News Issac Luke set to leave the warriors

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Segeyaro much better buy and wants to move back to Sydney for his business. No brainer.
What business? he was pouring coffee in a mates coffee shop before Brisbane gave him a lifeline and said he always wanted to play out his carreer at the club .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What business? he was pouring coffee in a mates coffee shop before Brisbane gave him a lifeline and said he always wanted to play out his carreer at the club .
He runs a clothing business with Corey Norman and Issac John.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would rather we keep our powder dry and talent scout for the next young promising 9 and pay overs for him, rather than buy a used up player like Luke. His best was Soufs days and they are long behind him plus I feel he has a lazy ass bone in him...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He can have great matches. But he can also be the biggest dud I've seen at times. He's like a box of chocolates.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best years are behind him, still does the job but no.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah give him 1 year $150k. Although I’d rather Seggy.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let’s get this straight.... manly release api and are now chasing issac.... lol am I missing anything here? Wasn’t the whole point of getting rid of api for salary cap....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck no we should have segaryo coming off the bench

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
issac luke has that doggies attitude sign him on a veterans minimum

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sign him 12 months to teach JMK how not to pass the ball to Tolman in attacking position on the 3rd/4th/5th

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So let’s get this straight.... manly release api and are now chasing issac.... lol am I missing anything here? Wasn’t the whole point of getting rid of api for salary cap....
They were paying Api around $500k and still want a back up hooker and can probably get Luke cheaply. It’s all a cost cutting exercise.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were paying Api around $500k and still want a back up hooker and can probably get Luke cheaply. It’s all a cost cutting exercise.
Ok but say they are forking out some cash and laying Luke cheap... wouldn’t it have just made sense to flick a couple of cheaper players and keep someone so vital in the club? How much could that possibly be saving.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok but say they are forking out some cash and laying Luke cheap... wouldn’t it have just made sense to flick a couple of cheaper players and keep someone so vital in the club? How much could that possibly be saving.
It probably depends on how much cap they wanted to save. If they flicked a couple of cheaper players they would still have to replace them in the top 30 so they wouldn’t have cleared much cap space that way. From all reports Api was on $500k and let’s say Luke signs for $150k. They replace Api with another hooker and save $350k in cap space.