The three amigos

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would seem that no-one on this continent wants to sign with us so we need to go offshore to look! Fuk aussie players!
Brother, we should raid Fiji. Big and fast and most play with heart.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah and how did Bmoz work out for us?

Cheers Brad
Anyways mate, you have 2 options, overpay on marquee players or overpay on rejects (maybe get lucky and get a few for value). Unless you don't want NRL standard/ready players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many games. Mate he won dally m fullback of the year the year before, you have no clue
So where was Slater? I've been talking about GI, not sure about you. RTS was either Centre or Winger can't rem. He might of had 1 season Fullback. It was never really my point tho. I'm just saying clubs buy Centre's/Wingers and play them Fullback because the price tag isn't feasible to play them Centre/Wing. If you think you can buy players (especially marquee players) for their actual value (in our current situation) how can you come to me and say I have no clue???

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your gun Half options are Townsend and Croft, which 1 do you want?
Don't want either, but that's hardly an issue considering how many players leave before there contract is up these days. There's also potential boom rookie that could pop up, lots of things could happen. Spending a mill on a centre like Latrell is just crazy.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
So where was Slater? I've been talking about GI, not sure about you. RTS was either Centre or Winger can't rem. He might of had 1 season Fullback. It was never really my point tho. I'm just saying clubs buy Centre's/Wingers and play them Fullback because the price tag isn't feasible to play them Centre/Wing. If you think you can buy players (especially marquee players) for their actual value (in our current situation) how can you come to me and say I have no clue???
Not the best that year, tells you something doesn't it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't want either, but that's hardly an issue considering how many players leave before there contract is up these days. There's also potential boom rookie that could pop up, lots of things could happen. Spending a mill on a centre like Latrell is just crazy.
Yeah and we have until 2020 to see what's available, as soon as November hits our recruitment starts.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant, you claim that clubs buy marquee players that aren't fullbacks and play them at fullback just to justify their price tag. Yet here you have GI who made the transition and beat out one of the best fullbacks ever to claim Dally M FB of the year in 2013. And then you have someone like RTS who also makes the transition and wins the award reserved for the best player in the game there.

Clubs pay the money because they see the potential and know that the player can likely make the transition. League is a simple game, Latrell and Manu have the raw skills to be #1 weapons at fullback in any team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is it irrelevant, you claim that clubs buy marquee players that aren't fullbacks and play them at fullback just to justify their price tag. Yet here you have GI who made the transition and beat out one of the best fullbacks ever to claim Dally M FB of the year in 2013. And then you have someone like RTS who also makes tje transition and wins the award reserved for the best player in the game there.

Clubs pay the money because they see the potential and know that the player can likely make the transition. League is a simple game, Latrell and Manu have the raw skills to be #1 weapons at fullback in any team.
It doesn't matter if they succeed. You're not reading what I'm typing and moving the goal posts.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I'm just saying clubs buy Centre's/Wingers and play them Fullback because the price tag isn't feasible to play them Centre/Wing.
This is literally your post, how have I moved the goal posts.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is literally your post, how have I moved the goal posts.
Yes?

"Not the best that year, tells you something doesn't it."

Why are you even saying this?

Do you agree or disagree with my quote, yes or no?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do realise who won the g in 2014 yeah? I sure as fuck cant forget it. As much as I want to. And I'm pretty certain Slater never played for the rabbitohs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You do realise who won the g in 2014 yeah? I sure as fuck cant forget it. As much as I want to. And I'm pretty certain Slater never played for the rabbitohs.
I'm talking about pre Rabbitohs. I don't know about the other guy. The Rabbitohs bought GI before he was a Fullback, he was a Centre (played some Five-Eighth).

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Yes?

"Not the best that year, tells you something doesn't it."

Why are you even saying this?

Do you agree or disagree with my quote, yes or no?
You asked 'where was Slater'. Slater was playing for the Storm like he has his whole career, not sure how you follow league and do not know this. GI trumped him that year for dally m fullback (pretty sure i have posted this 3 times in the last 30 minutes, hopefully it computes this time).

No I don't agree with you because GI and RTS have proven your theory wrong quite clearly.