Humble Pie

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was referring to the panthers game.. JJ was interviewed at halftime and he talked about putting a counterplan in place in the 2nd half of panthers game . JJ was definitely involved in planning, not just Pay .. Obviously the players are taking charge because pay obviously doesn't know what he's doing

Foran might have been a part of that plan in the eels game. He had a huddle going on during the conversion
damn i hate it when people make assumptions and try to pass it as fact.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No humble pie for me. The only one I've been super critical about is Lichaa and that's all about his lack of a passing game in a position where it's supposed to be a huge part of the arsenal of talent. No single player aside from Foran has stood out as an attacking threat consistently. A number of players have shown glimpses though.

I had hit the point where I was excited about the prospect of picking up a new coach. We had a competitive patch after a couple of early embarrassing losses. With some fairness in the refereeing we may have toppled some classy sides. But the team began to look like they had lost hope through the middle of the season. Composure when behind on the scoreboard went MIA and the inexperienced roster compounded any errors we made by following them with subsequent errors from playing panicked football.

I don't know who should get credit for the improvement in our defensive efforts lately on the coaching staff. But conceding very few points has meant we're better able to stay composed and ready for opportunities to finish the attacking plays rather than push passes that aren't on.

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
That's right. The team has proven what they can do and can match it with any team. Therefore should we not be in the top eight come round 10 next year then our coach can't get the best out of the team for the whole season, he has to go imo.
What im reading is if Foran and DWZ were available all season and from the start of the season we would further up the ladder hence the saying our roster wasnt much chop early in the year adding 1 great player and DWZ and having another available makes us better .. noot neccessary the coaches fault but you blame him anyway ...

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dwz was the reason and not Pay, pay still can't select right team and make proper use of the bench. We still can hardly score a try. .

But since Dwz has come, he has led from the back and created a higher level of play which the other players have bought into...

And our defense has grown another set of legs, unless Pay has a magic wand, he had nothing to do with it either. Otherwise we should have been playing like this since rd 1...

No humble pie whatsoever from here.
great post Moey .. lets bag Pay when we lose but give him no credit when we win .. fantastic logic .. just klike saying one coach Des was the problem for our salary cap situation but another coach Bellamy dosent know anything about being over the salary cap....

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A few late wins dont make a season but credit where credits due

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
great post Moey .. lets bag Pay when we lose but give him no credit when we win .. fantastic logic .. just klike saying one coach Des was the problem for our salary cap situation but another coach Bellamy dosent know anything about being over the salary cap....
Pay had nothing to do with the wins but thank you for your reply. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
These lucky wins will mean nothing if we don’t make the 8. Missing out on the is still missing out on the 8 and dean gay should still get the sack.
Considering our salary cap situation, the players we have been forced to lose and how inexperienced our squad is we have overachieved but calling our coach dean gay just confirms what we already know about clueless “fans” such as yourself

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who actually should eat the humble pie? Those that criticised the coach and/or the players or those that said not to expect much because we dont have the roster to be competitive?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn i hate it when people make assumptions and try to pass it as fact.
Great point and good to see your bullshit meter is turned on. It’s crazy when people create their own narratives based on guesswork or self-interest then comment about their own bullshit as if it’s fact. Trump is a master at it. Some people seem to ONLY do that.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
please do tell me how you know that ?
Only if you can tell me with actual proof he did....

Winning games doesnt prove anything btw, Nathan Brown won 6 games in a row and he is no longer coach of Newcastle .

You can't prove your theory and neither can i, its our opinions based on what we see and hear. I dont have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering our salary cap situation, the players we have been forced to lose and how inexperienced our squad is we have overachieved but calling our coach dean gay just confirms what we already know about clueless “fans” such as yourself
Ok sorry dean gay SuperCoach for winning 4 games in a row which mathematically may see us make the 8 but also 2 of 3 years not making the 8 in a row is on gays record which hasn’t happened since the 50’s.
Get rekd with facts and logic kid

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok sorry dean gay SuperCoach for winning 4 games in a row which mathematically may see us make the 8 but also 2 of 3 years not making the 8 in a row is on gays record which hasn’t happened since the 50’s.
Get rekd with facts and logic
kid
How was the club put in that situation? That isn’t Pay’s fault and we are making very good progress considering. Why did Madge Maguire walk out after seeing our books? Calling our coach that is disrespectful and he has done more for our club than you ever will. It’s not being a realist, it’s more being childish tbh

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How was the club put in that situation? That isn’t Pay’s fault and we are making very good progress considering. Why did Madge Maguire walk out after seeing our books? Calling our coach that is disrespectful and he has done more for our club than you ever will. It’s not being a realist, it’s more being childish tbh
Taking a job too hard for you doesn’t give you the excuse to be a shit coach. Look at manly they were just as fkd. I mean I think you’re a lite too close to dean gay to have a realistic opinion on him. Fact is he has failed and if he was a man he’d walk away. We’ve been through much worse situations then what we’ve gone through recently and still done better, just let it sink in. It hasn’t been since the 50’s that we’ve missed out on the finals 3 years in a row, 2 are on dean gays watch.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taking a job too hard for you doesn’t give you the excuse to be a shit coach. Look at manly they were just as fkd..
you guys are having an interesting debate but a team with the 2 Trbojevic brothers, DCE and Dylan Walker is hardly fucked....

Trent Barrett is crap..

Last edited: