Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
London Has Fallen

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300542/

In London for the Prime Minister's funeral, Mike Banning is caught up in a plot to assassinate all the attending world leaders.

This is not that bad. It's an action-block buster that's about assassinating the US President for authorising a drone-strike on a wanted arms dealer which missed said arms dealer, however killed his daughter. It was a terrorist attack 2 years in the making.

What I liked about this movie is that they are not afraid to venture into areas of PC by labeling them as terrorists (although where exactly they are from is not specified), and there are some great action scenes in the movie. I recall one time towards the end we see 1 camera focus on the action area for about a minute, no camera angle swaps, nothing, one camera following the action. It was brilliantly done. Great action movie if you're into it.

8/10.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s the latest Star Wars..episode 9 Rise of Skywalker trailer.. Looks like the usual..nice trailer..but meh.. However what does look great is the series Mandalorian..The trailer is here too!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Doc (Alec Baldwin) and Carol (Kim Basinger) McCoy are married criminals looking for a high-paying score. When Doc ends up in a Mexican prison, Carol tells mob boss Jack Benyon (James Woods) that Doc will work for him if Benyon can free him from prison. Benyon hires Doc to rob a dog track, but after the heist goes terribly wrong, Doc and Carol escape with the cash. With a bitter thief (Michael Madsen) and Benyon's hired help on their trail, Doc and Carol must fight to survive.

Your standard 90's action flick, I had no idea it was a remake of a Steve mcqueen movie till I finished it, I kinda wish I watched that version instead. I thought the acting from Alec Baldwin was pretty ordinary (especially from the so called "good" Baldwin, he's just not an action guy imo)
Overall decent direction, and a solid support cast but nothing special about this one (aside from seeing Kim basinger getting naked, that alone is worth at least one star especially in the 90's, man she had it going on) :hearteyes:

3/5

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Men in Black: International

Not an excellent movie but pretty entertaining. Basically it's an MIB movie but not quite as good as the others. Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth never really get close to the dynamic of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. The characters are too similar so there's no real conflict of personalities. They attempt some mild character comedy but it feels lackluster in comparison to Will Smith's over the top expressions against Tommy Lee Jones' deadpan expression. It's also a highly predictable story. The bad guys are more interesting than anything else but they barely have any screen time, and the big bad enemy is only partially explained so by the end of the movie you're still not sure who they are and what their motivation was.

Still worth a watch but don't expect a great movie.

6.5/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe are Hemsworth and Neeson meant to be an international version of Smith and Jones in this film?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe are Hemsworth and Neeson meant to be an international version of Smith and Jones in this film?
Nah. Neeson is more like Rip Torn in the original. Hemsworth is basically Jones and Tessa Thompson is Will Smith. Except Hemsworth is more of a screw up than her even though he's the senior agent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not sure what to make of this new Joker movie but it's looking interesting

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Robin Hood

More entertaining than I expected it to be but definitely not a great movie. It's the old tale of Robin Hood but mixed up a bit. The story is predictable (even though it strays from the original story) but still good. The actors play their roles really well but the script is a little bit too cookie cutter. Feels like you've seen this movie a hundred times before.

The modernisation also falls flat. At times it's subtle, like the war in the Middle East with modern style operations and movements through buildings. Even the machine gun nest with the semi-automatic ballista was semi-believable or when they call in artillery using a flare arrow and they lob stones as artillery. Then there's times where it's not so subtle. Like the sheriff's men using riot shields, or the RPG arrow.

It's also really illogical at times. Like when they use those riot shields to part fire and hold it back. Seriously. Oil is burning on the ground and they push it out of the way and hold it back like they were holding back a mob of rioters. And why is there random flames shooting out of the ground in half the scenes?

The action is great though. It's well balanced and doesn't dive too far into the realms of impossible.

Overall it was an entertaining film. It even sets up for a sequel and they're apparently making the sequel but the main actor said that he won't return for the sequel so not sure how they're going to do that.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Robin Hood

More entertaining than I expected it to be but definitely not a great movie. It's the old tale of Robin Hood but mixed up a bit. The story is predictable (even though it strays from the original story) but still good. The actors play their roles really well but the script is a little bit too cookie cutter. Feels like you've seen this movie a hundred times before.

The modernisation also falls flat. At times it's subtle, like the war in the Middle East with modern style operations and movements through buildings. Even the machine gun nest with the semi-automatic ballista was semi-believable or when they call in artillery using a flare arrow and they lob stones as artillery. Then there's times where it's not so subtle. Like the sheriff's men using riot shields, or the RPG arrow.

