Opinion Brandon Smith

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are throwing random names out there, just wondering-

Would you fork out 800k for Brandon Smith?

I think he is way better than Api, comes rom the Storm, obviously a high price for the moment but could be the best or (at least one of) number 9 in a year or two if was full time. Has learnt from the best ever. I know he's signed but how much do you think he's worth? Would have a HUGE influence on our current squad. Would be on PEANUTS at the Storm.

800k, less or possibly more?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally would love him at our club .
I doubt Storm would be paying that much for him at the moment so if we made a play for him I think it would be much less than 800 and also don't think he would leave storm.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's not on the cards but does The Kennel think he's worth 800K? More/Less?
If he came to us for 800k would you be happy? I would if it was for three years.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never gonna happen but I would love him at the club, he plays like a bulldog but he isn't leaving Melbourne any time soon.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know it's not on the cards but does The Kennel think he's worth 800K? More/Less?
If he came to us for 800k would you be happy? I would if it was for three years.
I would be happy with that figure, he has serious potential but already a quality player.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would be happy with that figure, he has serious potential but already a quality player.
We'd have to pay bare minimum 800k... and every other club would be bidding for him as well.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'd have to pay bare minimum 800k... and every other club would be bidding for him as well.
It would be between us and the Warriors, can't see any other team offering big bucks. It would be hard to go against the Warriors though considering he is a kiwi and they are throwing silly money at everyone

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are throwing random names out there, just wondering-

Would you fork out 800k for Brandon Smith?

I think he is way better than Api, comes rom the Storm, obviously a high price for the moment but could be the best or (at least one of) number 9 in a year or two if was full time. Has learnt from the best ever. I know he's signed but how much do you think he's worth? Would have a HUGE influence on our current squad. Would be on PEANUTS at the Storm.

800k, less or possibly more?
800k good player not worth,that sort of money,that is marquee money,secondly he's playing behind one of the best forward packs in the competition,would he be the same player behind our forward pack

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looks good but he hasn’t played that much NRL at hooker so it would be crazy to throw $800k at him. You’d want to see him play a couple of seasons there before splashing they type of money on him.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, probably seen more of him than Cook before Souths signed him. Gun second rower and possible lock too.
We all knew Cook was good and way better than Lichaa but don't think he was touted as much as B Smith at this stage.
Just so desperate for a hooker..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, probably seen more of him than Cook before Souths signed him. Gun second rower and possible lock too.
We all knew Cook was good and way better than Lichaa but don't think he was touted as much as B Smith at this stage.
Just so desperate for a hooker..
Souths didn’t pay $800k to get Cook though....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell and D. Fifita for 900k-1m each. Sign a Hooker like Grant (literally has to be Grant or Turpin) and a Centre like Scott (Raimen would of been better, Staggs would be good, but probably not possible) and that's our squad. If salary cap restrictions move on Foran and possibly Tolman. Smith not off contract so until it's in the media that Storm want to (why would they? only rejects get released) release him early then I'm not going to think he's a realistic option.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths didn’t pay $800k to get Cook though....
No but after two years he's was signed around a million and pretty much worth a million bucks in his second season with Souths hence the increase.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It would be between us and the Warriors, can't see any other team offering big bucks. It would be hard to go against the Warriors though considering he is a kiwi and they are throwing silly money at everyone
If he hit the market it would be almost every team after him IMHO.

Competitive terrier, hard tackling, quick off the mark, ball skills, gives 100%, eager and keen as.

Give me the chequebook cos I would give him 800k to come here no question and sign him for 4 years.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell and D. Fifita for 900k-1m each. Sign a Hooker like Grant (literally has to be Grant or Turpin) and a Centre like Scott (Raimen would of been better, Staggs would be good, but probably not possible) and that's our squad. If salary cap restrictions move on Foran and possibly Tolman. Smith not off contract so until it's in the media that Storm want to (why would they? only rejects get released) release him early then I'm not going to think he's a realistic option.
If we don't want to keep Foran regardless and Lewis/Cogger ain't good enough then Croft (maybe Townsend) and CHT (Warriors) are probably the best options.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Unlike us, elite teams don't lose good players.

Would love him but there is a better chance of winning power ball than him coming sadly.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
He would be great, he has dog written all over him..I’m not sure bout 800k as he hasn’t played many full minutes at hooker.

But 400-500k sounds reasonable.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He would be great, he has dog written all over him..I’m not sure bout 800k as he hasn’t played many full minutes at hooker.

But 400-500k sounds reasonable.
Whatever you think his value is add 200-300k to it. That's how much we'd have to pay. Unless they're rejects from clubs (and Koroisau was in that boat and we still had to pay overs because other clubs also wanted him) that's what we have to do. Thinking we can get Smith for 400-500k is just showing you don't know how the market works and how to get players to come to a struggling club.