a shit side.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't compare us to Roosters. We're a bottom 4 side every year coming out the other end of a salary cap crisis. You have to compare us to the Knights in recent times and the Titans (or just any rebuilding club). They 100% lose 1 of those players if they pay them market value and we should be the team to capitalise on that.
I’m not comparing us to the Roosters it’s a example of what happens when you get it right.....

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys do realize that if we're not paying overs for the api, herman and ramian type players, while other clubs are, it means we have more to offer the better players while those other clubs don't.

Long run I think past announcements by the dogs saying we don't pay overs and api going to Penrith for more money is probably better for us. We won't get taken for rides by player managers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You guys do realize that if we're not paying overs for the api, herman and ramian type players, while other clubs are, it means we have more to offer the better players while those other clubs don't.

Long run I think past announcements by the dogs saying we don't pay overs and api going to Penrith for more money is probably better for us. We won't get taken for rides by player managers
It still doesn't change the fact we're going to have to pay overs in the future. We've also forced ourselves into a corner regarding signing a Hooker. Harry Grant and Turpin (already went for him this year) are the only Hooker's available going into 2021 (outside ones available for 2020). I could make a case Koroisau was a player we should of paid overs for. I'll leave that judgement for when the 2021 season starts tho (when we're rocking JMK and Reynolds combo... lol).

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can’t panic we have money and they gonna sign players for what there worth don’t pay overs Koroisau wasn’t worth 700 800 what ever he wanted and Ramien seems like a premadonna so I’m glad they didn’t sign to be honest we will land a good signature and that will lead more will come

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can’t panic we have money and they gonna sign players for what there worth don’t pay overs Koroisau wasn’t worth 700 800 what ever he wanted and Ramien seems like a premadonna so I’m glad they didn’t sign to be honest we will land a good signature and that will lead more will come
We'll sign no one decent with that mentality/approach. The only players we can sign without overpaying are rejects or players looking for an opportunity that no other clubs in a better situation then us want. Prepare to wait 5-10 years for success if that's the approach you want to take (also not guaranteed). I know the club isn't that dumb and they'll overpay on at least 2 marquee players to speed the process up, that's the way to "land a good signature".

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really pay overs for the dud api madness Koroisau more madness Turpin Wots he done nadda only one I’d move heaven and earth for the kiwi kid from the storm Brandon Smith the other Smith is playing on our teams not that far off a centre and hooker completes it our juniors are coming through get that production line going we will be the envy of the league again

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Really pay overs for the dud api madness Koroisau more madness Turpin Wots he done nadda only one I’d move heaven and earth for the kiwi kid from the storm Brandon Smith the other Smith is playing on our teams not that far off a centre and hooker completes it our juniors are coming through get that production line going we will be the envy of the league again
Smith isn't available tho. Grant is who we should be going for. Then after that Turpin. After that there's no one and we're in the same situation we've been in regarding our Hookers again... there are no premium Hookers available. I think everyone would agree that Koroisau's value is 400k, but that means we'd have to pay 600-700k for him (because a club like Panthers came in for him and even they overpaid, or he's worth more then what we think?). I guess we just suffer in that area and if we don't sign Grant or Turpin next year then we suffer again? How long do we want to suffer for. Koroisau was the only long term option available that we could get this year.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith isn't available tho. Grant is who we should be going for. Then after that Turpin. After that there's no one and we're in the same situation we've been in regarding our Hookers again... there are no premium Hookers available.
When is he available he should be number one target kids exactly what we need

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When is he available he should be number one target kids exactly what we need
He's on contract until 2022. He just signed a 4 or 5 year deal.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not an attraction? We just signed Dean Britt! Stop being such a negative nelly!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we can't attract elite players to the club, you then start to raid their up and coming players. I'm sure there's some good young players out there. Like back in the days we hardly bought big name players we make them. Only thing is the issue we have Dean Pay as coach so we making shyttt lol sad but true

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it’s sad to say this but, players don’t seem to see our club as an attraction anymore, it’s gonna be a mission to sign some good players trying to get out of this rebuild. And having pay as coach it’s not going to attract top quality players, fucks sake Api chose Barrett over pay lmao
We went from signing api, Ramien, Herman to nothing, but hey we’re gonna keep lichaa for another year apparently, I don’t know anymore
Confuses says sign SBW and they will line up to sign..