Andersons

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest they were put in a awful position to begin their tenure (but in saying that when is a board ever changed when things are flying?).

And it is a “process” to get back to the top. No one expected instant results. We probably didn’t expect to go 3/14 in back to back years. But we do have the worst squad in the nrl, and that should not be debatable. Ok we play with heart. We lack skill but we are tenacious and ruthless.

But their prime focus is not recruitment or retention or team results. Fair enough if the team struggles they will look bad. But their prime focus is the club and its financial security. He just lost another major sponsor (possibly one of the biggest names in nrl in Kia).

Not shitting on the Anderson’s. Just being a realist. If they can get our finances back in order. If we can have some of the most lucrative sponsorship deals in the nrl again, I’ll call them a success no matter if we do miss out on the finals.

But......... they have an opportunity to stand on their own two feet for once (they have a chance to show their power and influence). After losing millions of dollars in dib sponsors this is their chance to secure our long term future again. Will they shit the bed or hit it out of the park? I’ll be watching with intrigue where they will take it.

Honestly though. Good luck to them. I’m not anti Anderson’s. I am pro Bulldogs. And I’d be happy with on field and off field success no matter who runs the board. They would have had issues getting re-elected unopposed if we did finish in a spoon battle. So I guess this late season run will gloss over some result short comings. But I honestly hope our finances are still up there as the best in the business. That will show great leadership more then anything.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at next season's squad the Anderson's have done a world class great fucking job!!!!!!

They HAVE to be re elected next year.

No I'm not a plant. I was questioning them before the last elections
Good to see you give credit where it's due mate. I also think they have done an outstanding job. Korisau is a good signing, and I look forward to seeing who the other two are. Add to this Stimson and Britt, and it's a very good recruitment performance, especially given the original forecast.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s weird that the board even gets mentioned after the team has gone on a winning streak. They have very little to do with the actual team once the season starts although you could argue the addition of DWZ on this point. It’s the players and coaching staff responsible for the on field turn around.

Very little would have changed with board from before round 15 till now. I’m happy with the way the board has performed so far but there’s room for improvement.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s weird that the board even gets mentioned after the team has gone on a winning streak. They have very little to do with the actual team once the season starts although you could argue the addition of DWZ on this point. It’s the players and coaching staff responsible for the on field turn around.

Very little would have changed with board from before round 15 till now. I’m happy with the way the board has performed so far but there’s room for improvement.
True but I think a lot of behind the scenes contact and welfare of players and their families has helped us get through some very hard times. We have come a long way from players constantly nervous about being tapped on the shoulder and our season didn’t start well with the Klemmer & then big papi drama also

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True but I think a lot of behind the scenes contact and welfare of players and their families has helped us get through some very hard times. We have come a long way from players constantly nervous about being tapped on the shoulder and our season didn’t start well with the Klemmer & then big papi drama also
No doubt it did I’m not having a go at the board they have done some great work putting a lot of things in place that are vital for long term success. This off season will be the most stable one we have had in years.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see you give credit where it's due mate. I also think they have done an outstanding job. Korisau is a good signing, and I look forward to seeing who the other two are. Add to this Stimson and Britt, and it's a very good recruitment performance, especially given the original forecast.
Mate I always give credit where its due and I usually reserve judgement until I have enough evidence to make a determination. I had reservations about the new board at start because it seemed like they were saying things just to get in but I also wanted Dib out.

With the moves the new board has made, as far as recruitment and retention is concerned, they've done a wonderful job. I reckon it's also a god send that they got rid of Klemmer, as according to reports at the time, he was toxic to the playing group and I think with everything going on at Newcastle at the moment, it's showing even more that he's toxic to a playing group (I also think that Mbye's previous comment that some bulldogs players think too highly of themselves applies directly to Klemmer).

The players they've recruited so far all have the potential, to at bare minimum, to be solid 1st graders. You can't have a team of superstars, you also need your solid, consistent players, and for the money we've recruited them, I believe they're leading the club in the right direction. Also the fact that they've heavily invested in our juniors and are determined to make that a pathway is massive positive for a club like us (i.e. we're not a club to go on ridiculous recruitment drives like Roosters, Souths or Brisbane)

And lastly I can definitely see them instilling bulldogs culture, they get it, they know it, and they're passing on to everyone in the club.

