SOS for a centre!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes mores the pity :(

Do you think Cogger could be a successful dummy half and shore up the middle tho....another half trying to learn hooker play..that'd be 2.

Worth a try if no one else comes up I guess...better than sitting on the bench getting splinters :grinning:
We can only try I guess. He is built like a hooker.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The poor bloke is still try to learn how to be an NRL level half, now you guys want to throw him into the hooker role. Look not saying he can't be solid there eventually, but he has shown massive promise in the halves, and trying to teach him the intricacies of the hooking role will take a couple of years that we don't have
Well he was improving every game before being dropped for no reason. I'd like Lewis in our team somewhere.

Like I said, I just want to get the best out of a shitty situation.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most will probably disagree but I think we should have a look at Kurt Capewell. He’s currently of the bench at the sharks, I seen good things from him this year in various positions but I think he’s a decent centre....

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most will probably disagree but I think we should have a look at Kurt Capewell. He’s currently of the bench at the sharks, I seen good things from him this year in various positions but I think he’s decent centre....
He's a solid player. We need to create more chances and score more points. I think we need explosive players.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Question how often do the centres get early ball quickly from a ruck in the centre of the field?

Never is my take on it.
The right side try numbers are not too bad 45% of all tries.
But even on the right I see Jackson making plenty of runs but hardly ever passes and dies with the ball.

The problem with the attack is from the 6, 7 & 9.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Question how often do the centres get early ball quickly from a ruck in the centre of the field?

Never is my take on it.
The right side try numbers are not too bad 45% of all tries.
But even on the right I see Jackson making plenty of runs but hardly ever passes and dies with the ball.

The problem with the attack is from the 6 & 7.
Agreed. He doesn’t bust the line at speed and offload like he used to and hasn’t adjusted his game accordingly

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish.

The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good options on the wing but they will be wasted with no ball from non creative centres.

Whilst on recruitment still have an issue in the halves. Lots of clubs do, not sure what options out there but in my opinion we need at least one maybe two centres, a half and a hooker.

Then we can dream of semi finals.

Imagine that. We have dropped so low that we can now only dream of semi finals.
We do need another centre, but we have a few halves coming through and hopefully they will come good.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Semi radrandra if he ain’t happy in rugby try get him over would be a good centre

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finchie! Any chance we Talk to Ramien again after The Api fall out?We have $ spare..
Bahahahaha man no one on here has actual contacts inside the club that would leak information.. If you were a trusted member of the inner circle inside the dogs, would you risk it all to leak information.. Come on man be a realist

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad times still ahead lol. 2020 looked great until last nights fail an api back flip.. oh boy!!!!
Man no one at the club said we signed API, was all “know it alls” on here and in the media click baiting..

Click baiting is the new masturbation.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many tackles did Holland miss/ineffective last night? He was pretty difficult to watch.
One missed tackle,12 tackles made,4 one on one tackles made.More than other centre,wingers and fullback combined.CHN who defends inside Holland had 7 missed tackles. Meaney misread defensive line to let in the try so I don’t think Holland was the problem.Also he injured his shoulder in the first half which remains to be seen how serious.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. DWZ

6. Foran (Lewis to cover when needed)
7. Wakeham

9. Cogger

13. Jackson

14. JMK
You think Cogger can make 50 tackles and be effective in attack?

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really think Curtis Scott is worth chasing genuine pace and skill, alot of calls for us to sign Mitchell but i think we could get Scott for half the price and get decent production out of him. No doubt Latrell Mitchell is a great player but i just dont see the roosters letting him go.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really think Curtis Scott is worth chasing genuine pace and skill, alot of calls for us to sign Mitchell but i think we could get Scott for half the price and get decent production out of him. No doubt Latrell Mitchell is a great player but i just dont see the roosters letting him go.
It's not up to the Roosters, it's up to Latrell. Roosters will not pay overs for him (I guess they could, but that isn't really the Roosters' way, at worst we're making the Roosters pay more, so it's a win win). They'll offer him 700k. We'll offer him 900k-1m then he'll have to make a decision. That's an extra 1.5m over 5 years.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not up to the Roosters, it's up to Latrell. Roosters will not pay overs for him (I guess they could, but that isn't really the Roosters' way, at worst we're making the Roosters pay more, so it's a win win). They'll offer him 700k. We'll offer him 900k-1m then he'll have to make a decision. That's an extra 1.5m over 5 years.
Watching the way David Fifita played tonight lets just go after him, what a beast hes what Tony Williams could of been if he looked at himself in a mirror.