Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over him now in the halves. Pity we didnt see cogger get a run tonight

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well, where do I start, If you cant see the skills and potential in Lewis then you should try following the netball. Plenty of girls there like you
What skills and potential are you talking about? A stupid Inside pass when you got nothing else ? Nothing kicks that don't give the winger a chance to contest the ball? He's the slowest half in the game.....no acceleration at all. Not one line break from a show and go. Asiasta the prop forward is more naturaly skillful than Lewis.....why don't you go follow netball coz your idea of skill and potential is shit..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well, where do I start, If you cant see the skills and potential in Lewis then you should try following the netball. Plenty of girls there like you
Where would you play him? I can't figure out a position for him. This year he isn't a halves arsehole tbh

PS you think we saw the best of him last year?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to like him, but he has no idea in attack. It's obvious he's a great defender but great dogs halves like Lamb and Mortimer can create and score points. Lewis seems content to play for a draw. Doesn't have a 'I wanna fuck'n win this' attitude.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Lewis has any attacking ability tell them they're dreaming.

He is nothing more than a defensive half. Now that can work if you've got cameron Smith at 9, billy Slater at 1 and cooper cronk partnering him. Other than that it's a busted combination. I'm sorry he isnt our answer with who we have in our spine.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Our attack is predictable. Every team knows 9 times out of 10 it will come from Foran.

Our fullback is a ball runner and cant create for others like turbo can, our hooker has no vision also. Now with Api coming thats going to help but with dwz not being able to create it's going to fall on Foran again. Cogger might not be the answer but from what everyone can see Lewis ain't either.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying he can learn to be more attacking....he is 23. If he hasnt learnt how to be an attacking halves player by now, he ain't ever gonna learn. It's something he should have worked on in his junior days.

Name me one defensive halves player who improved his attack out of sight while in the nrl

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither Cogger or Lewis are the answer let’s be honest.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He puts up a high bomb and can tackle.. thats all Ive seen...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What’s worse? Cogger’s defence or Lewis’s attack? It’s Lewis’s attack when you consider the position they are playing.
Ok, but if we’re going to play Cogger in Lewis’ place, we need to drop CHN. Because his defence is sus and Lewis is helping to hold his edge together.

I still think Lewis can improve.... he did some good things in attack last year.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok, but if we’re going to play Cogger in Lewis’ place, we need to drop CHN. Because his defence is dus and Lewis is helping to hold his edge together.

I still think Lewis can improve.... he did some good things in attack last year.
You leave CHN and he gets better, can be protected all the time. Defence can be taught and improved, attacking play and general awareness as a half... you either have it from a young age or you don't imo

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if 90% of us on here can see that lewis is a never was then hopefully sanity prevails and we dont see lewis back next year in any capacity, not on bench developing nothing

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure the last game Cogger played he set up two tries yet he rides the pine 3 games straight