Opinion Strike Rate - Api, Ese Ese, Ramien

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough. I still have faith in Pay because of 3 reasons:
1. Individual improvement - under Pay, DWZ, Cogger, JMK, To'omanga, RFM, Meaney, CHN have had massive improvements.
I've had a busy day at work today and just opened the kennel now. I read the above and I think to myself "Are you fucking serious???????"

Please explain to me how the fuck pay had anything to do with improving dwz, to'omaga, rfm, meaney or chn

I'll give you jmk and cogger but not the rest of them, fuck no.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've had a busy day at work today and just opened the kennel now. I read the above and I think to myself "Are you fucking serious???????"

Please explain to me how the fuck pay had anything to do with improving dwz, to'omaga, rfm, meaney or chn

I'll give you jmk and cogger but not the rest of them, fuck no.
are you actually retarded?

DWZ - couldn't crack first grade at Penrith, now he has been given more responsibility at Canterbury than ever before, he is running big metres on the kick returns, looking good in attack and organizing well in defence.

To'omanga - came earlier in the year without too much that was great. Now, he is making great runs off the bench, has footwork close to the line that hasn't been seen before and the To'omanga jizz train is fully choo-chooing.

RFM - was shit earlier in the year - got dropped - came back on bench against Rabbitohs - linebreak and almost set up a try. He is now running + 10m a run, looking dangerous and constantly getting his arm loose.

Meaney - biggest improver. not present in attack when at fullback. Goes to wing and gets dominated in kick returns and doesnt make any metres. Now? he no longer gets dominated and can make post contact metres. He is running quick out of dummy half to get our sets rolling earlier on. Has also scored a few tries since.

CHN - cleaned up his defence and is now missing far less tackles a game (although last game was slight let down).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too worried mate, he calls our coach Dean Gay, every second comment is talking about homosexuals, calls other blokes babe and blows kisses at them. It’s pretty obvious he’s got a few unresolved issues

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
are you actually retarded?

DWZ - couldn't crack first grade at Penrith, now he has been given more responsibility at Canterbury than ever before, he is running big metres on the kick returns, looking good in attack and organizing well in defence.

To'omanga - came earlier in the year without too much that was great. Now, he is making great runs off the bench, has footwork close to the line that hasn't been seen before and the To'omanga jizz train is fully choo-chooing.

RFM - was shit earlier in the year - got dropped - came back on bench against Rabbitohs - linebreak and almost set up a try. He is now running + 10m a run, looking dangerous and constantly getting his arm loose.

Meaney - biggest improver. not present in attack when at fullback. Goes to wing and gets dominated in kick returns and doesnt make any metres. Now? he no longer gets dominated and can make post contact metres. He is running quick out of dummy half to get our sets rolling earlier on. Has also scored a few tries since.

CHN - cleaned up his defence and is now missing far less tackles a game (although last game was slight let down).
Again HOW the fuck did Dean pay improve their games.

You gave me reasons as to how the players improved their own games, no thanks to pay.

1. Dwz was always chomping at the bit to be a fullback. He was great from the first game he played for us. That is NOT pay improving him.

2. To'omaga - Dean pay fucked renoufs confidence last season. And renouf still isn't being given time on the field when compared to garbage like adam elliot. Renoufs footwork and post contact metres were ALWAYS part of his game. Dean pay had nothing to do with improving those facets of renoufs game. If pay hadn't royally fucked renoufs confidence last season we'd have seen this renouf much sooner

3. Rfm there were many hear crying out for rfm to be played through the middle. After one mistake of an intercepted offload, pay dropped him and just like renouf, fucked rfm confidence. The decision to FINALLY put rfm through the middle came way too late, especially when quite a few on this forum could see that that was rfms position

4. Meaney he was always good under the high ball. That wasn't taught by pay. His runs from the back is a result of confidence and the team's confidence rubbing off on him. Again no pay influence

5. Chn seriously this is the biggest bullshit one. Pay dropping chn to reserve grade and blaming "defence and tackling ", especially when our worst defender is Elliot, is bullshit

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too worried mate, he calls our coach Dean Gay, every second comment is talking about homosexuals, calls other blokes babe and blows kisses at them. It’s pretty obvious he’s got a few unresolved issues
He did admit previously that he had mummy issues

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You gave me reasons as to how the players improved their own games, no thanks to pay.

1. Dwz was always chomping at the bit to be a fullback. He was great from the first game he played for us. That is NOT pay improving him.

