Lewis has nothing as a half

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If he didn't have the surname he does we would never of heard about this guy. Cogger is a far better 7.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It isn't obvious to some, so many on here are praising him and claiming he is doing well in attack. I even had someone say he is a very good passer of the ball... Like wtf?!!
Maybe it's the glorious name Lewis
But...I applaud his defence !

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, should've had all 3 halves on at once in the last 20.
It was for sure a game we lost ourselves and some help from disgraceful officiating. Cowboys were struggling for the whole game. They had nothing

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's good in defence but has a shit load of work to do in attack. The things you can't coach he is able to do. He needs a good mentor and Dean Pay ain't the answer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
cowboys were shot the last 20. Putting cogger on would off finished them off
What was Pay's thought process on that? With the oppressive humidity and no points with all the possession we had in their 20, can anyone see any downside to putting on one of your interchanges who you have specifically chosen?

It was a diabolical coaching decision in light of the game conditions. This is the primary reason why people have no confidence in Pay evolving into a FG coach. Shows no initiative and can't adjust his tactics.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Player selection has been our downfall this year. A very capable 30 but not the best team ever selected. They proved they are competitive.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Nah lets paint a mural of him at belmore and then put a cross over it after we realise he's a shithouse half. :p lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Pay arrived at the club he said Lewis was free to look elsewhere. Then he played a few good games and was signed up again. Pay should have gone with his original judgement.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know! Pay not only let Cogger down he let the fans down too.
I like Lewis...But he doesn't have it in him as a halfback !!!
We struggled to break their defence...But Pay still could not find a place for halfback Cogger in the team...It can't get worse !!!
Why have a player specially a halfback on the bench if you are not going to use ???
Pay failed...Team selection and Lack or spontaneous VISION
It'...The difference between an Average & a Great coach
A coach has to be brave in making the right decisions...Is Pay ?
Is he getting the right support from his assistants ???
Is he accepting the advice of his assistants ???

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone keeps forgetting we are trying to win a comp are we not? Nither Lewis or Cogger are going to win us a comp. Fuck them both off and go find a half that will.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to spend the off season with his uncle maybe learn a thing or two how to attack. Defense is outstanding but his attack against the cowboys he looked lost.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Cogger probably would've put that game to bed when we had the chance. Lewis put bombs up straight to there back 3 all night.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What was Pay's thought process on that? With the oppressive humidity and no points with all the possession we had in their 20, can anyone see any downside to putting on one of your interchanges who you have specifically chosen?

It was a diabolical coaching decision in light of the game conditions. This is the primary reason why people have no confidence in Pay evolving into a FG coach. Shows no initiative and can't adjust his tactics.
Player selection has been our downfall this year. A very capable 30 but not the best team ever selected. They proved they are competitive.
Pay's intentions would be the great success for our club...
But can the management truly say HE IS THE FUTURE

Last edited:

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These days most sides use there Lock as an extra prop.But put a few kg's on Lewis in the off season & play him like the Sharks do with Wade Graham as an extra ball playing option.Great in defence so maybe worth a shot.Travis Norton type of player.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Lewis...But he doesn't have it in him as a halfback !!!
We struggled to break their defence...But Pay still could not find a place for halfback Cogger in the team...It can't get worse !!!
Why have a player specially a halfback on the bench if you are not going to use ???
Pay failed...Team selection and Lack or spontaneous VISION
It'...The difference between an Average & a Great coach
A coach has to be brave in making the right decisions...Is Pay ?
Is he getting the right support from his assistants ???
Is he accepting the advice of his assistants ???
Ah it is true what you say about Pays assistants D-voice. Recently i was told by the same person about Pay not going anywhere that their are a panel of six who choose the team including Pay for each game. Many may not know this i have to admit i was one. So Pay is not the sole selector for a team. I also think during a game replacements are made by a coaching group not just pay. It makes sense that it should be the just the Coach. Last nights game showed some or all are responsible for not allowing Cogger on who may have saved our season or a least won us the game. The persistence in leaving jmk or lewis on for me was a big mistake.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Find it funny that so many think that Cogger instantly would have won us the game last night no questions asked. Didn't realise the games he played this year he was our MVP. How many games has he single handedly won us this year out of what 15 -16 or so?
Not saying Lewis is the Messiah but fk me some of you jump on Bandwagons quite easily.