Official Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why? Because he got pushed in goal when the cows were miles offside? He was our best back by far today and arguably one of our best players.
It was a dumb pass to Ok....similar to the silly pressure Elliott passes.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris Smith and Renouf had great games. Thought they bought some real impact off the bench and Smith ran with some real purpose.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok Mrs Pay, why did we lose tonight? We want to hear from a Real coach like yourself.
Don't bother brother
The most laughable thing on the Kennel is the would-be coaches and ex-junior league halfbacks who haven’t played since their teenage years who take to bitterly howling after a loss — as if they had something to offer the world that nobody else sees.
No, the most laughable thing is, some people here think Pay is supercoach

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something does not sit right with me regarding their player getting tackled and even held over the line and we get to play the ball 50cm from our try line? - Aren't refs meant to hand the ball and come to the 10? It just looked bullshit to me.
I think they said he was stopped short of the tryline and that’s a turn over wherever the tackle was made. It did look like he was over the tryline though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Chris Smith and Renouf had great games. Thought they bought some real impact off the bench and Smith ran with some real purpose.
How good was it seeing To'omaga use his footwork...got good PCM's and quick play the balls. Smith was also high energy off the bench.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Toomaga was mean

I can’t wait for his impact next year
Probs playing reserves again next year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hopefully we smash him in preseason and get his cardio up and we can get more minutes from him and potentially push for a starting role. He just continues to improve with each game and looks more and more comfortable.

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only cause everyone is tipping us to win and theres the chance of finals footy. Dunno... just have a bad feeling about that on our team. We were playing so well without any pressure. Now theres some pressure on us....
You called it..and rightly so..the word pressure caught us out tonight especially the amount of ball in hand in the cowboys 20..too rushed with no direction. However if DWZ scores things might have been different..never mind even though I was gutted, still proud Dog4life

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
JMK is still a way off being an 80 min FG player. Should be much better coming on for 20 when we get Api next year

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did anyone see Hoppa blow up at that dumb **** Okunbor when Hoppa had to cover for the dickhead and got caught in the in goal area.....cause the **** was lazy to get back...useless flop!!
He was blowing up at DWZ. Okunbor was good tonight, I don’t know what you fuckwits are on.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why so many are hysterical about this game!

We all need to take a deep breath, we've had a fantastic last 2 months, let's just enjoy what this team will be next season with a few more quality players to be added!

The game tonight was set up by the NRL from the start of the season as it was the cowboys last home game before moving to their new stadium, and their first ever NRL game was against the bulldogs. A nice historical event which we all know the NRL loves, and in front of their home crowd the NRL were never going to let them go home disappointed....

We've seen and experienced this before thousands of time with the NRL, it makes a mockery of this sport, and rugby league is the easiest sport in the world for referees to exploit and influence outcomes, and tonight was another example.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to jump on here and criticise anyone after that effort. Yes we lost but we played tough. Yes our attack is clunky. But the boys left nothing out there. As a supporter that’s what you want to see. There’s light at the end of the tunnel!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I want to fucking slap Elliott. Will do a few good things and then do just as many if not more dumb as fucking shit things.
I honestly think this is what goes trough Pays head.
Oh Elliot set up a try for CHN last time we played Cowboys, better put him on the ball and let him dictate play tonight. Dumb **** used the same principles in dropping Cogger... oh Lewis defended great against Souffs and handled Burgess, better play him. Dude can't coach on the run, everything seems preemted

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis is unbelievable defensively but fuck me he has no idea how to attack. He just throws them willy nilly anywhere and hopes they stick. I like the kid for his defence but he ain't a halfbacks arsehole!
Heart in your mouth just dredding an intercept...terrible halfback play. No one would know what he's doing.

Someone said...the most unco-ordinated half you'd ever ever see...and Pay unfathomably leaves Cogger on the bench when we have interchanges up our sleeve.

We will never be a serious contender whilever these sorts of poor decisions are made.