Opinion Brandon Smith

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell and D. Fifita for 900k-1m each. Sign a Hooker like Grant (literally has to be Grant or Turpin) and a Centre like Scott (Raimen would of been better, Staggs would be good, but probably not possible) and that's our squad. If salary cap restrictions move on Foran and possibly Tolman. Smith not off contract so until it's in the media that Storm want to (why would they? only rejects get released) release him early then I'm not going to think he's a realistic option.
We aren’t getting Latrell or Fifita.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We aren’t getting Latrell or Fifita.....
If we're not then another club is paying them 900k-1m. Roosters aren't going to pay overs for Latrell and there is no way the Broncos have enough room in the salary cap to retain Fifita. The real reason we've missed out on Ramien and Koroisau is because we don't want to overpay and there are other clubs in a better position then us that they'd rather join for the same offer. That mindset will change come November for marquee players, watch.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we're not then another club is paying them 900k-1m.
Yeah it’s probably round the mark. I really doubt we are getting any marquee players anytime soon even in 2021. We are having trouble attracting talent on the open market and we are going to have to rely on developing the talent ourselves.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah it’s probably round the mark. I really doubt we are getting any marquee players anytime soon even in 2021. We are having trouble attracting talent on the open market and we are going to have to rely on developing the talent ourselves.
I edited my post. We're not offering overs on those players and there are other clubs that were/are interested. If we keep doing that we won't sign anyone, or it'd be 1 in 10 targets (and no marquee players) meaning there was literally no one else going for them or they wanted to be apart of our club for another reason (which currently isn't success; maybe culture, history?).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another thread that doesn't belong in 'Bulldogs discussion'
Need Mr I. forum is deteriorating ATM

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Whatever you think his value is add 200-300k to it. That's how much we'd have to pay. Unless they're rejects from clubs (and Koroisau was in that boat and we still had to pay overs because other clubs also wanted him) that's what we have to do. Thinking we can get Smith for 400-500k is just showing you don't know how the market works and how to get players to come to a struggling club.
To be honest I don’t know how the market work!! I just love the game!! thanks for the info though

Some players are just too over paid!! If only they were paid based on performance each week with an incentive then we’ll see good games all year round!!

I’m just throwing out numbers where I think they’re worth.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be honest I don’t know how the market work!! I just love the game!! thanks for the info though

Some players are just too over payed!! If only there were paid based on performance each week then we’ll see good games all year round!!
They're (paid what they're worth), but the thing is why would they leave their current club that's going to match our offer. Also if they weren't wanted at their current club, why would they come to us when they're getting the same offer from other clubs which are almost guaranteed to have more success then us in our current state (Koroisau).

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon smith would be a great addition but he signed a 5 year deal with the storm in 2017 so we have no chance. Best bet is probably to stick with JMK and wait and see what happens next season.
Never know whos gunna be unhappy and ask for a release these days.
Issac Luke on a 1 year cheap deal would be ok it would do JMK some good to have a veteran hooker in the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Which would mean he's worth 500-600k. Great position we're in isn't it!
No club is paying 800k for him lol. He isn't leaving the Storm anyway so it's irrelevant in the end.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No club is paying 800k for him lol. He isn't leaving the Storm anyway so it's irrelevant in the end.
You do realise anyone that we want to bring in that's somewhat decent we have to overpay for right? Unless it's rejects that no one else wants or it's for an opportunity for a starting position (and that we're the only club that can give them that) we ain't getting players for their actual value. If that's how you want us to build our squad then don't expect any sort of success. Look at who we've been linked to and who we've signed (we've even missed out on multiple rejects already). I guarantee that mindset will go out the window when November comes and you'll start seeing better players linked/signed that we're overpaying for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You do realise anyone that we want to bring in that's somewhat decent we have to overpay for right? Unless it's rejects that no one else wants or it's for an opportunity for a starting position (and that we're the only club that can give them that) we ain't getting players for their actual value. If that's how you want us to build our squad then don't expect any sort of success.
Nobody is paying 800k for Smith, end of. You're going waaaaaaayyy over the top with these things lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nobody is paying 800k for Smith, end of. You're going waaaaaaayyy over the top with these things lol.
I'm not. Whatever you think they're worth add 200-300k. That's what we have to pay and even then they might still reject coming to our club and that's when we have to move on. Do you think Napa is worth 700k? I for sure don't. I don't know how much DWZ is on (probably a good amount), but we were probably the only club offering him a Fullback spot. We've already missed out on Koroisau and Ramien (apparently) and we tried to get them for their actual value, but because clubs that're in a better situation then us have come in they're not coming anymore. The proofs in the pudding mate.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind you explaining to me why you think decent players are going to come to us for their actual value. You can also use the Knights or Titans (or any rebuilding club) as an e.g. where players went there for their actual value (by the way there's none).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not. Whatever you think they're worth add 200-300k. That's what we have to pay and even then they might still reject coming to our club and that's when we have to move on. Do you think Napa is worth 700k? I for sure don't. I don't know how much DWZ is on (probably a good amount), but we were probably the only club offering him a Fullback spot. We've already missed out on Koroisau and Ramien (apparently) and we tried to get them for their actual value, but because clubs that're in a better situation then us have come in they're not coming anymore. The proofs in the pudding mate.
Napa isn't on 700k, where the fuck are you even getting your figures lol. You have lost the plot here, calm down haha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's on 650k exactly. I round up to the nearest 100k. This is the article if you're going to call me a liar, when actually, you've got no idea what you're talking about so maybe just keep your mouth shut. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/bulldogs/new-recruit-dylan-napa-wants-to-create-his-own-legacy-at-canterbury/news-story/66ffbe61896705bde9e565933157e15e&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium
"Reportedly signed", which means they havent got a fucken clue