Official Dean Britt official with us for 2 years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Give or take... Yes unfortunately
To be fair though, as much as I am sick of Tolman and want him gone, if he was on 200k like Britt instead of 700k like Tolman is then no one would complain about him. So if Britt is Tolman 2.0 (minus the 4th tackle settlers) for 500k less then that would be pretty handy. Every team needs a few workers.

The problem is we need more game breakers which is why I hope we throw the cheque book at Fifita.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Britt didn't do much tonight. But then again their whole pack got dominated.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A pre season under Pay should do the trick..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Britt didn't do much tonight. But then again their whole pack got dominated.
Like I said earlier he just isn't the signing we needed to make, we already have enough players in the same mould as him.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That attempted play the ball ......

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His a Reggie’s signing, don’t know what people are sooking for

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Showed absolutely nothing tonight, but to be fair neither did the rest of his teammates.

Suck shit south's, skeletor, burgess and rusty.

Glory glory up your arse

Last edited:

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn’t do much tonight but I’m sure he has a new found respect for his future team mates

Last edited:

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman cops a lot of shit because he's not a flashy/impact player and loves a 4th tackle settler, BUT he is an effort player.
Having seen a big lack of effort earlier in the year from the team as a whole, Tolman was one of the few that played with full effort until the final buzzer.
While we get frustrated because he gets in the way a bit, we also should remember that in part, it's not his fault that he is often the only one present at that moment because he is always following the play.
I do think every team needs a Tolman type player, its how he is managed in attack will define how successful he is.
4th and 5th tackle hit ups I got a problem with agree with the rest

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will likely be suspended for quite a few weeks for this today:

A sickening high shot by Souths Dean Britt on Wenty’s Jaeman Salmon was how the second stanza began. The contact saw Salmon assisted from the field, while Souths found themselves having to play the game with just 12 on the paddock after the referee sent off Britt for the high contact.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Will likely be suspended for quite a few weeks for this today:

A sickening high shot by Souths Dean Britt on Wenty’s Jaeman Salmon was how the second stanza began. The contact saw Salmon assisted from the field, while Souths found themselves having to play the game with just 12 on the paddock after the referee sent off Britt for the high contact.
I still don't understand this signing, if his name wasn't Britt I doubt he would even got a look in.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still don't understand this signing, if his name wasn't Britt I doubt he would even got a look in.
A young forward starting in a top 4 team until a week ago on a low salary when some of our forwards are getting on? What’s there to understand?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair though, as much as I am sick of Tolman and want him gone, if he was on 200k like Britt instead of 700k like Tolman is then no one would complain about him. So if Britt is Tolman 2.0 (minus the 4th tackle settlers) for 500k less then that would be pretty handy. Every team needs a few workers.

The problem is we need more game breakers which is why I hope we throw the cheque book at Fifita.
Yep watching Fifita this year he is a friggin beast and will only get better and he is very young ,I would make him the marque player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A young forward starting in a top 4 team until a week ago on a low salary when some of our forwards are getting on? What’s there to understand?
He was a fill in and brings absolutely nothing we don't already have. He's also 26 next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have to fill a squad of 30 and it’s clear others won’t be re-signed after this season
He might well just be a squad signing, can't help but feel he probably isn't and unfortunately will find his way in our starting 17. Looked decent on the edge, below average through the middle. Don't want to see the likes of RFM and To'omaga miss out because we have to fit another stereotypical hard-worker type. We already have more than enough of that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He might well just be a squad signing, can't help but feel he probably isn't and unfortunately will find his way in our starting 17. Looked decent on the edge, below average through the middle. Don't want to see the likes of RFM and To'omaga miss out because we have to fit another stereotypical hard-worker type. We already have more than enough of that.
Let’s wait and see. He’s not a superstar but a decent player and not exactly at plodder level

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let’s wait and see. He’s not a superstar but a decent player and not exactly at plodder level
True, plenty of things can happen between now and the first game next season. I do think our forward pack pretty much selects itself for next season, only contentious decision would be who plays lock out of Elliott, Jackson and Stimson. Few on here wouldn't even consider Elliott but Pay will have him there abouts.