SOS for a centre!

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish.

The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good options on the wing but they will be wasted with no ball from non creative centres.

Whilst on recruitment still have an issue in the halves. Lots of clubs do, not sure what options out there but in my opinion we need at least one maybe two centres, a half and a hooker.

Then we can dream of semi finals.

Imagine that. We have dropped so low that we can now only dream of semi finals.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
SOS for more than just centres

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one wants to come here we are being used by these players it's a joke

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why though our halves could barely get our centers the ball last night, especially Lewis

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Focus our game around Wakeham. At this stage he is the only one that looks as though he can function and be dangerous as our half. Partner with Foz when he is available and next cab off the rank Cogger. Lewis to centre, lock in CCup till he earns a spot in FG in either position. Meaney to learn winger play there too.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We have the best centres in the comp Holland and hoppa

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to fix the spine First.. Halfback & Hooker..

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finchie! Any chance we Talk to Ramien again after The Api fall out?We have $ spare..

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish.

The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good options on the wing but they will be wasted with no ball from non creative centres.

Whilst on recruitment still have an issue in the halves. Lots of clubs do, not sure what options out there but in my opinion we need at least one maybe two centres, a half and a hooker.

Then we can dream of semi finals.

Imagine that. We have dropped so low that we can now only dream of semi finals.
How many tackles did Holland miss/ineffective last night? He was pretty difficult to watch.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No thanks. Struggle with what we have for 1 more year so we can fit Latrell in for 2021. I don't care if it costs 1m.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one wants to come here we are being used by these players it's a joke
Greenberg was the best at bringing players in. And to be honest ray dib wasn’t too bad as well. Whoever is now in charge of recruitment has no idea How to lure players to the club. There is no doubt we have been active in the market, the clubs name has been linked to players so often. But, we have only been able to lure DwZ. I really do hope they make a decision and sign either Latrell or turbo or whoever because I was keen on api

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenberg was the best at bringing players in. And to be honest ray dib wasn’t too bad as well. Whoever is now in charge of recruitment has no idea How to lure players to the club. There is no doubt we have been active in the market, the clubs name has been linked to players so often. But, we have only been able to lure DwZ. I really do hope they make a decision and sign either Latrell or turbo or whoever because I was keen on api
it felt like the old regime would try and bring players in at any cost. now it seems as tho player will only be here for the right price. much more comfortable with that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
On talent alone we're a bottom 4 side (we're better then that tho due to other factors; effort for e.g.). It isn't that easy to get players to come unless you over pay or they're rejects (salary cap, attitude, etc). We need to pick up a few more rejects and then add 2 marquee players for 2021 (which we have to overpay on).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to fix the spine First.. Halfback & Hooker..
Mate I think we're OK there. We have Tolman in at first receiver and when he's not he is two or three out eating up metres. He can play anywhere lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trying to make the best out of a shit situation sadly.
Yes mores the pity :(

Do you think Cogger could be a successful dummy half and shore up the middle tho....another half trying to learn hooker play..that'd be 2.

Worth a try if no one else comes up I guess...better than sitting on the bench getting splinters :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad times still ahead lol. 2020 looked great until last nights fail an api back flip.. oh boy!!!!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Yes mores the pity :(

Do you think Cogger could be a successful dummy half and shore up the middle tho....another half trying to learn hooker play..that'd be 2.

Worth a try if no one else comes up I guess...better than sitting on the bench getting splinters :grinning:
The poor bloke is still try to learn how to be an NRL level half, now you guys want to throw him into the hooker role. Look not saying he can't be solid there eventually, but he has shown massive promise in the halves, and trying to teach him the intricacies of the hooking role will take a couple of years that we don't have