Official Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off subject, but just saw a little clip on sport Chanel.. and DWZ said how happy he is here at the bulldogs an, has never been so happy at a club..!!
And CHN spoke about how much positive DWZ brings to the club... also DWZ is very close mates with hoppa and Remis !! Such awesome positivity.
Scoobs DWZ is just so positive mate. Breath of fresh air this guy big turn around to the team most of the credit can go to him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wish DWZ was my dad.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
The refs are Chris Sutton and Belinda Sleeman. I don't think we have lost we her as a ref yet hopefully she counteracts the Sutton effect!
Last game we won under C Sutton was...... our 1st game against the Cowgirls this year.

Before that last round v St Merge in 2017.

Last time we won under Gay Sutton was Round 1 2016 haha.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a big game for us to show where we're at. First time we've played another team with nothing but pride to play for in a while. We're in much better form and our captain isn't bluing with our coach so we should get home. I want to see more in attack but the same line-speed and desperation in defence.

I watched the Parra game again today (with a lot less emotion) and our attack wasn't too bad really. We've still got almost no polish when it comes to finishing things off but we were good at getting downfield and much more creative in their half and quarter than in other games.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a big game for us to show where we're at. First time we've played another team with nothing but pride to play for in a while. We're in much better form and our captain isn't bluing with our coach so we should get home. I want to see more in attack but the same line-speed and desperation in defence.

I watched the Parra game again today (with a lot less emotion) and our attack wasn't too bad really. We've still got almost no polish when it comes to finishing things off but we were good at getting downfield and much more creative in their half and quarter than in other games.
Thats why foz is so important

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would have been more confident of a win if Clifford was playing instead of Asiata

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dogs by 12, Napa to score after bouncing off the left upright. Knockonbor the excitement machine to score two tries and let two tries in.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cowgirls are favourites mate @ $1.72 I’ve already backed our boys at $$2.20 shit I’ve made some money the last 4 weeks go the mighty Doggies
But how much did you lose in the first sixteen lol

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
We will loose simply because okunbir is playing... he’s terrible.....
I think he’ll be right..it’s fortunate he will be alongside hoppa and jacko including DWZ at the back to give him self belief and confidence as the boys have had in each other the last few weeks.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The refs are Chris Sutton and Belinda Sleeman. I don't think we have lost we her as a ref yet hopefully she counteracts the Sutton effect!
Belinda Sharpe. Her debut match was us against Broncos at Suncorp and we got pumped. I think we have won all our games with her since.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
5 in a row ;) !!! Had too say it again.

I just cant see us losing this one, and even if I can I just can’t and won’t admit it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the team handles being favourites for once. They've been underdogs and written off for so long and likely used that as motivation.. Going into a game with pressure to perform may work against them this time.. Hopefully it doesn't and they make it five in a row.
You make a good point - this is a test for the Dogs to compete and handle the pressure of expectation. My gut says they will.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Dogs 1-12 ..see how Okunbur goes