News Joel Romelo jailed

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Something tells me the media outlets got a good talking to from the dogs admin and their lawyers after the last few antics they pulled on the club..
Maybe. But I don't think that would stop them in the future. They can't help themselves.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I seem to recall that when this woman-basher came to the Dogs from Penrith there were some rumours going around that he wasn't well liked there.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to know why they mentioned he was Aboriginal in this story. What does that have to do with anything? If it was about Todd Carney would they mention "bogan" Todd Carney of "Anglo-Saxon heritage"?
The story states that this was mentioned by the judge, who is required to take into consideration the Aboriginality of the convicted person during the sentencing process if the convicted person claims disadvantage as a result of their Aboriginality.

https://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/6491/Sentencing-Aboriginal-Offenders.pdf

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s. Redcliffe local .. scum as. Always lock my tool box when I work there, can’t be a coincidence every client I work for is either a bogan or wears tns, was dating this chick off tinder who was a bit older then me she went to school with him said he was in fights and always stole shit from people’s bags
Redcliffe or Deadcliffe?!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah Captain Kickass from memory. He was obsessed with him.

What happened to Ck? Haven’t seen him around here for ages
Oh yeh. That’s right. He loved the guy. Hahaha. That’s a blast from the past :p

The “pain train” or what ever he called him. Didn’t he get a tat one week and he wasn’t allowed to play footy while his scars recovered. And it was during origin so he was going to walk in :sweatsmile: but had to back down.

Guy had rocks for brains. Still could flatten most players though.

But yeh. Sad to see him go off the rails. NRL needs to do more to help depression, drug and alcohol abuse and anti social behaviour. Some of these guys need help. Looking at Inglis too.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low life scum. I hope someone gets a hold of you, you little Maggot.

Well done to the poor female who fought on throughout the ordeal.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasn't all that talented, but he hit like a tonne of bricks in defence. I also recall him having a very odd kicking style. He dropped the ball about a metre away from his foot.

I have no tolerance for spouse abuse. I don't care if he has a really tough stint in the can.

Malla

Reaction score
Ice is terrible. Hope he gets the olive oil treatment in the can

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a mate who was a team-mate of his in a few grades growing up, and in Queensland Cup. He never had much nice to say about Romelo, always said he was , and was around, "the wrong element". Personally, I used to love watching him at the Dogs, reminded me of Craig Polla-mounter. And since I didn't see or hear much about that side from other sources, I was surprised. But he's definitely come unstuck the last few years for all to see...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a criminal who is Aboriginal. But being Aboriginal has nothing to do with anything and if he was a white boy they wouldn't mention the fact that he's white or what his background was. Because it's completely irrelevant. As is the fact that Romelo is Indigenous.
To get him a lighter sentence is why they mentioned it.