News Penrith shock Bulldogs in stunning move to secure signature of API Koroisau

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go ahead then, who should we sign? Don't be quoting the generic list of upcoming hyped hookers.

If you're so knowledgeable. Give us an actual proper answer. And back up your claims. Because JMK sure has backed his selection.
Mate he makes shocking decisions on where to pass to in the 20, he fucked up the set up for the field goal last night and he didn't take any runs from dummy half against an exhausted cowboys pack. The one good thing he did last night was the 40/20

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
JMK is a solid squad option, nothing more. Lacks vision, ball playing ability and just general knowledge regarding the position. You're making it sound like he's this top hooking prospect.

Bloke was awful last night and a key reason to why we couldn't score more than single try, his pass selection was terrible while there were plenty of opportunities to run that he completely passed up on. Yh he kicked a cracker of a 40/20 and got through loads of work but so many of the basics were just stuffed up by him.

Idk who we sign now, we have a couple a good up and coming hookers through the grades but they won't be ready for a while. Maybe we try and sign Rein or Kenny and run with dual hookers for another season. I'd rather stick with JMK than sign someone like Levi but that's hardly because I think JMK is a great prospect.
To be honest he has nailed it.

Jmk is ok. He is showing some promise. Hardly anything else. Could well become above average though right now api is better.

If we sign levi or re sign lichaa or another fucking flop it just shows our management in recruitment is out of its depth.

I am first to jizz over Dwz. Dudes amazing for this year. Though I’m also not delusional. He came to us as nothing else stacked up for him.

Everyone else bar fringe first grade players have past on us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be honest he has nailed it.

Jmk is ok. He is showing some promise. Hardly anything else. Could well become above average though right now api is better.

If we sign levi or re sign lichaa or another fucking flop it just shows our management in recruitment is out of its depth.

I am first to jizz over Dwz. Dudes amazing for this year. Though I’m also not delusional. He came to us as nothing else stacked up for him.

Everyone else bar fringe first grade players have past on us.
We have to sign someone like Levi, Lichaa or "another fucking flop" because those are the only options left. When we missed out on Turpin I was worried, now that we've missed out on Koroisau I'm scared as fk.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
500k is still a risk but I get what you’re saying.
Yh it's more than I wanted is to spend on him...not that it matters now as he isn't coming. Apparently he agreed with Panthers days ago and and there was never really an agreement with us.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have to sign someone like Levi, Lichaa or "another fucking flop" because those are the only options left. When we missed out on Turpin I was worried, now that we've missed out on Koroisau I'm scared as fk.
Exactly the problem. If we sign some
Fucking flop we are locking up scrubs to ensure we stay 13-16th for years to come.

I have been positive lately and feeling we are moving forward, and while Raimen and api aren’t exactly making me feel we are competing for premierships. It made me feel we are working towards competing.

Right now I feel we are showing no ability to recruit and secure any MIDDLE tier player. Not even elite gamebreakers. Just a stock Fucking standard first grade player. This rings alarm bells to me as if we sign Levi,’lichaa, a busted Fucking Reynolds that’s past it or some other fucking scrub we might as well piss away another 3-4 years of not even making the top 12! Forget the top 8 or the Fucking actual premiership.

Disgusting.

I sure as shit hope our club shows me
Wrong and goes and gets some genuine stars and quality players. Right now we are delusional if we see it any other way.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trent Barrett can be revealed as the man who helped Penrith snare the shock signature of Api Koroisau.

In a market move that nobody saw coming, Koroisau on Friday knocked back at least three suitors to sign a three-year deal with the Panthers.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Panthers started negotiating with Koroisau immediately after former Sea Eagles coach Barrett was announced as one of Ivan Cleary’s assistants for next year.

Appointed to the role two weeks ago, Barrett became a key figure in the negotiations that were kept top secret.

Barrett remained close with Koroisau after helping the hooker become one of the NRL’s most dynamic playmakers during his time as Manly coach.

