SOS for a centre!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Watching the way David Fifita played tonight lets just go after him, what a beast hes what Tony Williams could of been if he looked at himself in a mirror.
We could get both of them. We need to add explosive players. Latrell and Fifita fit the build for me.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fafita killed it again tonight
Whoever he goes to will have to open up the purse

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the way David Fifita played tonight lets just go after him, what a beast hes what Tony Williams could of been if he looked at himself in a mirror.
Would let him play anywhere he wanted,exceptional talent

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe? Better than picking him and not playing him and taking a bench spot for another forward.
The only reason I can think he's there is if Foran gets injured. In theory you need to have a utility player to cover the spine, but he needs to get some game time regardless otherwise it's just a waste. If we add another forward it'd need to be a Second Rower and take 30 minutes of CHN to be worth it. Do we even have someone who could do this role? I want RFM to play in the middle, before he was back in the side I thought that was something we could do.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Sorry buddy but I worst problem isnt centres. Our problem is our lack of a competitive spine

We have a ball running fullback
A 5/8 who is usually injured
A halfback who has 0 attacking skill
An average at best hooker.

You can have latrell Mitchell at centre and he wont do Jack shit with this spine
If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish.

The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good options on the wing but they will be wasted with no ball from non creative centres.

Whilst on recruitment still have an issue in the halves. Lots of clubs do, not sure what options out there but in my opinion we need at least one maybe two centres, a half and a hooker.

Then we can dream of semi finals.

Imagine that. We have dropped so low that we can now only dream of semi finals.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The only reason I can think he's there is if Foran gets injured. In theory you need to have a utility player to cover the spine, but he needs to get some game time regardless otherwise it's just a waste. If we add another forward it'd need to be a Second Rower and take 30 minutes of CHN to be worth it. Do we even have someone who could do this role? I want RFM to play in the middle, before he was back in the side I thought that was something we could do.
100% why Cogger's there but a bench utility still needs a primary role. We'd be better off playing Lewis off the bench who could come in with RFM and Renouf at Lock but he's also there if/when Foran breaks down

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe? Better than picking him and not playing him and taking a bench spot for another forward.
He should have been given a run in the 2nd half for Foran as he was gassed at half time and did little in the latter half.These decisions are what confirmation Pay is not a coach to take us forward.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Longshot and out there but Michael jennings for a Yr or we owe penrith 1 and pinch one of theres

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have that covered
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson
14. ?
15. RFM (front row)
16. Elliot (second row / lock)
17. To'Omaga (front row)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have that covered
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson
14. ?
15. RFM (front row)
16. Elliot (second row / lock)
17. To'Omaga (front row)
Smith Lock rotation. Elliott 30 minutes Second Row spelling CHN?

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry buddy but I worst problem isnt centres. Our problem is our lack of a competitive spine

We have a ball running fullback
A 5/8 who is usually injured
A halfback who has 0 attacking skill
An average at best hooker.

You can have latrell Mitchell at centre and he wont do Jack shit with this spine
I think if we had two speedy elusive centres we would be far more dangerous. Foran engages the line every time yet the 2nd rowers are the only guys who hit a hole. It becomes easy to read for any decent defence. Getting a top class half is going to be impossible. There are none out there. As for hooker, well we kept Lichaa for Cook. Great recruiting decision that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think if we had two speedy elusive centres we would be far more dangerous. Foran engages the line every time yet the 2nd rowers are the only guys who hit a hole. It becomes easy to read for any decent defence. Getting a top class half is going to be impossible. There are none out there. As for hooker, well we kept Lichaa for Cook. Great recruiting decision that.
We have CHN who can run like a centre yet he gets fuck all good ball, dunno why you think our centres will get any better than him lol. We defenitely do need another centre but pretty much our entire spine needs replacing at this stage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% why Cogger's there but a bench utility still needs a primary role. We'd be better off playing Lewis off the bench who could come in with RFM and Renouf at Lock but he's also there if/when Foran breaks down
Bellamy throughout the season has played with a middle of Brandon Smith, Finucane and Paps for periods of the games....there's absolutely no excuse for Pay to not find a way to inject Cogger for 3 weeks running, he can't simply pick him for "cover" like some people think when we can only score 2 tries a game.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOcoach "_G-Dog_, post: 3614657, member: 2818"]We need to fix the spine First.. Halfback & Hooker..[/QUOTE]
And coach ?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy throughout the season has played with a middle of Brandon Smith, Finucane and Paps for periods of the games....there's absolutely no excuse for Pay to not find a way to inject Cogger for 3 weeks running, he can't simply pick him for "cover" like some people think when we can only score 2 tries a game.
The obvious rotation would be to shift Lewis to lock but the question then becomes, why not start the better halfback anyway?

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lincoln Lewis would be a great centre. Can play either side of the field. Great defender. Has slick hands and a semi kicking game.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your completely right. Api is a good example. We were hearing that we signed him not knowing the club gave him a deadline and pulled the deal last week and it backs up what you are saying
Bahahahaha man no one on here has actual contacts inside the club that would leak information.. If you were a trusted member of the inner circle inside the dogs, would you risk it all to leak information.. Come on man be a realist

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fafita killed it again tonight
Whoever he goes to will have to open up the purse
Purse, safe, keys to the city (Belmore) Co - Captain, whatever it takes. And get him to bring that beast Payne Haas with him and bring back Marty Taupau to add to Ogden, RFM, To'omaga and Jacko and we can just bash everyone out of the game...