Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GIgs like this are so weird. I get it for stuff like Dream Theater, but Alice Cooper? I guess most of his fans are old AF...

I will never forget when I dilly dallied on getting Opeth tickets one year, and it was at the Enmore Theater and only half the bottom floor was standing. It was soooooooooooo fked. I had to sit there like a wanker and watch as security kept telling people to sit down and usher people out of the aisles. It was an embarrassment.
I had tickets to that opeth gig and sold them a week or so before. Haven’t managed to catch them since unfortunately

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I had tickets to that opeth gig and sold them a week or so before. Haven’t managed to catch them since unfortunately
I have tickets to their next gig at (I think) capitol theatre. It is all seated which suits me more than some seated.

Ps new Tool leaked. I'm upto the 4th song and it's epic so far.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Man Fear Inoculum is a brilliant album. Not sure about the chocolate Chip Trip song tho

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of Metal Church or CoF but how was Graveyard? Really dig some of their stuff.

My next gig is Danko Jones for some good rock fun, and then I think the Devin Townsend acoustic gig.
I’ve also got Bloodbath the week after that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about Fear Inoculum yet. It's good but I can see why they took so long to release it. They ran out of material. Many of the riffs are re-used from older songs and there's so much filler that songs can go on for over 10 minutes with 50% of that being a repetitive tune. While listening to it I kept forgetting that I was listening and it became background music. It's also very soft compared to their older stuff. There are some power cords but it never really hits that high powered point. It constantly feels like they're building up to something but never getting there.

Still good though and it'll probably grow on me more. I didn't like 10,000 days until I heard it 4-5 times.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man Fear Inoculum is a brilliant album. Not sure about the chocolate Chip Trip song tho
Ahhh fuck I can’t wait to hear it. I still remember finally getting 10,000 days. I don’t think I’ve ever had such high anticipation for an album. Which probably means I’ll be disappointed lol

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. Should be on Spotify on Friday or something. I torrented it and have been listening via VLC on my phone as it is in ALAC mp4 format.

I even like the Chocolate Chip Trip song now. It is the shortest feeling long album ever. I look forward to the digital release because all of the interludes will be included there.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. Should be on Spotify on Friday or something. I torrented it and have been listening via VLC on my phone as it is in ALAC mp4 format.

I even like the Chocolate Chip Trip song now. It is the shortest feeling long album ever. I look forward to the digital release because all of the interludes will be included there.
I’m super keen to hear 7empest. Sounds like that’s gonna be epic track.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Finally got it. Given it 2 spins so far and I really really like it. It’s not as heavy as I had hoped but at the same time it’s so much better than I expected.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long am I going to have to deal with Tool cock sucking in this forum for?