Opinion Strike Rate - Api, Ese Ese, Ramien

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t believe we missed out an api .. no one wants to come here. I started getting confident when it was announced and now my opinion has Changed again.. what a fucking joke we are !!!

Maybe wasn’t a great signing but makes ya wonder who will want to come over.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does API not know we won 4 games in a rowwwww! We’ve over achieved this season! He is out of his Mind not signing with us. Dean gay taking us to the top.
How is this **** not banned?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is this **** not banned?
I think the kennel is like the bunker and match review committee, they just flip a coin to decide who gets banned

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh dear. Looks like it coud be similar to Dean Pay's winning percentage....(if we are lucky and get a frontrower we don't really need)
Or, we sign Ramien the noodle when everyone thought he had signed elsewhere, just like DWZ.
Personally I dont really care if we sign none of them. If we are allowed to officially make offers to other players after Nov 1, and we can entice a better player to the club, then great. If not, it's up to our youngsters like hetherington, wakeham and seumanatafa to step up!!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Can’t believe we missed out an api .. no one wants to come here. I started getting confident when it was announced and now my opinion has Changed again.. what a fucking joke we are !!!

Maybe wasn’t a great signing but makes ya wonder who will want to come over.
Happens to alot of clubs, don't think it necessarily means the Dogs f'ed the deal up. Could very well be the opposite and we pulled the plug last minute.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh dear. Looks like it coud be similar to Dean Pay's winning percentage....(if we are lucky and get a frontrower we don't really need)
Why the holier than thou comments from the regular apologists?

Where is this post pointing anything other than we haven't landed our targets?

It's factual in every sense. Just proves you fantisizers will defend Pay no matter the particular issue anyone brings up...closed minds that don't adhere to the Club First ethos of the Bulldogs.

Perhaps the club will readjust the players they are seeking, but the strike rate not good at this stage of those players we have been led to believe by coach Pay. Fact.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the difference in cash for Ese'ese was a matter of 50,000. I say that we should find a way to get him into the team as we really need to lock down our middle defence.
We need centres not forwards,also we have hade the worst attack and defence in the league 2 years running,our bench rotation is abysmal,

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Api had agreed to come then backed out after getting a bigger offer, I think says more about him than the club.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Api had agreed to come then backed out after getting a bigger offer, I think says more about him than the club.
positive is we are making other clubs pay overs and thus we can land players like dwz at bargain prices

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Newcastle has the same problem they couldn’t even spend their cap because no one want to go there..... we’re the same, just cos we have money doesn’t mean we can get people to come here

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of you dribblers thinking players didn’t come because of Pay are fucking ridiculous.

This club is on the up...any player out there and I don’t care how good, if they don’t want to play for our club they can fuck off...we don’t want or need them.

This club will be top 8 from next year...I have no doubt

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was my point some 4 month ago. Our CEO wanted to trumpet the fact that the Dogs will have a war chest to spend on players. I believe he even commented that 2021 will see us with a war chest of $8m and 24 spots to fill. My point then and now is twofold. First, just because you have a war chest doesnt mean there will be the right appropriate players available for us to buy. Secondly we will not be the only Club chasing the elite players. If we say we need TO BUY 3 or 4 elite players to compete against the likes of Storm or Roosters then its impossible to fit this many elite players under the cap at their market value. Accordingly, its most likely that we cant compete against the best teams until we develop our own. In reality our spine that played last night plus Cogger and Wakeham developing over the next year would be good enough for a top 8 finish if our current form continues into next year. I applaud our CEO and Board for not getting into a bidding war for Api K. Hes good but you can hardly rate him as elite. If he was, Manly would not be releasing him and willing to pay some of his contract fee the next couple of years - no matter their cap position.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You avoid my main question, why didn't he assess and adapt DURING the game? I'm not talking about before the game.

