News Manly hooker Apisai Koroisau poised to sign three-year deal with Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
U must have missed the out of Sydney club clue
But I’d take capewell in a heartbeat
Capewell might be going tigers or warriors
Yeah.. I did miss that mate.( Ben Hampton)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is going to be one of the great doggies signings—mark my words. This guy is tenacious in defence and plays instinctively in attack. Very versatile player as well, played plenty in the halves.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good edition. If we didn't get Koroisau done I think a lot of people wouldn't of liked the other options that were going to come. We had to sign another Hooker regardless how good people think JMK is. This will strengthen our side and I think the 2 of them will work well together.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also if we didn't sign Koroisau someone else would of (Warriors, Eels) so it doesn't really matter regarding the Trbojevic/Manly cap situation. If anything we got him a little bit less (400-450k) leaving a little bit still in their cap for 2 years.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
U must have missed the out of Sydney club clue
But I’d take capewell in a heartbeat
Capewell might be going tigers or warriors
Hmmm...can play anywhere in the backline, and can play in the forwards but not from Sydney.
The only one comes to mind is Corey Oates as he wants to play in the forwards....

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy is going to be one of the great doggies signings—mark my words. This guy is tenacious in defence and plays instinctively in attack. Very versatile player as well, played plenty in the halves.
Me thinks you're talking about John Asiata from NQLD?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm...can play anywhere in the backline, and can play in the forwards but not from Sydney.
The only one comes to mind is Corey Oates as he wants to play in the forwards....
Tbh Oates would be the cherry on top. We desperately need class in the backline

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oates would be a good signing, though i cant see him at the Dogs.

If the Broncos are serious in keeping Fifita, there is no chance of them re-signing Oates, unless Dariusssss Boyd "retires"

On another note, if Koroisau has been signed on anything above 300k, the responsible people need to be kneecapped

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Broncos need to lose someone tho. Oates for 500-600k would be great. I'm not sure we'd have the cash tho with Koroisau and Ese'ese (?) coming. Cowboys have some $ too so we'd probably be competing with them and I think he'd rather stay in QLD.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oates would be a good signing, though i cant see him at the Dogs.

If the Broncos are serious in keeping Fifita, there is no chance of them re-signing Oates, unless Dariusssss Boyd "retires"

On another note, if Koroisau has been signed on anything above 300k, the responsible people need to be kneecapped
I think you'll find he's on somewhere between 400-550k (thanks Warriors).

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oates scores tries. 2 tries every 3 games. If we get Oates I'll be happy. Those extra tries are the difference between bottom 8 and top 4.

Back to Api... Api is a good signing. JMKs contract expires not too far off, and if we lose him we're back to having no hooker again. Better to have 2 than have 0. No hooker = no chance.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Api is better than what we currently have.. a welcome addition

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He'd be a great signing. He still hasn't come close to scratching the surface of his ability.
Yep limited time at centre, he's always been a right centre though... after all these seasons at left wing though I'm intrigued to see how he would fair on the left. Boys still young as, 2 more seasons and he will flourish

Status
Not open for further replies.