Rhyse Martin going well at Leeds.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I
So why did not one NRL club sign him?

Pays fault? Laughable
is that you dean? Only have to look at how poorly rfm has been used an absolute weapon being played in wrong position most of the season

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No sl side is better than any nrl side. That’s just bs.
Haha well you are wrong. Remember Warrington beat Broncos in WCS a couple years back. StHelens would beat plenty of NRL clubs currently. Go back to the dominant Leeds side from 2004 2009 they would have destroyed most nrl sides also.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he was so good why did he not get an offer from any nrl team......
I think that speaks volumes

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Haha well you are wrong. Remember Warrington beat Broncos in WCS a couple years back. StHelens would beat plenty of NRL clubs currently. Go back to the dominant Leeds side from 2004 2009 they would have destroyed most nrl sides also.
I watch the super league on the regular, and their best side this year St. Helens, wouldn’t beat the titans to be honest with you.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watch the super league on the regular, and their best side this year St. Helens, wouldn’t beat the titans to be honest with you.
Would watch that game! Will never happen though as it'll prove how shit the ESL standard is.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's where you are wrong... not going to argue with someone who would make such a foolish statement

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty much academic whether Super league teams could match NRL teams. The world club challenge is run in our preseason when the NRL premiers are basically still playing trials, but it's a reasonable number of games into the SL season. Unless we had some crossover games when both seasons were underway it's nearly impossible to judge the comparative quality of the two competitions.

I'm happy for Martin to be doing well. The simple fact of our roster situation is that we have a lot of NRL capable second rowers. It was going to be difficult to establish himself here. Over there he's standing out already. I thought he was a pretty decent player for us when given the opportunity. But he was at a similar level as quite a few others. If he gets a decent payday and furthers his career, good on him. He's not a youngster anymore. He was a late debutante in the NRL and I can understand that he'd possibly want to make a mark at the elite level overseas if he's not getting the opportunity to make it here.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was also good in reserve grade here, which is the same level as esl

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No chance.
The Roosters beat Wigan this year 20-8. St. Helens are 16 points ahead of Wigan on the ladder and the Titans are 24 points behind the Roosters. Right now if they played St. Helens would beat the Titans.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Roosters beat Wigan this year 20-8. St. Helens are 16 points ahead of Wigan on the ladder and the Titans are 24 points behind the Roosters. Right now if they played St. Helens would beat the Titans.
To further strengthen that. Wigan were pretty ordinary to start the season and have improved a lot in the later half of the season

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The world club challenge is run in our preseason when the NRL premiers are basically still playing trials, but it's a reasonable number of games into the SL season. Unless we had some crossover games when both seasons were underway it's nearly impossible to judge the comparative quality of the two competitions.
Because of that you have some players from the NRL no longer playing for the same club that won the Grand Final (Either signed with other teams or retired). Ennis and Barba never played in the Sharks WCS game.