News Joel Romelo jailed

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROMELO JAILED: Disgraced former NRL star Joel Romelo will spend yet another Christmas behind bars after he was sentenced today for two high speed chases in stolen cars and a brutal attack on his ex-girlfriend - breaking her eye socket.

Today, Judge Alan Woodcock said Romelo was a talented Aboriginal star that had fallen to the terrible drug of ice.

The former Melbourne Storm, Canterbury Bulldogs and Penrith Panthers hooker ripped chunks from her hair, punched and choked her until she almost lost consciousness, because she didn’t give him her phone passcode.

Later, telling her “you made me do it”.

While Romelo has extensive criminal history, he has no prior convictions for assaulting women or police pursuits.

Romelo was given a head sentence of 3 years and 4 months, suspended after a year, backdated to January.

"It's worth taking the chance on him," Judge Woodcock said.

"If he doesn't take this chance, he will serve the whole lot."

Didn't no what section to post it in.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, what a piece of shit.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.. yet it doesn’t surprise me, could see that sort of behaviour in him in the field.!!

Dirty Mongrel.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surprised they added Melbourne Storm and Penrith Panthers in the column...usually its ex Bulldogs star.
I'm surprised Brisbane haven't signed him immediately.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow he was always a grub on the field but seems he is one off the field too.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a weak ****.

Take him up the northern territory and throw him in the middle of the river. See how tough he is then

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a fuckwit.. It's insane how many ex NRL players end up doing or dealing drugs when their careers are over. And also use during their careers..

I'd love to know why they mentioned he was Aboriginal in this story. What does that have to do with anything? If it was about Todd Carney would they mention "bogan" Todd Carney of "Anglo-Saxon heritage"?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a fuckwit.. It's insane how many ex NRL players end up doing or dealing drugs when their careers are over. And also use during their careers..

I'd love to know why they mentioned he was Aboriginal in this story. What does that have to do with anything? If it was about Todd Carney would they mention "bogan" Todd Carney of "Anglo-Saxon heritage"?
That's why I stopped reading papers and watching the news. Typical of how the media tries to influence people .

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when he was playing those few games in first grade for us he used to catch public transport to training and home games

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s. Redcliffe local .. scum as. Always lock my tool box when I work there, can’t be a coincidence every client I work for is either a bogan or wears tns, was dating this chick off tinder who was a bit older then me she went to school with him said he was in fights and always stole shit from people’s bags