I wish we'd take a field goal sometimes

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wish we'd take a field goal sometimes. Was really nervous when we were up by 6 late in the game (about 10 mins to go), we had a whole set deep in Souths territory and rather than take a shot we kick over the sideline. Souths started throwing the ball around and I was just hoping it didn't cost us in the end. It's not the first time we've done it this year either. I know it can be about field position but one day it's gonna cost us a game - in extra time maybe

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question though, who could kick one. Forans leg would probably come off if he tried.

As you said there's a risk of a 7 tackle set too. I was kind of happy the boys backed themselves.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very very true

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can just imagine Foran getting injured going for a field goal. Lewis is 1/1 and has said he hasn't hit many field goals (lower grades).

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably because of the 7 tackle set.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just wish we'd take a field goal sometimes. Was really nervous when we were up by 6 late in the game (about 10 mins to go), we had a whole set deep in Souths territory and rather than take a shot we kick over the sideline. Souths started throwing the ball around and I was just hoping it didn't cost us in the end. It's not the first time we've done it this year either. I know it can be about field position but one day it's gonna cost us a game - in extra time maybe
A agree I said this last week too about going for a field goal but again we got down very deep and turned the ball outside rather than inside where both halves were waiting to have a shot. more thought down their end boys.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't understand how we f..ked up Lewis' FG attempt tonight. Do they practice this at training ?. Knew blowing a FG would cost us a game eventually. Will be spewing if it turns out we could have made the 8 if we'd won tonight. We looked so slick when we scored the try but totally stuffed so many other good field opportunities - many more than the Cows had

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The shit part Is if Lewis was going to kick it why play down his left side. His a left foot kicker , he was in an awkward position . Just seems that our halves don't gel well. Foz may have just come back but he has been here 2 years with all the training they should work better than they do.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’ll even forget the penalty goals at times and just back themselves

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we have to be able to kick field goals, cannot rely on defence in a drawn game or close game, need to be able to put the game in the bag by a field goal if needed

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
remember when we had trent hodkinson and this was never a problem? dude's boot was a gun barrel, both conversions and field goals.

Banned
Reaction score
Was out on Belmore Oval (railway end) practicing them for shits and giggles a few weeks ago after the boys had finished training.
A LOT harder than it looks, yet a game ball does make it marginally easier.
You feel the difference coming off the foot and gain better accuracy and distance.
Gave me a better appreciation of what it's like on the field on match day, rather than some back suburban park!