News Topine named in Australian Schoolboys and Re-signed till 2022

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased to confirm Jackson Topine has been selected in the 2019 Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League under 18 team.

Topine was named in a 17-man squad that represented NSWCHS at the recent schoolboy carnival held in Canberra that saw Queensland claim a 34-10 victory over NSWCCC in the final.

The 18-year old received his jersey from current Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga with the side set to play a one-off Test against the New Zealand under 19 side in Brisbane on September 22.

A student of Easts Hills Boys High, the hard-working back rower has had a great season to date having claimed the club’s SG Ball Player of the Year, being named captain of the NSW under 18s side and selection in the Bulldogs Jersey Flegg squad.

On top of these achievements on the field, Jackson has re-signed with the club until the end of the 2022 season.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/07/22/topine-named-in-australian-schoolboys/

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fantastic news that he’s been locked up long term he has NRL player written all over him. We have a glut of back row talent coming through the lower grades.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, article doesn't mention Toby Sexton. Is he not with the Bulldogs or something now?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, article doesn't mention Toby Sexton. Is he not with the Bulldogs or something now?
Pretty sure Sexton is still with us more then likely just the guys running the website not having a clue.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure Sexton is still with us more then likely just the guys running the website not having a clue.
Possibly, considering we don't even have flegg player profiles like other clubs (at least they didn't last time I checked).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly, considering we don't even have flegg player profiles like other clubs (at least they didn't last time I checked).
Did Sexton even play Flegg? I thought he was staying up in QLD and coming down after he finished school and be with us next year.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did Sexton even play Flegg? I thought he was staying up in QLD and coming down after he finished school and be with us next year.
He's not in the Flegg system. Still at school for PBC. Likely to come down next season.