2. To'omaga - Dean pay fucked renoufs confidence last season. And renouf still isn't being given time on the field when compared to garbage like adam elliot. Renoufs footwork and post contact metres were ALWAYS part of his game. Dean pay had nothing to do with improving those facets of renoufs game. If pay hadn't royally fucked renoufs confidence last season we'd have seen this renouf much sooner

3. Rfm there were many hear crying out for rfm to be played through the middle. After one mistake of an intercepted offload, pay dropped him and just like renouf, fucked rfm confidence. The decision to FINALLY put rfm through the middle came way too late, especially when quite a few on this forum could see that that was rfms position

4. Meaney he was always good under the high ball. That wasn't taught by pay. His runs from the back is a result of confidence and the team's confidence rubbing off on him. Again no pay influence

5. Chn seriously this is the biggest bullshit one. Pay dropping chn to reserve grade and blaming "defence and tackling ", especially when our worst defender is Elliot, is bullshit
If they improve under Pay, Pay is improving them. Everything I have said is true. They have all improved under Pay. Does Pay have to lift weights for a player to be considered as improving that player?

Much of our squad has had great improvements UNDER PAY. This also means that PAY HAS IMPROVED THEM. These two should not be distinguished as you don't know what goes on behind the scenes and can only judge what you see. If Pay gave no input to the players and they improved themselves, so be it, but it happened under Pay.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Years ago Ricky Stuart was whinging any crying that no one wanted to sign with Canberra, they’re doing just fine now lol what changed
they had to and probably still do pay overs for people to move there (because Canberra is a shithole)....also might be why they target poms because they're used to the cold shitty weather

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People blame Pay for the bad things, but don't give him credit for the good things.
The players not being able to stick or execute a game plan is Pay's fault. Players improving isn't because of Pay, but because of the players just being on the field. xD
At the end of the day being a successful coach is results driven, but we have a bottom 4 side guys.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re an idiot your comparing a premiership winning coach who had been in 3 grand finals and won 2... that’s the comparison you’re giving to dean pay.. that’s even dumber then your first comment... secondly Hasler came into an established squad, we haven’t even built the squad yet... moron
You’re just a fwit, always picking fights and insulting folks.. Big tough hiding behind your smart phone.. Tough guy

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know “its” not a girl? And Cet G you should probably take what you can get, I get an elephant man vibe off you..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I had meant for it to be about our recruitment.. after quoting your post..
Guess it was too subtle for me cos I'm so used to the smarties on here bagging supporters who expect better and offer a reasonable critique and view. Sincere apologies :grinning:

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DNA tests take up to 3 months for the results to come back.

The players did not want to wait as the DNA might not have matched the dogs DNA.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical us to land the forward and miss out on the key signings in areas we're lacking haha. This is so depressing after last nights mess
De ja vu. Happened when we missed out on teddy and got woods instead.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they improve under Pay, Pay is improving them. Everything I have said is true. They have all improved under Pay. Does Pay have to lift weights for a player to be considered as improving that player?

Much of our squad has had great improvements UNDER PAY. This also means that PAY HAS IMPROVED THEM. These two should not be distinguished as you don't know what goes on behind the scenes and can only judge what you see. If Pay gave no input to the players and they improved themselves, so be it, but it happened under Pay.
No. No no no no

You said pay has improved them. How has he improved them?

Go on please tell me how pay has improved dwz when dwz has been playing at the same level for us since his 1st game for us

Tell me how pay has improved renouf? Other than giving him more game time off the bench and pay not being an absolute idiot like last season when he started renouf in his 4th first grade game and then dropped renouf completely from 1st grade. Seriously how dumb do you have to be to start a young forward in only his 4th first grade game and then completely banish him from 1st grade until the following season

Or how about rfm? How has pay improved him? Rem still gives reckless offloads, is pay going to drop him to reserves again to "improve him"?

Is pay also going to drop chn to reserve grade to teach chn how to catch hospital passes from elliot?

You're saying pay has "improved" these players, I'm simply saying to you show me which aspects of their game have improved from what we already knew about these players early in the season.

As I've said, dwz is the same player as the 1st game he played for us, renouf has always had footwork, post contact metres and offloads, rfm was always hard to tackle and had an offload in him, meaney was always going to be good under the high ball, he showed this in his Newcastle days, and Corey harawera?

Using CHN for your argument is the funniest out of all of them. Pay dropped CHN for a ridiculous reason of "working on his tackling" and yet his fucking pet Adam idiot misses more tackles than anyone else, throws ridiculous hospital passes, is dick fingers, runs to the sideline and gets pushed out by a winger, can't tackle for shit and doesn't stop opposition forwards but CHN needed to be dropped to "work on his tackling"