I will always stand by my comments and if I have to adjust my beliefs, I will do so on the available evidence, but in saying that there are some beliefs that I'll refuse to budge on, e.g. we need to get rid of elliot.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I didn't bump this thread for the winning streak. I bumped this thread on the back of the Api news. The board are building a solid squad.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't bump this thread for the winning streak. I bumped this thread on the back of the Api news. The board are building a solid squad.
My post wasn't bought on by you bumping the thread it was more some of the previous posts. I agree with the board building a solid squad.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No doubt it did I’m not having a go at the board they have done some great work putting a lot of things in place that are vital for long term success. This off season will be the most stable one we have had in years.
Agreed 100% mate

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I always give credit where its due and I usually reserve judgement until I have enough evidence to make a determination. I had reservations about the new board at start because it seemed like they were saying things just to get in but I also wanted Dib out.

With the moves the new board has made, as far as recruitment and retention is concerned, they've done a wonderful job. I reckon it's also a god send that they got rid of Klemmer, as according to reports at the time, he was toxic to the playing group and I think with everything going on at Newcastle at the moment, it's showing even more that he's toxic to a playing group (I also think that Mbye's previous comment that some bulldogs players think too highly of themselves applies directly to Klemmer).

The players they've recruited so far all have the potential, to at bare minimum, to be solid 1st graders. You can't have a team of superstars, you also need your solid, consistent players, and for the money we've recruited them, I believe they're leading the club in the right direction. Also the fact that they've heavily invested in our juniors and are determined to make that a pathway is massive positive for a club like us (i.e. we're not a club to go on ridiculous recruitment drives like Roosters, Souths or Brisbane)

And lastly I can definitely see them instilling bulldogs culture, they get it, they know it, and they're passing on to everyone in the club.

I will always stand by my comments and if I have to adjust my beliefs, I will do so on the available evidence, but in saying that there are some beliefs that I'll refuse to budge on, e.g. we need to get rid of elliot.
Couldn't agree more in regards to the board's actions mate. They seem to be moving in the right direction on all fronts. Under the previous board I think the CEO and board had different priorities, and neither of them were aligning to make this club great again. The Anderson's and co seem to have a strategic plan to get the whole club moving forward in a straight line, much like our defense of late. It's really good to see.
I know you have integrity mate, that's all one can hope for. Opinions change, but recognition of that change in opinion is important, otherwise you just come across like a smug twat.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think releasing klemmer to Newcastle was a masterstroke that gave us leeway to wheel and deal for nxt yr

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well considering we were in a position that would've seen us with keeping the 2018 squad until 2021. We have now gotten rid of Mbye, Woods & Klem. signed CHN, DWZ, Stimson, Brit and now Api, not too fuckin bad at all......
Rumors of a few more signings is a massive plus as well.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not going to jump the gun because we won a couple of games 8 to 6.
Am happy with how the build is going but ill wait to start of season when it matters and where getting flogged.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. The job is only half done.

They seem to have got us out of the salary cap sh!t we were in. Part 1 completed.

Part 2 is this so called war chest we will for 2021. Spend it correctly and we can become a powerhouse again. Overpay the wrong players to come and will be F@#ked for the next 5 years.
Part 1 in my mind was the moves made to re-establish a junior development focus. In the long run that will do more for stabilising the salary cap than unloading overpaid players. I'm not disagreeing either. Spending the money we free up next season wisely will have a huge impact on the 3-4 years that follow.

Like everyone on this forum I love to see my club win,but we're was this form early in the year,when the pressure was there to perform,remember last year we were saying,how positive it was winning a few games coming into this year,need to win games under pressure,but coach needs to be congratulated,because a lot of our young players definitely on the improve
Like many foresaw, the early season success was only going to happen if we won games early and got on a high from confidence. Inexperienced players tend to lose some cool when errors are made. I saw quite a few of our worst losses this year and it was very evident that our young spine was capable of turning error riddled games into drubbings when they panicked a little and started kicking on the third tackle or just pushed passes. As the year has progressed they've grown into a more calm side.

To be honest they were put in a awful position to begin their tenure (but in saying that when is a board ever changed when things are flying?).

And it is a “process” to get back to the top. No one expected instant results. We probably didn’t expect to go 3/14 in back to back years. But we do have the worst squad in the nrl, and that should not be debatable. Ok we play with heart. We lack skill but we are tenacious and ruthless.

But their prime focus is not recruitment or retention or team results. Fair enough if the team struggles they will look bad. But their prime focus is the club and its financial security. He just lost another major sponsor (possibly one of the biggest names in nrl in Kia).

Not shitting on the Anderson’s. Just being a realist. If they can get our finances back in order. If we can have some of the most lucrative sponsorship deals in the nrl again, I’ll call them a success no matter if we do miss out on the finals.