Even some of us "armchair coaches" could see and had ideas what was happening with about 25 to go and still he fucked it up. Any fresh legs would of won it for us, especially with a fresh half who at least would of been another chance to take a FG.
Agree cogger should be our half back....second fukin win a premiership with Lewis as our half...Coffee was going really while Lewis was out injured and Pay fukin dumps him.....why? So Lewis can improve our defence....his attack passing and kicking is reserve grade standard and he has no running game....everyone can see this but not pay....

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle has the same problem they couldn’t even spend their cap because no one want to go there..... we’re the same, just cos we have money doesn’t mean we can get people to come here
Years ago Ricky Stuart was whinging any crying that no one wanted to sign with Canberra, they’re doing just fine now lol what changed

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Years ago Ricky Stuart was whinging any crying that no one wanted to sign with Canberra, they’re doing just fine now lol what changed
I think it’s only a few fans here crying. The club have actually been making signings but I think people forget that once we miss out on an average journeyman hooker

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So once he "assessed" the situation he can't assess the current game in hand? Where was the assessment last night?

I'm not arrogant or want to start a fight but FMD I really don't know how anyone can claim they know football but yet defend pay over last night's loss.

He can't assess and adapt. Can't develop a game plan let alone a back up plan and clearly still has no idea how to use a bench.

PS winning ugly is another way of saying we make it harder for ourselves to win, which means our players pay a higher toll to scrape a win. I don't want to win 30+ every game.

PPS I'm not pro or anti pay, I call a spade a spade. If, and that's a big IF, he can fix his obvious flaws then I don't care if he stays. I just want a coach who has the best interest for OUR club.

He has had 2 years now, if and when we miss out on finals again next year, he should be shown the door and replaced by a Real coach.
Your not anti Pay but you want a real coach. Give yourself an uppercut. We should of won last nights game - keeping our season alive...at least until tonights games...the video ref has 2 clear wrong calls costing us the game. Pays non use of Cogger was the call at the point in time. Yes most of us wanted to see Cogger as an x factor at the back end of last nights game. Its easy being an armchair coach. We were robbed by the ineptitude of the NRL bunker who overturned 2 tries that would of won us the game based on the onfield live calls of the ref standing 2 feet away from the action and able to see the action in 3D - not the 2D that the video ref must work with. Pure and simple the Bulldogs were the better team last night and should of won the game.

Nevertheless, Pay has developed a style of play that truly suits us. We can also see the shackles coming off our attacking structures....next year with another pre season under their belt our attack will look better. The players had to UNLEARN the Hasler style first, and with roster turnover most players there next year wont be Hasler coached. So Pay has every chance next year to show us his wares. 3 years into his tenure....Im excited and so is the Board and MOST fans excited about what we are seeing from our Club now under the leadership of Dean Pay.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the difference in cash for Ese'ese was a matter of 50,000. I say that we should find a way to get him into the team as we really need to lock down our middle defence.
$50k is $100k too much for Herman. Herman wants more than $380k minimum 3year deal-OVERS!
We have better middle forwards already on our roster without his asking price-
I can’t understand the panic? There will be plenty of quality players on the market come Nov 1.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree cogger should be our half back....second fukin win a premiership with Lewis as our half...Coffee was going really while Lewis was out injured and Pay fukin dumps him.....why? So Lewis can improve our defence....his attack passing and kicking is reserve grade standard and he has no running game....everyone can see this but not pay....
Even if Cogger isn't full time halfback, at least he should of played him the 2nd half or at least the last 20.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough. I still have faith in Pay because of 3 reasons:
1. Individual improvement - under Pay, DWZ, Cogger, JMK, To'omanga, RFM, Meaney, CHN have had massive improvements.
2. Team improvement - the team is improving
3. Recruitment plan - clever, calculated, strategic. Hasler never had a strategy.

As for Cogger, I do believe that as I said before that I believe Pay's plan is defense orientated. I don't think Cogger would have pulled off those try saving tackles on Nathan Cleary, James Roberts, Shane Wright.

Anyways..
Lol DWZ didn’t improve under pay he came ready to go if anything he went backwards last night because he was played when he shouldn’t have been