News Penrith shock Bulldogs in stunning move to secure signature of API Koroisau

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jmk is junk , will always be a reserve grade hooker ,
With one season at hooker he's already shown plenty of improvement. Seems to me like he's not at the peak of his skills yet. Koroisau would have been good for the experience he provides. But it's not going to destroy the club because he went elsewhere. With a seasons worth of experience under his belt JMK will hopefully get in a good offseason polishing up on areas he lacks. He doesn't seem like a player that stops learning due to overconfidence like a certain other hooker we have.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JMK has been playing well. He pulled a 40/20 out of his bag of tricks last night. Would be good to see if he can do some sprint work in off season to make him a little more of a threat. Would be good if he could pull out his brothers footwork on occasions.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We Are so fucked for next year if they are sticking with jmk lol
No we are not, JMK is really good, good defender, kicked a 40/20 his trying. Api is injury prone and a waste of money. We just need a centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No we are not, JMK is really good, good defender, kicked a 40/20 his trying. Api is injury prone and a waste of money. We just need a centre.
"kicked a 40/20 his trying"
How many 40/20's has he kicked this season Isaac?
How many rounds are in a season Isaac?

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think JMK has been playing well. He pulled a 40/20 out of his bag of tricks last night. Would be good to see if he can do some sprint work in off season to make him a little more of a threat. Would be good if he could pull out his brothers footwork on occasions.
Definitely improving... Have a feeling he's been instructed to play what's in front of him as he seems to be adding new tricks to his arsenal over the last couple of weeks...

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need another creative player in our spine.

If we don’t sign a creative 9, we need to find another creative half because we obviously don’t have enough points in us.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trent Barrett can be revealed as the man who helped Penrith snare the shock signature of Api Koroisau.

A Bulldogs official said the club would not sign a hooker unless another top-flight No.9 became available.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...u/news-story/34bbbe7da916a57707cde2aa19978fb0
I like that there is no panic to go out and buy a player for the sake of it. The fact that we are prepared to wait for the right player shows we shouldn't end up in the mess that Des left in a few years time.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to use 95% of our salary cap.... hahaha... the NRL is a joke of an administration!

howard3.0

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think it matters who we sign when we are giving all the good ball to Tolman, even though we have a million dollar player in the halves.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to go back to bull.......doggie style with a big willie...... type..... release the dogs of war.... we need more mongrel a rip and a tearin

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to use 95% of our salary cap.... hahaha... the NRL is a joke of an administration!
Easy loop hole. Just top up current contracts for that year. E.g. Jackson is on 600k (I don't know what he's actually on, just an e.g.) bump him up to 800k for the year. Do this for multiple players that deserve it (or at least deserve it more then the others).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem with JMK is that he is far from the finished article and there’s no guarantee that he ever is going to be the finished article. If JMK improves we might be ok but what if he doesn’t get any better or hits a form slump? We are up shit creek without a paddle with no back up hooker of note. It’s very risky. Touch wood it doesn’t happen but if JMK goes down in Round 1 we are going to have a bloke in Cogger play the season at hooker when he’s played the majority of his career in the halves.

With the options available we really don’t have a choice but cross our fingers and put all our eggs in the JMK basket.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So just read that Dean Ritchie post again which claimed we lost him (Api) in the 11th hour and we had even set up a press conference? The rumour on here a few days ago also said announcement at the end of the week? Just a coincidence??

So here's my question. This article claims we knew a little while ago due to Barrett, therefor no surprise to our club?. So did Api just be a complete A'hole and pull out of us signing on the same day of it's announcement OR is something else happening?

Something isn't adding up at the moment.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good. Fuck him. He can blow Trent in the showers every day after training instead.

If the report about the club having no interest in Levi is true, then I'll blow myself.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So just read that Dean Ritchie post again which claimed we lost him (Api) in the 11th hour and we had even set up a press conference? The rumour on here a few days ago also said announcement at the end of the week? Just a coincidence??

So here's my question. This article claims we knew a little while ago due to Barrett, therefor no surprise to our club?. So did Api just be a complete A'hole and pull out of us signing on the same day of it's announcement OR is something else happening?

Something isn't adding up at the moment.
Who knows it’s obvious someone is bullshitting and I’d put good money on it being Dean Ritchie.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I said that ages ago. Got it from a very good source
Haven’t seen many posts from you lately mate but in my memory you’re the only one who brings any rumors that actuality materialize. Anything new you can share? I fear another tough campaign next year with a few more signings