It is understood the Bulldogs – one of the three clubs that showed interest in the unwanted Manly hooker - gave up on landing Koroisau following Barrett’s appointment.

Despite reports suggesting the Bulldogs were about to announce signing the Manly No.9, the news of the Penrith coup came as no shock to Bulldogs officials.

The club gave Koroisau’s management a deadline after learning Barrett had joined the Panthers and would be instrumental in their bid to land the Fijian international.

The deadline had passed before Friday’s signing announcement.

The Bulldogs have also ruled out signing Knights hooker Danny Levi.

Levi has been reported to be the Bulldogs back-up plan for Koroisau – but the club has expressed no interest in the Newcastle rake.

The Bulldogs are content to give Jeremy Marshall-King another season at No.9 following a strong season finish.

Jack Cogger could also be in the hunt to become the club’s long term hooker.

A Bulldogs official said the club would not sign a hooker unless another top-flight No.9 became available.

Koroisau also knocked back interest from the Tigers and Warriors to sign the Penrith deal worth an estimated $1.5m over three years.

Koroisau will be released from the final two years of his Manly deal with the club expected to pay part of his Penrith salary after telling the No.9 to find a new home.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...u/news-story/34bbbe7da916a57707cde2aa19978fb0

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Levi has been reported to be the Bulldogs back-up plan for Koroisau – but the club has expressed no interest in the Newcastle rake.
Thank god for that

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So he's not going there for Ivan Cleary ahahahah what an idiot

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to turn Cogger into a hooker is such a Des move.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd sign luke or seggy for 1 year and then see who's available after fuckn do it

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he went specifically for Trent Barrett, then there was nothing the club could do.

Also, glad to hear that they’re not interested in Levi.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fine with JMK honestly for time, see how far more he advances in another year.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent Barrett can be revealed as the man who helped Penrith snare the shock signature of Api Koroisau.

In a market move that nobody saw coming, Koroisau on Friday knocked back at least three suitors to sign a three-year deal with the Panthers.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Panthers started negotiating with Koroisau immediately after former Sea Eagles coach Barrett was announced as one of Ivan Cleary’s assistants for next year.

Appointed to the role two weeks ago, Barrett became a key figure in the negotiations that were kept top secret.

Barrett remained close with Koroisau after helping the hooker become one of the NRL’s most dynamic playmakers during his time as Manly coach.

It is understood the Bulldogs – one of the three clubs that showed interest in the unwanted Manly hooker - gave up on landing Koroisau following Barrett’s appointment.

Despite reports suggesting the Bulldogs were about to announce signing the Manly No.9, the news of the Penrith coup came as no shock to Bulldogs officials.

The club gave Koroisau’s management a deadline after learning Barrett had joined the Panthers and would be instrumental in their bid to land the Fijian international.

The deadline had passed before Friday’s signing announcement.

The Bulldogs are content to give Jeremy Marshall-King another season at No.9 following a strong season finish.

Jack Cogger could also be in the hunt to become the club’s long term hooker.

A Bulldogs official said the club would not sign a hooker unless another top-flight No.9 became available.

Koroisau also knocked back interest from the Tigers and Warriors to sign the Penrith deal worth an estimated $1.5m over three years.

Koroisau will be released from the final two years of his Manly deal with the club expected to pay part of his Penrith salary after telling the No.9 to find a new home.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...u/news-story/34bbbe7da916a57707cde2aa19978fb0
Good news. JMK and Cogger good enough for me.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not really concerned about this. I think JMK has been getting better each game....he just needs to run a bit more so that he puts the defence in two minds more often.
Something will come along whether it be due to salary cap pressure or a disgruntled player wanting out.
Korosaiau will see what kind of mistake he made cause Panthers have more issues (I'm not saying we don't but we are on the up and they're on the way down). Maloney and RCG are on their way out and read in an article that Cleary is not happy with Mansour and his lack of tries and is considering a switch to 2nd row to get his monies worth as he's on mega bucks.
Also, Sione Katoa has been told to look elsewhere....obviously, needed money for Api.

Last edited: