Coach of Year

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Easily either:
1) Ricky Stuart - completely changed his team from attacking to defensive.
Let go of some big names in Austin Junior Paulo and Boyd etc and replaced them with unknowns and shifted Wighton and replaced him with another unknown in C-NK.

2) Des Hasler - Has taken them from 15th to now 4th. Big effort has many average players punching above their weight throughout that 17

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was expecting to open the thread and see Pays name. Thank the lord for brains.

I’d say Stuart, loving the raiders style of play and how they play for each other

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Saying Dessie’s name is probably taboo around here but I think hard to go past him when manly wasn’t expected to finish much higher then the spoon.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it will be Des, I saw the voting on the NRL fan forum he had like 36% of the vote way ahead of any other coach.
Ricky shoud be in the mix also.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s funny how a coach’s at the very top of the ladder miss out on coach of the year
Des might win it but would you sign des or Bellamy......?
Just because people expect Melbourne to be there

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s funny how a coach’s at the very top of the ladder miss out on coach of the year
Des might win it but would you sign des or Bellamy......?
Just because people expect Melbourne to be there
What they achieve with the given roster has a lot to do with it.

You wouldn't be picking Robinson or Bellamby for Coach of the Year up against Ricky or Des.

Well at least Robinson is out of the running in my opinion :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des, makes a habit of going to clubs an getting success right away lol..!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What they achieve with the given roster has a lot to do with it.

You wouldn't be picking Robinson or Bellamby for Coach of the Year up against Ricky or Des.

Well at least Robinson is out of the running in my opinion :grinning:
Don’t mention roster, u will get shot around here

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's Des. Who cares anyways tbh, we all know he's a good coach... problem for us was he went all in on his shit plan and was to proud to admit it sucked as.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's Des. Who cares anyways tbh, we all know he's a good coach... problem for us was he went all in on his shit plan and was to proud to admit it sucked as.
Des is a good coach, but shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near salary cap expenditures
Cooked 2 caps at 2 clubs and everyone pisses in his pocket

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will probably be Hasler but I hope not, Hasler doesn't deserve to win anything after how he destroyed our team the C**t.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has to be bellamy. All the haters said he would do nothing without slater and cronk. Smith is 37 and i believe they would win minor premiership with brandon smith at hooker.
This season alone he has introduced 3 young gun fullbacks and has lost 1 already to another cub without a hic cup.
Greatest coach ever. No recognised 7 or 1 and still dishing it to everyone.
There halfs and fullback are only going to improve with more games. with there array of young talented hookers and munster there.
Bellamy was always ready for when the big 3 retired.
Where is twin turbo the gronk ?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t mention roster, u will get shot around here
And i told u coach too, our roster and players are not as bad or shit as u think. They just needed coaching.
Getting the right people around pay is very important if they want him to remain as coach, clearly even u can admit look at the difference with a decent defence coach. Get him an attacking coach so pay can keep on working with his players personally and the clubs roster and all the shit jobs really lol.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And i told u coach too, our roster and players are not as bad or shit as u think. They just needed coaching.
Getting the right people around pay is very important if they want him to remain as coach, clearly even u can admit look at the difference with a decent defence coach. Get him an attacking coach so pay can keep on working with his players personally and the clubs roster and all the shit jobs really lol.
You still can’t give the bloke credit for how this team is firing....
Come on give him the credit pay deserves
Pay is also slowly strengthening the squad with dwz, Stimson with limited cap space
Johns, Fittler , sterling , Thurston have all said our roster is the weakest in the comp, and pay is doing an incredible job
Your opinion is yours, and that’s fine but sounds like my opinion mirrors that of the greats of the game.....

Last edited: