News Manly hooker Apisai Koroisau poised to sign three-year deal with Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He would be a great buy but it’s not looking likely unfortunately.
See my post in the RL General thread. If he signs a deal before November then every other club CEO should demand that the Broncos offices are raided to find the evidence of their millions of cap rorting.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I the only one on here that thinks this bloke is bog average ?
I feel you, at the same time we need these sorts of signings to help set the foundations and lure other star players to the club. Someone like Latrell or David Fifita would be more inclined to sign here with the likes of DWZ/ Napa/ Jackson/ CHN/ Hoppa and now Api in the squad than unproven rookies still trying to find their feet in the nrl.

That said, there’s nothing stopping us from signing solid young guns and blood them through our CC team.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Fuckin oath. Im really liking the idea of a rotation of JMK & Koroisau at 9. Hopefully Marshall King might pick up a trick or 2 as well.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three years is a concern for me with his injury history.

Api was very good with Souths, started off well with Manly and has progressively had less impact in attack when he plays. He's still a great defender and I hope he can stay injury free and we can see more in attack from him.
Most hookers lost impact in attack under des

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I asked the same question. Is he an upgrade on JMK?
We have young Hetherington as a back up as well.
I reckon he rotates api with jmk and it will work well.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In my opinion he’s definitely an upgrade. He’s sharp on his feet, has experience, premiership winner, offers a short distance kicking game and has plenty of good years left in him. So what if he cost $500k it’s not a backend contract and won’t break the bank. JMK will be the perfect utility/rotation

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most hookers lost impact in attack under des
Except Fainu and Cook though. Fainu looks like the same attacking force he was last year. I think Api had shown less in attack last year than he did at Souths also...

I still think Api has skills, I just don't know that Pay is the progressive attacking mind to bring them back out of him.

Hopefully next year we see more of Api at his attacking best. Playing 30 minutes then sitting almost the rest of the game while Fainu takes over wouldn't help him get in rhythm nor would him playing through various leg injuries like he has been.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion he’s definitely an upgrade. He’s sharp on his feet, has experience, premiership winner, offers a short distance kicking game and has plenty of good years left in him. So what if he cost $500k it’s not a backend contract and won’t break the bank. JMK will be the perfect utility/rotation
Good service. I think it was sterlo that said api should be the only.one allowed to throw no look pass

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hope the figures being mentioned aren’t true.
Trust me
You guys would blow up
Here’s a hint
He was on 550k at the manly scum
We didn’t overpay... we got him at a good price. Hearing 450-500k. He didn’t want to travel to New Zealand, he’s got a young family, that helped us with negotiations.

howard3.0

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's been really good the past couple of years and I don't think we have seen the best of him. It's going to make us a much better team with our boys finally getting good efficient service from where it all begins.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow can't believe some on here don't want him, its been about 5 years since we've had a hooker that can riffle a pass off the ground onto the chest of a player for 80 minutes straight. You guys will be in for a shock when you see how much faster our attack will be with a proper dummy half. JMK has played well but still lacks certain instincts Koroisau has developed over the past decade playing the same position week in week out.

Lets not forget he has played in and won a grand final so he knows what it takes to win on the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.