Watch Gus on 100% Footy

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They way he said:

"The Bulldogs are a cut above the rest, they always believed that, they reject authority, they reject the media, they're an in house team and they play football their way on their terms at any time, they are never wrong about anything that they do, they drink hard, they train hard, they play hard and that was always the mantra of the Bulldogs."

I couldn't have put it better myself.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They way he said:

"The Bulldogs are a cut above the rest, they always believed that, they reject authority, they reject the media, they're an in house team and they play football their way on their terms at any time, they are never wrong about anything that they do, they drink hard, they train hard, they play hard and that was always the mantra of the Bulldogs."

I couldn't have put it better myself.
He also said that our wins lately is no fluke, and said he hasn’t seen them play this way for a very long time.

You see, but that’s what a lot of supporters get it wrong about our club on this forum especially the younger ones. They want to see clinical performances, a coach that is technically A1, giving 60-0 thumpings, but it’s just not us, we’ve never been that kind of team. We’ve always been grinders, and at our best when defending well. Apart from a few cricket scores we’ve put on other teams, they are few and far between. We’ve always been at our best when our defence was on song. That’s just us! That’s who we follow.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"Bulldogs are a cut above the rest".

He says a lot about our spirit. I think he knows the club well. If we have a chance we should bring him in. He turned the panthers around and from memory helped us secure DWZ.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's selling himself for a job with us
I think you could be onto something...would love to see him in some kind of advisory / player contract negotiations role. He has an amazing influence with players and would help get the right player at the right price

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The mad scientist strikes again..... he was probably pissing himself from laughing while it was happening. I watched sticky's post presser and you can tell he was seething, but kept saying Manly deserves their win.... NRL has truly become a joke of a sport due to the inmates running the asylum!
He used to do it with us. James Graham got a HIA every week.
Gives him a 10min breather and only one interchange to get him back on.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also said that our wins lately is no fluke, and said he hasn’t seen them play this way for a very long time.

You see, but that’s what a lot of supporters get it wrong about our club on this forum especially the younger ones. They want to see clinical performances, a coach that is technically A1, giving 60-0 thumpings, but it’s just not us, we’ve never been that kind of team. We’ve always been grinders, and at our best when defending well. Apart from a few cricket scores we’ve put on other teams, they are few and far between. We’ve always been at our best when our defence was on song. That’s just us! That’s who we follow.
Nailed it we rarely smash anyone scorewise we do our smashing defensively

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best role for gus would be in our junior pathways programs and attracting talent and just selling the club again to all the parents with sons with futures.

Maybe helping chris doing some of pays dirty work while he is at training ect.

Would not dare give him the amount of control he had at penrith.
Still has a decent old footy brain and club brain, love him or hate him.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Phillip Gould has always had a soft spot for our club. Rarely has he said a bad thing about us. A man that knows his football and to smart for the dumb NRL admin. Love to see him run the NRL then we will get a game back. Having some involvement with our club would be nice also