Opinion 2020 should be pushing for finals

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So, based on recent performances I think that going into next year we clearly need a few more welcome additions to the roster, like a Hooker, centre/wing to improve our attack.
API should be confirmed soon, so that will definitely help in a key position, but we also need a new centre probably the most.
With new additions I think we can challenge for finals, if we get our coaching right and start the season off well, but 2021 is the year we can go crazy

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what happens over the off season and how much we can improve our attack. The way we have won games isn’t sustainable for a whole season as you can keep putting the effort in but we are only a bounce of the ball or defensive error away from losing the game. Plus it puts the game in the refs hands where we need everything to go right.

If we can defend like we have and add some decent attacking structures then we can make the 8. Time will tell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think top 8 next season is optimistic. 2021 is the season for me where I'll be EXPECTING finals footy. I think we'll finish 10th-12th next season. It's obviously possible we can make finals, we weren't to far off this season I guess. Need to start well next year to give us any chance.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have little chance of finals without a dramatic improvement in attack..

We got the defence bit right, now need to improve the other part of the game..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Our attack was killed by tolman he needs to stay away from the attacking zone .

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I believe we can be contenders for that bottom 8 position next year, but not with any real confidence. Fingers crossed though.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
tolman should rename himself tolmanlolo to get more respect

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our spine is still a major worry, we still only really have one genuine ball player in Foran and he's out on his feet most the game. DWZ really needs to work on his ball playing while Api might give us something with short balls but is better known for his elusive running from dh and supporting through the middle.

But yh we defenitely need to focus on our attacking structures, plenty of things we can work on with what we have despite some of things we don't have. We have a lot of offloading potential in this side, so a little more awareness to this could go a long way. Last night RFM and To'omaga had opportunities to offload on multiple carries yet no one was in support, RFM eventually ended up forcing one out of desperation or frustration that lead to an error but it's still defenitely something we should persist with for next season.

We also need to work on transitioning from a quick play the ball, fuck me every time we got one we just hit it up once again, the entire team needs to react much better than this an move the ball where it needs to go. We also need to focus on utilising our edge forwards a lot more, CHN is completely wasted until Foran swings over and links up with him. And please stop wasting fucking tackles when we're on the oppositions line or if you're going to go short maybe hit a more powerful ball runner than bloody Tolman or Elliott.

There's defenitely things we can improve for next season that can give us a shot for the 8, it is defenitely an expectation I have of the side heading into next season.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Our attack looked good in the first 20 we made a few line breaks. We definitely need more strike from our wingers and centres. A wrecking ball forward wouldnt hurt either

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The positives for next season have been Improvements in JMK ( wow that 40/20 ) To’Omaga how about the footwork. Meaney to a lesser extent looks like a decent backup fullback. Cogger was starting to look good. Add a strike centre and we will go close to the 8.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i was anderson. Pay has to win at least 5 of his first 10 games or gone. Its up to pay to bring someone in that is another level in attacking structures like they have with the defence or get someone in that will.
Theres enough good players at this club to make the 8.
Team selections and game plans are still fucking wo full even though we got a couple of wins.
Imo we will begin next season the same way as the last 2 with pay in charge.