Gilded
Reaction score
Forget him he’s a fossil .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody oath lol, sign him up!! We are forever grasping at straws an he will do !! Hell anything will do right now for fuck sake !!!!!!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmk as number one he’s getting better and better get a gun center more important

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do we actually need to invest significant cash into a hooker for $500-$700k per year?

Why not save that money and secure a gun centre or half when the right one comes along?

From what I've seen JMK is a more than capable hooker.
Hes definitely improving. As long as Lichaa isnt the hooker im ok. We are weaker in other positions and still havent sorted our halves out imo. Right now we have a choice between safe, no xfactor Cogger, or Lewis, who has xfactor and great defence, but isnt safe at all. And Foran, who is good at everything has only played half the games we played since we signed him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Honestly forget about him
14. Segeyaro
15. Mariner
16. To'Omaga
17. Elliot
Would be a handy bench

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are desperate so why not, he is at least better than Lichit
We are by no means desperate. Api is better then JMK but it’s as much about managing the cap as coaching. Hopefully we just avoided paying overs for a rehab room hog.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are by no means desperate. Api is better then JMK but it’s as much about managing the cap as coaching. Hopefully we just avoided paying overs for a rehab room hog.
We're really desperate tbh.
Reynolds, Lichaa, Levi, Segeyaro and Luke
Some people are mentioning Rein and Egan, but they're literally scraping the bottom of the barrel. Also pretty sure not off contract and nothing coming out regarding their future, so might not even be available. You're probably more likely getting the worst Hooker out of the Panthers, Katoa? We just need a short term option, but if we don't get Harry Grant for 2021 (I think we'll be able to go for Turpin again, but he's already turned us down), there still isn't anyone to actually sign. Koroisau was a key signing that we've missed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Api wasn't going to be our saviour, most likely a stop-gap and taking Lichaas place.

But I still think we are desperate to attract high quality players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Api wasn't going to be our saviour, most likely a stop-gap and taking Lichaas place.

But I still think we are desperate to attract high quality players.
a 3 year deal and starting Hooker isn't really a stop gap. Especially for 500k.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way I would of paid 500 for him.
Our offer was 100% between 400-500k. We'll say 450k. We couldn't compete with a 600k bid from Panthers not only because of the money, but the situation of both clubs. Both the Panthers and Warriors disagree with your valuation (both prepared to pay overs). I think he's worth 400-500k too.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're really desperate tbh.
Reynolds, Lichaa, Levi, Segeyaro and Luke
Some people are mentioning Rein and Egan, but they're literally scraping the bottom of the barrel. Also pretty sure not off contract and nothing coming out regarding their future, so might not even be available. You're probably more likely getting the worst Hooker out of the Panthers, Katoa? We just need a short term option, but if we don't get Harry Grant for 2021 (I think we'll be able to go for Turpin again, but he's already turned us down), there still isn't anyone to actually sign. Koroisau was a key signing that we've missed.
You can look at it as an opportunity lost but I don’t think he is the hooker really want. The last 2x names you mentioned YES.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of them id rather Luke. New club maybe new lease of life for him. Or harry grant if storm will release him

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No to Segeyaro.
Harry Grant should be signed for 2021 on November 1, then move heaven and earth to get him here for 2020.
In the meantime, Issac Luke would be a decent stop gap with a 2 year contract, 2nd year as a club option. Will help with JMK's development as a 9.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo there are two short term opinions and that is James Segeyaro or Isaac Luke both you could get on the cheap and have them on short term deals till a better prospect comes available to market we need another hooker now API pulled the pin for next season the 2 I have named are better imo then Danny Levi Michael Lichaa and Josh Reynolds .

Issac Luke
could benefit with a change of club and his experience would be great especially with a young squad he has gone backwards since going back to NZ I think short term with a fresh start mite be what he needs and he got a bit of **** in him what at certain times we have missed and a half decent goal kicker as well

James Segeyaro
Is that spark that we have lacked for a while and would get our forwards on a role with his quick speed from around the ruck he is decent in defence as well

I would be happy with either one SHORT term till as I stated a better prospect becomes available eg Harry Grant Brandon Smith or someone like that

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No to Segeyaro.
Harry Grant should be signed for 2021 on November 1, then move heaven and earth to get him here for 2020.
In the meantime, Issac Luke would be a decent stop gap with a 2 year contract, 2nd year as a club option. Will help with JMK's development as a 9.
Agree.

Go for grant ASAP or Brandon
Smith and just talk to his brothers girlfriends cousins sisters dog. Don’t care about contracts. We always get fucked with players under contract

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nope, he doesn't pass any better than Josh Reynolds so you may as well get Josh. I think we stick with JMK and see what's free June 30 next year or for 2021.