Will chambers

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never liked the bloke you see on the footy field, but he'd be alright if he was in blue and white.
Although Chambers wouldn't be my first pick, it would be a good move, we desperately need experience in the backs and he will have as couple of good years left in him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The right choices for 2020
* Mitchell...if he could get an early release
* Scott.......if he could get an early release
* Ramien....if his heart can be at the Bulldogs
If we can't get any of them we should stick by what we have
No more other clubs rejects !!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Centre choices should be:
1) Cotric
2) Manu
3) Xerri
4) Scott
As for chambers I believe he knocked us back around 2011 so yeah that's a no from me

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had better have just been buying a Kebab! Fuck him, don't want him anywhere near our club.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most Kennellers have been to Belmore, doesn't mean anything.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could be the guy to teach our future centres a thing or two, teach the younger guys some professionalism?
You seriously think he is the bloke to each our guys Professionalism???

I that's what we need him for our club must be in a sad state

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage I'd prefer a younger centre option. I've never really rated him that much. I think he looks better than he is because he's in a team that offers him plenty of finishing opportunity. And if he's asking for $600k you could probably get 2 decent centres who are on the verge of becoming NRL regulars.

If nobody is on the radar now I'd have no issues with taking a wait and see who has a fire sale approach next year. You'd almost guarantee that one or two decent options will be shipped around before June 30 next year. I personally think that DWZ has been great since we picked him up. Almost every year in recent times clubs have released some quality mid season. Blowing big money on a 31yo could wind up being a big mistake. Let him go to the UK chasing a pension contract.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We needed Will Chambers 2-3 years ago. We don’t need him now he’s past it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So using my amateur detective skills, I have come to the conclusion that this we'll be our backline next season. We won't sign chambers ffs.

1. DWZ
2. Oates
3. Scott
4. Hoppa
5. Smith

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I could quite easily live with that for a backline.
For sure, but I'm mostly just talking shit lol. I dunno if the club is interested in Oates or Scott, but we would probably only be able to grab one of them along with Api.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure, but I'm mostly just talking shit lol. I dunno if the club is interested in Oates or Scott, but we would probably only be able to grab one of them along with Api.
Haha yeah thought as much, but you'd never know with either Oates or Scott, both unsigned for 2020 aren't they? And both clubs seem to be wanting to shed some players for cap space so not out of the question.
Oates wanted way too much last time we took interest, agree we'd only get 2 out of Oates/Api & Scott if any are realistic. And to be honest any 2 would be a good pick up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha yeah thought as much, but you'd never know with either Oates or Scott, both unsigned for 2020 aren't they? And both clubs seem to be wanting to shed some players for cap space so not out of the question.
Oates wanted way too much last time we took interest, agree we'd only get 2 out of Oates/Api & Scott if any are realistic. And to be honest any 2 would be a good pick up.
Pretty sure Oates' $1.5m 3 year deal with the Broncos isn't going to be happening now...I wouldn't want us to pay that but there could be an opportunity for us to sneak in and pick him up at a reduced price as not many clubs have money right now.

Scott has been rumoured to be on the outer for most the season, not sure if there is any truth to it or if it's just because he has had an interupted season with injury and playing reserves. Storm gave him a biggish contract and maybe Bellamy doesn't see the value in it anymore? Who knows really.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
i wouldn't mind him, hard to find a solid left centre these days. we need more aggressive players.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me if we are patient into 2020 there should be some trading to be done given many clubs looking to shed players . We need to get the right players, much happier to wait till they come along.