News Manly hooker Apisai Koroisau poised to sign three-year deal with Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury is poised to sign Manly hooker Apisai Koroisau to a three-year deal from next season.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the deal could be announced within days.

The Bulldogs were locked in a battle with Parramatta and New Zealand Warriors to sign Koroisau, who still has two years remaining on his current deal at Brookvale.

Koroisau, 26, was reluctantly told by Manly there was no room at the club next season given the emergence of rising dummy half, Manase Fainu.

The Sea Eagles are also looking to free up some salary cap space to re-sign star brothers Tom and Jake Trbojevic.

Koroisau’s form has been strong this year despite battling foot and ankle injuries.

The Bulldogs have already signed Joe Stimson (Storm) and Dean Britt (Rabbitohs) for next season.

“I have no bad blood with the club or anything, Des (Hasler, head coach) handled it amazingly,” Koroisau said.

“He (Hasler) made it very clear he wants me here this year and it instilled a lot of confidence in me.

“That means a lot to me and obviously we are looking to have a big year at the club.

“It is what it is, footy is footy, it’s a business now and you’ve just got to roll with the punches.”

Koroisau has been named starting hooker for Saturday night’s big game against Melbourne Storm at Lottoland.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/352e56f7f994a366412a45ae78033242

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am happy the club have made efforts to change our spine for the better, I just don't know how much of an upgrade Koroisau actually is.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am happy the club have made efforts to change our spine for the better, I just don't know how much of an upgrade Koroisau actually is.
I asked the same question. Is he an upgrade on JMK?
We have young Hetherington as a back up as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stimson excites me more TBH
Mehh. Wouldn't be surprised if he's dead average with us considering how pretty much every forward looks so much better playing in the Storms system than any other clubs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Three years is a concern for me with his injury history.

Api was very good with Souths, started off well with Manly and has progressively had less impact in attack when he plays. He's still a great defender and I hope he can stay injury free and we can see more in attack from him.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hetherington will still be a couple of years off NRL and besides JMK we don't have another hooker on the books.
Api with JMK on the bench is a great hooking combo.
Like JMK think his been getting better with each game his defence and tackling has really improved

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets not forget it was only last year that he was in the mix for a blues jersey, probably 3rd choice but he can certainly play. has spark and is great in defence, this year has been hampered by injury but if he can get his body right he will be awesome for us

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was just looking at his stats. He's only played over 20 games once in 6 seasons.

If he's already signed I hope it works out for us.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way api will give us that edge cause jmk is a great back up too. Come along well at hooker and api is a very level headed player

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When the alternatives are Levi, Lichaa, and a cooked Isaac Luke then Api looks like a great buy.
Api is better than them. But two years would have been better for the club and I hope it wasnt for more than 450k max considering his injury woes.

JMK has been solid enough and keeps improving. At this point, I'd rather the club sat tight until Grant or some other young hookers became available in the offseason next year.

I used to really rate Api but it seems injuries have slowed him down massively. Seeing as we're signing him we all hope he can stay healthy but we may have to prepare for JMK starting lots of games next season if Api keeps picking up injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.