The three amigos

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These endless discussions about who we should sign and what we should pay for them are fairly annoying now. The club is doing what they can to bring in the squad we need. We should just pretend that we've got nothing to do with the process and act like we aren't in the inner circle. I always see people get worked up about things that are pointless to talk about.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You asked 'where was Slater'. Slater was playing for the Storm like he has his whole career, not sure how you follow league and do not know this. GI trumped him that year for dally m fullback (pretty sure i have posted this 3 times in the last 30 minutes, hopefully it computers this time).

No I don't agree with you because GI and RTS have proven your theory wrong quite clearly.
I said GI wasn't playing Fullback at the Storm because Slater was there LOL. Rabbitohs bought GI before he was an established Fullback.

You don't believe that clubs buy Centres/Wingers and play them Fullback because it isn't feasible to play them Centre/Wing. If that's what you believe (even tho you've contradicted yourself and said they do/have) then good for you.

Last edited:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I said GI wasn't playing Fullback at the Storm because Slater was there LOL. Rabbitohs bought GI before he was an established Fullback.

You don't believe that clubs buy Centres/Wingers and play them Fullback because it isn't feasible to play them Centre/Wing. If that's what you believe (even tho you've contradicted yourself and said they do/have) then good for you.
Why would you buy Player X for 1mill a season to play centre. And then think, hang on lets play him at fullback because he costs too much to be a centre.

If at all, it would work the opposite way. That is, if Player X was bought to play fullback for $1mill and turned out to be shite and only really a centre, then you would have to persist with him at fullback to make his price, as you say 'feasbile' lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're crazy if you think Latrell would sign for us for his actual value (700k). We have to over pay. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
Crazy to think anyone will sign for us at this stage lol. At least we have Jmk .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would you buy Player X for 1mill a season to play centre. And then think, hang on lets play him at fullback because he costs too much to be a centre.

If at all, it would work the opposite way. That is, if Player X was bought to play fullback for $1mill and turned out to be shite and only really a centre, then you would have to persist with him at fullback to make his price, as you say 'feasbile' lol.
That's what I mean, it's a gamble whether it works out, Latrell and Manu are in that bracket. If it doesn't work out you're paying Latrell 1m to play Centre anyways. It's just a lot of clubs don't buy a 1m Centre, they'd buy them to play Fullback. Eels bought Jennings to play Centre for 800k tho. I just gave e.g's of clubs that bought players to play out of position (Yes, they have Fullback traits, it's irreverent) because it isn't feasible to pay a Centre or Winger 1m, doesn't mean we wouldn't do it tho. No Centre in the game is worth 1m, Latrell is worth 700k, if you want him you have to overpay, 900k-1m, that's all there is to it, regardless where you play him.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manu is a gun and I’d love to have him at the club. Another player I think we should be looking to make a play at is Ryan Papenhuyzen. This kid is an absolute freak and is pretty much a Tedesco clone. If we could nab someone like him I think DWZ should make the switch to centre.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manu is a gun and I’d love to have him at the club. Another player I think we should be looking to make a play at is Ryan Papenhuyzen. This kid is an absolute freak and is pretty much a Tedesco clone. If we could nab someone like him I think DWZ should make the switch to centre.
Switch to Wing would be the best. There are only 3 premium Wingers off contract; Oates, Cotric and Vunivalu. I think it'd be easier to recruit a Centre. I really don't want to run Meaney or Okunbor on the Wing (for the 2021 season and beyond), but we might have to depending on where the club goes.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I think we need to think out of the box a little regarding recruitment.

I think it was Gould that delved into the Raiders success.

It was something about going into the New Zealand talent during the 1990's and how they are doing the same with England right now.

Anybody in England that is worth taking a look at?
Hit the Fiji beaches there’d be some sick ***** running around over there

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Api, Ramien and Ese Ese.

According to all reports, bullshit and true, these 3 would of taken up a total of about 1.2m-1.4m of our cap.

Ese ese we definitely dont need.

Ramien would of been OK

Api does not faze me

Opinions aside, with that sort of money we could and should target a class centre and a hooker/utility currently on contract with another club, and try and force their hands

Would you throw around 700k-800k for a Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell and 600k-700k for a Cameron McInnes, Brandon Smith and hopefully 1 or 2 stick?
Fuck it.

If we have 1.4m available throw all of it on Munster.

That would be an extra 400k a year on top of what he is getting at the Storm

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A competent centre and a good hooker is all I ask for.