The three amigos

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Api, Ramien and Ese Ese.

According to all reports, bullshit and true, these 3 would of taken up a total of about 1.2m-1.4m of our cap.

Ese ese we definitely dont need.

Ramien would of been OK

Api does not faze me

Opinions aside, with that sort of money we could and should target a class centre and a hooker/utility currently on contract with another club, and try and force their hands

Would you throw around 700k-800k for a Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell and 600k-700k for a Cameron McInnes, Brandon Smith and hopefully 1 or 2 stick?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely, but that chances of signing anyone you mentioned is slim to none. We can't seem to attract established talent in key positions (dwz aside)

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. those values are a steal especially on Latrell and Brandon Smith.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely, but that chances of signing anyone you mentioned is slim to none. We can't seem to attract established talent in key positions (dwz aside)
DWZ isn't established at fullback either lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you throw around 700k-800k for a Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell and 600k-700k for a Cameron McInnes, Brandon Smith and hopefully 1 or 2 stick?
Of course these are the players we would chase if we could but it's not like they are on the market at the minute. You can only buy what's available or what a club wants to release.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. those values are a steal especially on Latrell and Brandon Smith.
I just threw those figures around as i do not believe for example, that the Roosters can pay that much for the both of Manu and Mitchell with the current squad they have, and the same would be for Brandon Smith and the Storm squad

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we need to think out of the box a little regarding recruitment.

I think it was Gould that delved into the Raiders success.

It was something about going into the New Zealand talent during the 1990's and how they are doing the same with England right now.

Anybody in England that is worth taking a look at?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need to think out of the box a little regarding recruitment.

I think it was Gould that delved into the Raiders success.

It was something about going into the New Zealand talent during the 1990's and how they are doing the same with England right now.

Anybody in England that is worth taking a look at?
Raiders didn’t have a lot of kiwis in their team when they went back to back

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd throw 900k-1m for Latrell and 500-700k for Oates. Arrow and D. Fifita worth looking at, they're both 800k-1m. Grab 2 of these guys and just fill the rest of the squad with rejects from other clubs (DWZ was a reject). Oates is the only singing out of these 4 we could make for 2020.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're crazy if you think Latrell would sign for us for his actual value (700k). We have to over pay. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're crazy if you think Latrell would sign for us for his actual value (700k). We have to over pay. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
Because nobody wants to spend a fucking mill on Latrell. Huge difference between playing on the end of the Roosters backline and ours, not to mention his mentality and low workrate. Not worth a million at all, especially at our club.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're nuts if you think those forwards are worth $1m and the same goes for Latrell who is a centre.

Your million dollar players are your spine players - T Turbo, Tedesco, RTS, Cronk etc

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think they're worth 1m... that's how much you'd have to pay to get them...
Tom Trbo would cost 1.3m (at least), the rest aren't available so not even going to bother talking about them.
Also if we don't buy marquee players (over paying) then we're going to have to keep picking up rejects (Koroisau didn't even want to join us btw...)

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they're worth 1m... that's how much you'd have to pay to get them...
Tom Trbo would cost 1.3m (at least), the rest aren't available so not even going to bother talking about them.
Says who?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
You're nuts if you think those forwards are worth $1m and the same goes for Latrell who is a centre.

Your million dollar players are your spine players - T Turbo, Tedesco, RTS, Cronk etc
Latrell could probably switch straight to fullback and be one of the top 5 in the game. He has DWZ versatility. In saying that i'm more interested in Manu, less hollywood lights about him and would come at around 750k

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score