News Belmore Blueprint: Jesse Ramien must prove he has ‘Bulldogs DNA’

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He had trouble recruiting for a long time . Yes we got CHN and DWZ recently but you have to go back to 2009 to see decent recruitment. I think now players want instant success and want it all now. We need thatv1 player who other players want to play with, that name and his is SBW. He is the guy who attracts players , attracts sponsors, attracts media attention taking all pressure on himself and more importantly demands success. There is my 1st signing at the dogs. Getting TPA for him would be easy .

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh plz
Chris Anderson had a small part to play at the very best

People like ribot ponisi johns Murray and Bellamy took it to a different level.

Anderson is at fault for not bringing his Gould on board
Too proud to work alongside him
Anderson shouldn't be credited for instilling BULLDOGS DNA in Melbourne...It's BULLFROG !!!
It's BULLFROG'S & Canterbury's blueprint !!!
We can only hope the current administration have learnt something of him.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh plz
Chris Anderson had a small part to play at the very best

People like ribot ponisi johns Murray and Bellamy took it to a different level.

Anderson is at fault for not bringing his Gould on board
Too proud to work alongside him
Did you see Gus on 100% Footy last night? He has great respect for the club. Spoke about us and our spirit and tenacity.

He would be an outstanding admin/ ambassador for us....media respect, TPA's, NRL HQ influence, player/manager influence.

Anderson's and the Board should thoroughly consider an approach.

Worth a look on 9 Now.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He had trouble recruiting for a long time . Yes we got CHN and DWZ recently but you have to go back to 2009 to see decent recruitment. I think now players want instant success and want it all now. We need thatv1 player who other players want to play with, that name and his is SBW. He is the guy who attracts players , attracts sponsors, attracts media attention taking all pressure on himself and more importantly demands success. There is my 1st signing at the dogs. Getting TPA for him would be easy .

I wouldn’t want to play with that scum bag

And to build a club sound a guy in his 30’s and he isn’t even a spine player stuff that.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because we probably wanted to get it sort so if he didn't we could focus on other signings, like going after Curtis Scott instead maybe.
Ramien is worth waiting a week or 2 for
Curtis Scott and others aren’t going anywhere fast
Just my 2 cents
Next year would’ve been cracker with him hoppa dwz meaney firing

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you see Gus on 100% Footy last night? He has great respect for the club. Spoke about us and our spirit and tenacity.

He would be an outstanding admin/ ambassador for us....media respect, TPA's, NRL HQ influence, player/manager influence.

Worth a look on 9 Now.
Yes I do enjoy 100% footy when Lockyer and Ruan sims don’t open their mouth

Gus is one of the smartest people in the game and whether u like it or not one of the most influential
He would’ve been massive for us

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Gus is one of the smartest people in the game and whether u like it or not one of the most influential
A total re-set of our public persona and marketability going into the future as a powerhouse once again.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to have a crack at Fifita?
I haven’t heard anything at this point...

Priorities are some key resignings like Jackson, DWZ, reimis smith and a couple of others and then they’ll look at what position we are cap wise.

Don’t look at that figure floated in the members meeting too much... once we resign a few as well as some additions to the roster for next year that amount will be significantly smaller...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs DNA and recruitment criteria bullshit is something created to use when we miss out on a player.

He’s been sought and spoken to both he and his manager

Offer is on the table too
So when he says no;
We resort to: he didn’t fit DNA/culture yet it is well known we’ve tabled a very good offer and awaiting an answer.

Go figure
Offer got pulled because everyone knew he was using us to push up his price at Cronulla.

We shouldn't let players string us along just so they can get more money elsewhere.

Either you want to come to the Dogs or you don't. We shouldn't let them try and play us.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to play with that scum bag

And to build a club sound a guy in his 30’s and he isn’t even a spine player stuff that.
He isn't there to build our club but teach the new generation professional training and preparation .

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Offer got pulled because everyone knew he was using us to push up his price at Cronulla.

We shouldn't let players string us along just so they can get more money elsewhere.

Either you want to come to the Dogs or you don't. We shouldn't let them try and play us.
Yeah we would have ended up with Ramiens managers DNA all over us.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we are at a stage where we should pressure or demand deadlines on potential signings
Reason being he couldn’t play this year anyway and we were very much in the mix.

Don’t know why the deadline was necessary at this time of the season

But it is what it is
I'm OK with the deadline. I like it when the club is the boss and not the player. Creates a good standards for the clubs future and we shouldn't compromise those standards because times are a bit tough. IMO we don't need Ramien enough to let him string us along.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Worth a look on 9 Now.
Absolutely agree but I don't think because of history, it will happen. Gus gets it, has seen it for himself and knows it's been missing for years. His summary of the dogs is 100% spot on and is the Canterbury I have always supported.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

I would love to see Gus running our club. I also would have liked to see graham Hughes back. Both these guys would also be good on the Nrl board.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anderson shouldn't be credited for for instilling BULLDOGS DNA in Melbourne...It's BULLFROG !!!
It's BULLFROG'S & Canterbury's blueprint !!!
We can only hope the current administration have learnt something of him.
Agree Ribot, Bullfrog, Lazo etc deserve a lot of credit for the clubs early, and later, success. But what Anderson did at Melbourne was outstanding, including having a big say in the roster. Don't know about the DNA stuff but Anderson made a big contribution to their early on-field success.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't there to build our club but teach the new generation professional training and preparation .
Sbw can fuck off... don’t want his version of professionalism... all of a sudden the kennel have become puppets to wanting sbw back

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Incorrect
His priority was the sharks but it wasn’t money related at all
Sharks told him to hold off

What’s the point of a deadline
What if sharks can’t fit him into their cap

He did tour our facilities and meet with us twice
He was genuinely interested and honest

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incorrect
His priority was the sharks but it wasn’t money related at all
Sharks told him to hold off

What’s the point of a deadline
What if sharks can’t fit him into their cap

He did tour our facilities and meet with us twice
He was genuinely interested and honest
Thanks for the update. If he did tour and meet twice and still wasn’t sold then I have no problem with the club playing hardball. If sharks can’t fit him in and he genuinely wants to be a dog then I’m sure the club would make another offer