Dean pay was gone ( Not an anti pay thread)

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this not an anti pay thread relax, but I heard a rumour that just before the Cronulla game I think, he was gone 100% but there was a complete 180 and then we happened to start winning right after that and we turned it around
I’m happy that we are winning and showing signs of improvement and spirit, if this can be done between round 1 and 10 next season and through to the end I will back pay 100% but I always maintain that my criticism was justified, but happy to be proven wrong, and hope that next season we can show consistency from the beginning not just from the end

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this not an anti pay thread relax, but I heard that just before the Cronulla game I think, he was gone 100% but there was a complete 360 and then we happened to start winning right after that and we turned it around
I’m happy that we are winning and showing signs of improvement and spirit, if this can be done between round 1 and 10 next season and through to the end I will back pay 100% but I always maintain that my criticism was justified, but happy to be proven wrong, and hope that next season we can show consistency from the beginning not just from the end
100% bullshit....

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Andersons have always had the belief that Pay deserved a chance with a squad he had a say in. We had a horrible patch mid season, if they wanted him gone he would've been gone

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the Andersons have always had the belief that Pay deserved a chance with a squad he had a say in. We had a horrible patch mid season, if they wanted him gone he would've been gone
Yh this is just a rumour so it could obviously be bullshit or some truth who knows

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
this not an anti pay thread relax, but I heard a rumour that just before the Cronulla game I think, he was gone 100% but there was a complete 180 and then we happened to start winning right after that and we turned it around
I can confirm that is 100% false

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember a line from a comedian or maybe it was skit comedy show where a guy says to another guy something like "Mate, I used to think you were a real dickhead, but now I've done a complete 360". I've used that line a couple of times lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, all our criticisms were justified. If the club were looking at sacking him then the club was on the same page as most fans bar a minority. Results are what keeps players and coaches in their jobs and up until the Sharks game we didn't see results.

We now like what Pay and the coaching staff have done over the past couple months and would want Pay to be our long term coach if the results are there, if not he has to go. Currently under the recent success he deserves to stay.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Of course, all our criticisms were justified. If the club were looking at sacking him then the club was on the same page as most fans bar a minority. Results are what keeps players and coaches in their jobs and up until the Sharks game we didn't see results.

We now like what Pay and the coaching staff have done over the past couple months and would want Pay to be our long term coach if the results are there, if not he has to go. Currently under the recent success he deserves to stay.
I think you’re massively overestimating the amount of dogs fans who wanted Pay gone. There was only a dozen or so people whinging on an online fan page