Our next big signing

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a doubt we need to buy an organising half. This is where our million dollars plus needs to be spent. Unless we sign one we just can't cut it with the bigger teams week in week out.

Who is available from 2020, any ideas?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s see lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No game changing Halves available. You can take a risk with Croft. Maybe Townsend. We ain't going to get any "big" signings until 2021, which I hope are Latrell and either Arrow or D. Fifita (probably Fifita because he's more explosive). With Koroisau coming in I'd like Oates as another good signing for next year. I don't think that's going to happen tho.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a half on the bench who never saw a minutes play in the last 3 weeks. who while foran was out set up most of our points.
Stop tolman playing 5/8 , get a decent left centre and piss meaney off the wing and we are allready a better side with what we allready have.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know I’ll get slammed for this. But if Foran isn’t shipped off and can stay on the field if pick up ash Taylor. Fair enough he will never reach the potential he was hyped to reach. But I see a lot of brooks in him. Your typical kick, pass, run half. Great kicking game. Good short passing game. That is all you need playing with Foran. And after his troubles this year will get a lot of money contributed by the tits you’d assume.

Would be a low risk contract. Say 2 years for 1-1.2 million. If it doesn’t work out no harm done as Foran and Taylor will be gone in 2021 and 2022 respectively.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly a lack of good halves around. Cogger shows as much promise out of young halves as anyone but he can't even make our starting side.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id take Croft in a heartbeat.. I see more potential in him for success at NRL than Cogger or Lewis..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
6. Wakeham / Croft
7. Cogger / Wakeham
That's our future in the halves imo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Id take Croft in a heartbeat.. I see more potential in him for success at NRL than Cogger or Lewis..
I like Croft but I think he needs to go to the Tigers. Brodie doesn't like the full control of a team and likes to run the ball and play off the cuff. This would work well with Luke Brooks who has yearned for control over the years but has always lost it to Farah and Benji... would be a nice balanced and fast halves pairing

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I’ll get slammed for this. But if Foran isn’t shipped off and can stay on the field if pick up ash Taylor. Fair enough he will never reach the potential he was hyped to reach. But I see a lot of brooks in him. Your typical kick, pass, run half. Great kicking game. Good short passing game. That is all you need playing with Foran. And after his troubles this year will get a lot of money contributed by the tits you’d assume.

Would be a low risk contract. Say 2 years for 1-1.2 million. If it doesn’t work out no harm done as Foran and Taylor will be gone in 2021 and 2022 respectively.
Can see the upside but need to get to the bottom of what is demons stem from. Having a $1m half go missing for a big chunk of the season is not good (as dogs fans are already painfully aware).

Maybe the dogs team environment would be good for him, give him confidence or whatever.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is a tough one, kid has class but if the team is losing he doesn’t seem to dig deep. He won’t be nrl next year I thinkhes off to England

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have a mile of decent halfs. Go fucking get one.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to sign a left centre for nxt Yr, Holland doesn't cut it at a top level

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Id get Lewis off the books and a few other plodders and take a chance on cogger and wakeham unless someone else becomes available.

Still hard to see where foran fits in. I love the bloke as a player and makes a massive difference to our team when he's on the field. But can be a big risk giving him another contract. I'm not sure what to make of it?