But......... they have an opportunity to stand on their own two feet for once (they have a chance to show their power and influence). After losing millions of dollars in dib sponsors this is their chance to secure our long term future again. Will they shit the bed or hit it out of the park? I’ll be watching with intrigue where they will take it.

Honestly though. Good luck to them. I’m not anti Anderson’s. I am pro Bulldogs. And I’d be happy with on field and off field success no matter who runs the board. They would have had issues getting re-elected unopposed if we did finish in a spoon battle. So I guess this late season run will gloss over some result short comings. But I honestly hope our finances are still up there as the best in the business. That will show great leadership more then anything.
I understand that any club can only be strong if they're financially stable. But even without strong sponsorship we're a wealthy club. As far as I'm concerned, if any sponsors were ready to jump ship when our form was down they'd better watch that door on the way out. Success will get new sponsors knocking. KIA commonly jump around with who they sponsor.

Not wanting to start an argument here but some of what you said sits poorly with me. Financial viability is part of the boards focus, but team success needs to be the basis of why sponsors want in. We have a big fan base, if fans are watching us play it's great exposure for the sponsors.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where's all the doubters now, time is needed to bring this great club back to a top heavyweight
I really hope so
With all respect...does everyone know the SOURCE OF OUR MISERY ???
1995 the super league war erupted, under the guidance of the great BULLFROG and led by the son-in-law Chris Anderson Canterbury decided to rebel against the ARL fearing for the clubs independence and rightly so, The ARL had plans that didn't include our sovereignty and independence, soon after BULLFROG resigned from the ARL and then Canterbury leaving us exposed to the inevitable
As a result of joining super league war we lost all our superstar players eventually forcing Terry Lamb to come out of retirement
In the meantime super league failed to replace Canreburys stars eventually pushing the club into suing them for loss of revenues
The following was more damming, BULLFROG took the job of overlooking recruitment at Melbourne subsequently luring away Canterbury coach his son-in-law Chris Anderson 1998...
The grass was greener on the other side of the fence for the likes of Chris and lynn Anderson and Paul Dunn.
Suffering from the super league pressures Canterbury refused to sign-off South Sydney and went on supporting them to be reinstated.This is why we are a target...
1. Off field by the media, specially News Ltd
2. On field by the referees, News Ltd puppets
I don't blame anyone for losing faith in the previous board...They trusted Hasler they blew it !!!
Do not expect me to do cartwheels after winning few games.
At the same time do not expect me to trust some of the people on the new board...until they have proved themselves !!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really hope so
With all respect...does everyone know the SOURCE OF OUR MISERY ???
1995 the super league war erupted, under the guidance of the great BULLFROG and led by the son-in-law Chris Anderson Canterbury decided to rebel against the ARL fearing for the clubs independence and rightly so, The ARL had plans that didn't include our sovereignty and independence, soon after BULLFROG resigned from the ARL and then Canterbury leaving us exposed to the inevitable
As a result of joining super league war we lost all our superstar players eventually forcing Terry Lamb to come out of retirement
In the meantime super league failed to replace Canreburys stars eventually pushing the club into suing them for loss of revenues
The following was more damming, BULLFROG took the job of overlooking recruitment at Melbourne subsequently luring away Canterbury coach his son-in-law Chris Anderson 1998...
The grass was greener on the other side of the fence for the likes of Chris and lynn Anderson and Paul Dunn.
Suffering from the super league pressures Canterbury refused to sign-off South Sydney and went on supporting them to be reinstated.This is why we are a target...
1. Off field by the media, specially News Ltd
2. On field by the referees, News Ltd puppets
I don't blame anyone for losing faith in the previous board...They trusted Hasler they blew it !!!
Do not expect me to do cartwheels after winning few games.
At the same time do not expect me to trust some of the people on the new board...until they have proved themselves !!!
Almost 25 years ago mate

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I respect all who are loyal to our club !
History is the foundation of the future !
Lots of strange things happened around super league and I don’t base m my judgement around that time

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lots of strange things happened around super league and I don’t base m my judgement around that time
Bringing out this story is only to prove to some people...Facts are needed to be known before pointing out fingers towards fellow Kennelers by calling them doubters

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bringing out this story is only to prove to some people...Facts are needed to be known before pointing out fingers towards fellow Kennelers by calling them doubters
I get what you are saying. Personally, I prefer to judge people on recent actions and even redemption. Just thinking back to some of the things I did 25 years ago gives me nightmares. I understand your point though and respect your point of view