It's also really illogical at times. Like when they use those riot shields to part fire and hold it back. Seriously. Oil is burning on the ground and they push it out of the way and hold it back like they were holding back a mob of rioters. And why is there random flames shooting out of the ground in half the scenes?

The action is great though. It's well balanced and doesn't dive too far into the realms of impossible.

Overall it was an entertaining film. It even sets up for a sequel and they're apparently making the sequel but the main actor said that he won't return for the sequel so not sure how they're going to do that.

7/10
Interesting. I know this is on Netflix now so I might give it a watch. The only other RH movies I've seen are the original classic (Black & White) and Men in Tights (which might I add is freaking hilarious).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting. I know this is on Netflix now so I might give it a watch. The only other RH movies I've seen are the original classic (Black & White) and Men in Tights (which might I add is freaking hilarious).
To this day I can't watch a Robin Hood movie without saying, "He split Robin's arrow in twain"

Side note. The only reason Taron Egerton refuses to do a sequel is 'cause he was burnt out doing the Kingsmen movies and doesn't want to do any more series movies.

Wahesh

Reaction score
To this day I can't watch a Robin Hood movie without saying, "He split Robin's arrow in twain"

Side note. The only reason Taron Egerton refuses to do a sequel is 'cause he was burnt out doing the Kingsmen movies and doesn't want to do any more series movies.
I remember when the bloke says Twain a tooth comes flying out of his mouth (I think) unless I'm thinking of something else.

That side note explains why the next Kingsman movie is a prequel. TBH I never watched the Kingsman movies because of him. I watched the first one because of Colin Firth, Mark Strong, and Sofia Boutella, and watched the second because of how great they were in the first one.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Robin Hood

7/10
Man Aussie Ben Mendelsohn is in everything lately..which is great.. If anyone gets a chance watch Animal Kingdom..although Jackie Weaver got nominated for a best supporting actress for her role..Mendelsohn..for me..is the stand out performance..no wonder after the movie he ended up a Hollywood favourite..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Blinkin on the lookout.

Blinkin, what are you doing ?
Ummm......guessing ? I.....guess there’s no one coming ?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s the latest Star Wars..episode 9 Rise of Skywalker trailer.. Looks like the usual..nice trailer..but meh.. However what does look great is the series Mandalorian..The trailer is here too!

Im not watching anymore Star wars as long as Disney are involved.

It isn't star wars anymore.
Its gender quota wars, PC wars.

The best Star wars was empire strikes back.
Why?
Because Irvine Kirschner directed it instead of George Lucas.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah. Neeson is more like Rip Torn in the original. Hemsworth is basically Jones and Tessa Thompson is Will Smith. Except Hemsworth is more of a screw up than her even though he's the senior agent.
Of course he is. And woman perfect queen lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not watching anymore Star wars as long as Disney are involved.

It isn't star wars anymore.
Its gender quota wars, PC wars.

The best Star wars was empire strikes back.
Why?
Because Irvine Kirschner directed it instead of George Lucas.
Black guy oppressed by white leader? Check
Far Asian chick extremely smart and ugly (beautiful)? Check
Purple hair lesbian for antifa? Check
Bash on capitlism scene? Check
Extremely powerful Mary Sue character which the actor can’t even pull off because she’s a female and no amount of camera work can make her hits look as powerful as the males? Check
Female stronger and smarter in the space of a minute? Check
Eliminate the need for the woman to have any connection to a strong white man? Check
Dumb down all male characters including and not limited to drinking alien seal cum? Check
Brand anyone who has an issue with leftist agendas a nazistic misogynist? Check

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Black guy oppressed by white leader? Check
Far Asian chick extremely smart and ugly (beautiful)? Check
Purple hair lesbian for antifa? Check
Bash on capitlism scene? Check
Extremely powerful Mary Sue character which the actor can’t even pull off because she’s a female and no amount of camera work can make her hits look as powerful as the males? Check
Female stronger and smarter in the space of a minute? Check
Eliminate the need for the woman to have any connection to a strong white man? Check
Dumb down all male characters including and not limited to drinking alien seal cum? Check
Brand anyone who has an issue with leftist agendas a nazistic misogynist? Check
I can't watch most modern movies for this reason.

What about that new predator movie?

The lead scientist is a black guy with a weave.
Yeah cause all the worlds top scientists are originally from the hood! Lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Saw Once...Hollywood today. As a fan of Tarantino, this is definitely his weakest work yet. The scenes never really built up to anything and the sub plots were below par. Dont get me wrong, there are a couple of times where i was drawn in but they fell short not too long after.
Di Caprio actually did well and is still a damn good actor, but Pitt's character was meh.

I give it 2.5 stars.

Over to you Margaret...

Reactions: DT