Humble Pie

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how this forum has been more or less peaceful and enjoyable for the last week then all of a sudden bam the shit starts again

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Taking a job too hard for you doesn’t give you the excuse to be a shit coach. Look at manly they were just as fkd. I mean I think you’re a lite too close to dean gay to have a realistic opinion on him. Fact is he has failed and if he was a man he’d walk away. We’ve been through much worse situations then what we’ve gone through recently and still done better, just let it sink in. It hasn’t been since the 50’s that we’ve missed out on the finals 3 years in a row, 2 are on dean gays watch.
You want to compare our roster to Manly’s? Hahahaha. Thanks for proving my point of having no idea. Please go and “support” manly. You clearly haven’t been around long enough to have a clue about the gravity of the situation now since the 50’s. Absolutely embarrassing

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You want to compare our roster to Manly’s? Hahahaha. Thanks for proving my point of having no idea. Please go and “support” manly. You clearly haven’t been around long enough to have a clue about the gravity of the situation now since the 50’s. Absolutely embarrassing
That same roster at manly were contenders for the spoon this year nice try though babe

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That same roster at manly were contenders for the spoon this year nice try though babe
Okay so you're going off what they were predicted to do prior to the season starting and disregard current form under a new coach? Absolute dumbass

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What has changed? Who takes the kudos? To me Pay hasnt changed anything. So can he coach? I dont know. What I do know is that Pay has stayed consistent in message all season. He has supported the players...through some tough times...some beatings even. He has always remained positive that we are young and learning and on the improve.

He talked of reigniting what the Bulldogs stood for. In that was he referring to the 80's and 90's when Ryan introduced the Dogs of war?. Or was he referring to the late 70's Entertainers under Glossop? Or the never give an inch attitude of the 04 dogs?

The Bulldogs have changed their style over the years of that theres no doubt. So Pays first objective was to keep pushing buttons with this young side until they found what they stood for.

We may not be the most obviously skillful side and some commentators say its because the pressure to win hasnt been there for many weeks but seriously just look at our last 7/8 weeks compared to others at our end of the competition.

Foran has been back 2 of those weeks. Besides Foran; Cogger, Lewis, JMK and DWZ (and some Lichaa) have been obviously building. The onfield comraderie between all the players has been infectious. This teams style is developing....just as Pay said it would. Discipline in defence, working together, defensive line speed has been sensational. The young Dogs are taking pride in their work. Each week is suddenly important to them. Lachy Lewis's off the cuff comments after the Souths game hit the nail on the head. "Ive never beaten Souths" he said "so that was really enjoyable"..."next week we have Parra. Ive never beaten them before either...so Im really looking forward to it".

A bunch of young guys putting in. Playing a game they and we love. As a team. No overinflated egos, no demands for upgraded contracts. We look fit and determined. All the coaches and trainers can take some credit as they have all helped this squad develop and realize its potential.

The Dogs are on the way back baby. This proud club is competing again.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Babe? You seem gay obsessed. They had a lot of internal drama last year with a divided dressing room and injuries etc. They have a much more experienced squad of rep players. To compare them is actually laughable

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay so you're going off what they were predicted to do prior to the season starting and disregard current form under a new coach? Absolute dumbass
I am only using logic used by you real and true supporters hunny bunny. Try keep up

Last edited:

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only if you can tell me with actual proof he did....

Winning games doesnt prove anything btw, Nathan Brown won 6 games in a row and he is no longer coach of Newcastle .

You can't prove your theory and neither can i, its our opinions based on what we see and hear. I dont have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me.

i agree with your last statement :blush: and your first can go either way so its a mute point .. for Nathan Brown we know he lost the dressing room thats why they got rid of him .. i understand winning dosent prove anything but what really does anymore ?
at the end itrs just our opinion which is all we are sharing

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ has been the catalyst for mine
I said this after the newcastle game. I’m from there and went to the game and the organising and talk he does behind the line is incredible.
He is tough as nails and bred to be blue and white for mine.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I said this after the newcastle game. I’m from there and went to the game and the organising and talk he does behind the line is incredible.
He is tough as nails and bred to be blue and white for mine.
I said in another thread his talk from the back had an almost instantaneous positive impact on our defence.Great player with a big motor and he loves the club and the jersey and it’s rubbing off on the rest of them