Opinion Jmk ain't better

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD... Who gives a fuck? We've missed out on API nothing can be done about it now.

Let's open more threads about the same non fucking subject
I love how someone posted a pic of Api in a Dogs Jersey yesterday....gold! lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK went short to Tolman on the line instead of spreading out to the right, where we had a two man overlap.. That was just one of the many poor reads last night.. Usually he has been better than that...
I blame the halves. Good halves command the ball. I think Foran went missing at times. There was a set of six on their line where Foran never touched the ball once and turned out to be a sloppy set. Probably the set you are talking about.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jmk has improved alot however his pass selection on the line last night was shithouse

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Jmk is 23 had only played hooker mainly this year API is 26 played most his career in the 9 so jmk can only get better api will be injured by round 3

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People who believe JMK is the future have their head in the sand. That or they like being at the lower end of the ladder these days
Watch a game of footy please. He is not the problem and yes Api is an upgrade but at what cost?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmk isn’t the best. Nor is he too bad, Nice 4/20 he got. and he’s all we have and will be better for it next year, I’m not going to complain right now, can’t do a lot about it... I wish Jmk the best of luck next year as he is going to need it..!!

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JMK has improved and I believe he will continue to improve but I can’t say that he will be a superstar No.9. Given the limited options available as a 2nd No.9, I would think a 1 year option with maybe a 2nd year (club option) is best. Options look like: Isaac Luke, Danny Levi, Ben Hampton has played a little No.9 and offers utility value, Billy Brittain is off contract although I haven’t seen much of him, Matt Parcell at Leeds is off contract,

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm content with JMK in the #9 next year.

He'll get even better with more experience, confidence and better players around him to feed off.

In the past 2 games he's gone the full 80 mins, made 105 tackles, and hasn't missed one.

Would love to see him run the ball a little more, and utilise his long kicking game more often.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Api reneged cause he saw how well jmk is playing.
Sure as shit Api cannot kick 40/20s now can he.
Lazy player who feels he will have no competition at Penrith for the hooking role which will breed complacency.
Dodged a major bullet
The amount of people saying jmk is better after missing out on Api Is funny
Jmk is still learning to be a hooker, he's not a natural one and is not effective enough but has improved, but we need a natural hooker to come in and rotate and Api wouldve been perfect
There's no way we can go into next season with just jmk lol it's gonna be bad

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is average at best and only in first grade because of his brother. We need a short term solution. Issac Luke would be a great option if rotating with JMK

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't get all the hate for jmk. I think he's pretty solid and still learning. First full year as a hooker. Has speed to burn. Probably done last off season as a utility so full off season as a hooker and he will improve dramatically.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm putting this down as another pay failure.

Jmk has improved greatly this season in hooker. While he may not eventually be a world beater, he may have the possibility to be a solid 1st grade hooker after another season's experience in that position.

So where I think pay completely failed was when he persisted with jmk in the halves last season. After 2 games in the halves it was painstakingly obvious that jmk is not a half. Thereby wasting more of his first grade experience in a position he's not suited to

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK's a stop gap solution but he's doing well for now. He's a determined little bugger who wants to succeed.

Happy for persevere with him at hooker and get some proper mentoring until we can afford someone better that actually wants to play for our club.

We've been knocked back by Api, Robson and Brailey from memory so it's not like we aren't aware that position needs filling. Us not showing interest in Levi tells us what we already know, he's not much better than an improving JMK as an investment.

I think it's smart by the club to show patience here and I'm glad we don't want to pay overs for average type players. I'm sure the right player will come up on the radar.

Last edited:

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree with leaving JMK in the hooker spot. He will only improve..I think it’s important that he works on it in the pre season.

He just needs to read the game a bit better like a lot of good hookers do and really sit down and do his homework on his forwards in regards to their strengths and weaknesses especially in attack.

Especially picking out the right forwards who has an ability to cross the line when attacking the opposition try line. A lot of times this year there has been a lot of dead plays in this area, everything is timing.

Last edited: