Irresponsible and negligent management from Pay

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because foran was playing out of his skin and Lewis was keeping up. No need so it was acceptable.

But If Pay was watching the sweat dripping of forans head from almost the start of the game and the obvious signs of fatigue / pain he was feeling through his panting (particularly at the 30 minute mark).. . he should of interchanged him with Cogger
I get what you are saying but how many times do you see a coach hook the main half in a game?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
U have no idea do u ?
As I said earlier it’s clearly a joke. Everyone knows Des signed him but Pay seems to get the blame for everything else. We are starting to sound like dragons supporters

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason Bulldogs started to win games in recent weeks is because the players have been put on notice, perform or you won't be here beyond 2020 that's from the Anderson's. This has nothing to do with Dean Pay, as I said before he ain't a FG coach.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What would have helped last night is Pay selecting a back up half on the bench that could have come on and sparked the attack and kick a field goal even...

Oh wait, we did have one for last 3 games and never used him.... PAY, you're such an awesome coach, hope you sign for 10yrs. My hero...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The reason Bulldogs started to win games in recent weeks is because the players have been put on notice, perform or you won't be here beyond 2020 that's from the Anderson's. This has nothing to do with Dean Pay, as I said before he ain't a FG coach.
Ok great so we are back to pumping up the Anderson’s tyres this week. Let’s see how that lasts before we miss out on a signing and they get blamed for the sky falling down again

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol everyone commenting on the 'heat" I live north of townsville and last night was mid teens with no humidity and no dew.This Team has not been fit since the start of the year,and foran is just cooked, unfortunately we did not have a replacement half sitting on the bench.........................................oh wait

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol everyone commenting on the 'heat" I live north of townsville and last night was mid teens with no humidity and no dew.This Team has not been fit since the start of the year,and foran is just cooked, unfortunately we did not have a replacement half sitting on the bench.........................................oh wait
The cowboys live and train there but were totally gassed also...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Pay has been very good. But he seems to persist with certain players because of their reputation.
I would have liked to see Foran on the bench and Cogger to run on. Foran would be more effective against tired players.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How was DWZ allowed to play?

Was clearly busted from last week. He was never fit. He was a complete non factor that game.

Every time he got up to play the ball he looked like a 95 year old man getting out of bed.

Why put him through that? He clearly wasnt up to it.

Meaney should have been at FB and would have been very very dangerous aound the middle.

That shits me no end. Clueless.
I think your being way too critical. I'm sure that you will find that in almost every case where a doctor has cleared a player of serious injury, the coach would give the player the final decision to play. Given DWZ has expressed on a number of occasions his belief in the team, and how he liked their chances of making the 8, he would have insisted on playing.
But sure, like everyone else, let's just ignore the reality and embrace our bipolar once again, by hating on Pay. That will make everything better. Or should we blame Okunbor? Maybe Lewis? Maybe the bunker? Or why not just blame god.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol did you watch the game?? We where camped in their 20 for most of the first half ffs
Yes I did. Both teams were exhausted as the commentators said numerous times but I guess former internationals know less than you

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cowboys live and train there but were totally gassed also...
Yes that's true and even more the reason why he should've bought Cogger on. Foran was gassed in the first half. The cows had no interchanges left for final 20 mins so fresh legs in the last 10 mins could've been the difference. Pay's lack of experience not coaching to the conditions and what was happening on the field showed. But I'm not bagging him as he has us heading in the right direction.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think your being way too critical. I'm sure that you will find that in almost every case where a doctor has cleared a player of serious injury, the coach would give the player the final decision to play. Given DWZ has expressed on a number of occasions his belief in the team, and how he liked their chances of making the 8, he would have insisted on playing.
But sure, like everyone else, let's just ignore the reality and embrace our bipolar once again, by hating on Pay. That will make everything better. Or should we blame Okunbor? Maybe Lewis? Maybe the bunker? Or why not just blame god.
Or we can sit in a circle, hold hands and sing "kumbaya my lord" and " yay bulldogs" and pray for Dean Pay...

At least im consistant with my hate, such a negative nancy i am for wanting to win last night... lol

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With us struggling to score points.. surely it was time to put on Cogger during the 2nd half..
We have been struggling to score points all year.

We have probably averaged 2 tries per game this season.

Cogger aint no supersub or some sort of impact player off the bench.

I do however question the point of having him on the bench if he doesnt intend on playing him, unless the 6, 7 or 9 goes down.

Cowboys played the last 20 min with no interchanges left. We blew it when Meaney was having a nap when Feldt went in, and it also didnt help that Foran went totally MIA in the second half

There has been some good positives over the last 2 months with our defence improving, but our attack is still stale and predictable.

The matter of the fact is that our backline only consists of 1 strike player in DWZ and our 6 & 7 are poor in attack, due to one player having no attacking skills whatsoever while the other tries hard and when he cops a thumping in a tackle he goes MIA because he is crippled.

The footy we are playing is pretty much Desball. Simple, high completion rate, dumb and boring footy.

You can also see when the ball moves to the left or right edge, everytime Holland and Hoppa get the ball and swing it out to the wingers, the passes are floaters and are borderline on forward. They just havent got it in attack.

Until we get a handful of strike players can our attacking structures change for the better

You also do realise we lost one of the best left edge backlines in the Morris brothers and replaced them with Montoya/Holland/Crichton/Okunbor and Meaney.

Its hard for some to look back and than look forward and see the big picture ahead. Since 2016 our spine has constantly changed year in year out. There is no mainstay players, continuity and belief that comes from it.

Why are the Storm & Roosters so far ahead? Work it out

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes thanks true and even more the reason why he should've bought Cogger on. Foran was gassed in the first half. The cows had no interchanges left for final 20 mins so fresh legs in the last 10 mins could've been the difference. Pay's lack of experience not coaching to the conditions and what was happening on the field showed. But I'm not bagging him as he has us heading in the right direction.
Yep I agree. Whilst watching the game I was surprised he didn’t use all of our interchanges but just wasn’t sure of the injury situation. Smith & RFM weren’t as effective after their respective HIA & knee injury. Maybe he wanted Foran’s experience and Lewis’s defence. Who knows but yeah was strange

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Or we can sit in a circle, hold hands and sing "kumbaya my lord" and " yay bulldogs" and pray for Dean Pay...

At least im consistant with my hate, such a negative nancy i am for wanting to win last night... lol
I agree and we are all angry. Most of us wanted to win with the exception of those calling for us to get flogged so Pay gets sacked. True bulldogs fans right there hey haha

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I did. Both teams were exhausted as the commentators said numerous times but I guess former internationals know less than you
Lol thanks for your input plant. I’m done with this this conversation

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And a minority who claim when we win it was all pay but when we lose, pay has nothing to do with it.

Pays lack of footy knowledge was the main reason we lost. He fucked up big time AND still had time to fix the obvious fuck up but chose not to do anything.
When we win its the players, when we lose its the players.

The good coaches are better man managers than "tactical" coaches. I'm not for or against Pay. The attitude of players on and off the field is a reflection on the coach.

There has been some people this year consistently crying and bitching to bring in Holbrook, Flanagan and so on. They have a conception that for example - Justin Holbrook would turn JMK into a Damien Cook, Lewis into a Cooper Cronk, Ogden into a Taumalolo and so forth.

Paul Gallen once said while in camp for the allstars game, Wayne Bennett who was coach was taking the piss out of Gallen on how shit the Sharks were and Gallen told him, "why dont you come and coach us supercoach?" Wayne Bennett reply to Gallen was, I'm a good coach, not a miracle worker