Opinion Bunker

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
50/50 calls all went their way and made it a 12 point difference. If the video ref said for the DWZ that his other hand may have been still on the ball so he could not rule against the try ruling, this would have been ok. If he said I cannot prove that it did not touch Morgan's hand for that second try - everyone would have accepted that. Refs were emotionally attached for Cowboys to win and their perception was distorted accordingly.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Went up a try, dwz hands were still on the ball and no separation and still gets disallowed.

But playing in townsville during their last home game, what do you expect

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was not enough evidence to overturn the bulldogs try in the first half. If the ref just awarded the try and not gone 'upstairs', no one would have even battered an eyelid. And the one to the cows near the end of the game, that was laughable. I mean, truly wtf? Was I and the the commentators watching a different game? Would they have awarded that in a grand final? Actually, probably yes, cause it would be either a rorters or melbourne thugs try. Hell, that michael morgan no-try when he planted the ball a foot short of the line would probably be awarded if it was the rorters.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual the NRL will have no repurcussions for such blatant bias that it cost us the game. To overturn a decision given as a try by on field ref requires 100% certainty that a mistake occurred. This did not happen. Then the last try. OMG!!! If that is a GF OMG!!! Please NRL how about you investigate match fixing in your own referee ranks!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, all of the above. #baffled. Cannot for the life of me see how DWZ’s try was dis-allowed. I was originally pro video ref/bunker, but Technology is killing the game.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, all of the above. #baffled. Cannot for the life of me see how DWZ’s try was dis-allowed. I was originally pro video ref/bunker, but Technology is killing the game.
If you have to look at a replay more than twice then there is too much uncertainty and therefore should go with the on field refs decision because that's what he is paid for

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still dont get how he can rule out DWZs other hand which was not in vision with any fkn camera angle to prove any separation did happen... 100% more like 50% evidence needed by the looks of it ffs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we were disallowed a try sent up as a try
Cowboys were awarded a try sent up as no try

Yep makes sense
Knew after 10 min in we some how were going to get stitched up guess that was it. they looked at our try 10 times had no idea but went against us. Not surprised

Last edited:

howard3.0

Waterboy
Reaction score
That first try, they never showed a view (from what I saw) of his right hand, but from what I could tell he always had control of the ball and it wasn't just the fact that it was pressed against the defender.... absolute shit that they pay so much money for the over-hyped bunker

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ok Mander will come out on Monday and say how they made the wrong decisions
haha Mander is my local state opposition rep. I see him at local markets and stuff. I've asked him about some specific video ref calls he made in broncos favour against us in the 90's at suncorp. He said he could't remember specific decisions. Well, I do recall you being a biased ****. Steve Clark too. Actually, especially Steve Clark.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went up a try, dwz hands were still on the ball and no separation and still gets disallowed.

But playing in townsville during their last home game, what do you expect
Doesn't Matter who we play or where we play It's always the same old story, Any try we score is sent up to the bunker,& they play & replay it from every angle at different speeds trying to nitpick at any little excuse not to award it. We are shafted time & time again. Tomorrow we will probably get another call from Anersley, apologiesing that they got it wrong again. however in the meantime they managed to stiff us out the eight again.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Doesn't Matter who we play or where we play It's always the same old story, Any try we score is sent up to the bunker,& they play & replay it from every angle at different speeds trying to nitpick at any little excuse not to award it. We are shafted time & time again. Tomorrow we will probably get another call from Anersley, apologiesing that they got it wrong again. however in the meantime they managed to stiff us out the eight again.
They did not help - but we are out of the eight because of our doing.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't blame the refs, we had enough ball to win 3 games of footy tonight.
What this loss shows is our inability to build pressure and score points.
The games we've won have largely come off great defense and opposition teams playing below there best, getting injuries during the game etc.
Last night was a reality check.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't blame the refs, we had enough ball to win 3 games of footy tonight.
What this loss shows is our inability to build pressure and score points.
The games we've won have largely come off great defense and opposition teams playing below there best, getting injuries during the game etc.
Last night was a reality check.
What would the likely score be against in the first finals game anyway if we had scrapped in and the other contenders?

Hate to think.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Game ending call..!! No two ways about it.
The players were dejected after that.. Felt just like cummins/sutton reffed games all over again.

Belinda is an amazing referee to be honest. Straight after a shonky call from that idiot ref you could hear her compassion towards our players