Humble Pie

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Majority of the kennel are eating some very nice pie including myself. But cmon winning 3 from 14 at the start was nothing to brag on about. Playing dumb footy, chopping and changing the team weekly, subs being used all wrong etc etc... if we are seeing pays hard work pay off or just seeing the players playing for each other will be known early next year....

I’m excited but I’m also not convinced 100% just yet till I see consistency next year. I hope pay shuts everyone up including myself and we play finals next year but again it’s all in good time.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How has Paul McGregor and Steve Kearney still have a job... haha
Keanrey seems to be a protected species, but surely McGregor isn't going to last? (might just be a lack of a suitable replacement).

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The difference is that the players have been allowed to take charge. I recall JJ talking about a counter plan at half time during the panthers game.
Pay has stepped aside for this to happen
Foran at half time was saying we were not playing to our game plan going around them and that they would rectify that in the 2nd half and straighten up and attack the middle more.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Some humble pies taste better than others. However, some people have a severe humble pie allergy. It's not a good sight when one of these pies goes anywhere near them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran at half time was saying we were not playing to our game plan going around them and that they would rectify that in the 2nd half and straighten up and attack the middle more.
I was referring to the panthers game.. JJ was interviewed at halftime and he talked about putting a counterplan in place in the 2nd half of panthers game . JJ was definitely involved in planning, not just Pay .. Obviously the players are taking charge because pay obviously doesn't know what he's doing

Foran might have been a part of that plan in the eels game. He had a huddle going on during the conversion

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some humble pies taste better than others. However, some people have a severe humble pie allergy. It's not a good sight when one of these pies goes anywhere near them.
I do not have an aversion to humble pie but I can only eat it with( proof of the) pudding

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dwz was the reason and not Pay, pay still can't select right team and make proper use of the bench. We still can hardly score a try. .

But since Dwz has come, he has led from the back and created a higher level of play which the other players have bought into...

And our defense has grown another set of legs, unless Pay has a magic wand, he had nothing to do with it either. Otherwise we should have been playing like this since rd 1...

No humble pie whatsoever from here.
What a stupid post. Of course Pay has a hand in everything that goes down. He has think tanks with his senior players and coaching staff.
Whilst he has the final say, all the info is taken on board. The biggest influence on the improved form of the forwards is because of Steve Antonelli.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a stupid post. Of course Pay has a hand in everything that goes down. He has think tanks with his senior players and coaching staff.
Whilst he has the final say, all the info is taken on board. The biggest influence on the improved form of the forwards is because of Steve Antonelli.

Yeah.... nah... thanks for replying though..

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I...like a lot of other kennel members..let’s be honest..we’re calling for Pay head and mass sackings..even Jackson!?
Now we are flying..knocking top eight teams down like ten pins
What has changed?
Is it the recruitment of DWZ?
Is it Foran and Lewis coming back?
Is it Pay changing the game plan?
Is it JMK learning the no 9 ?
I know one thing we need to start in 2020 where finish off this year
The mongrel is back
Love how we’re going at the moment....but didn’t we finish off 2018 exactly the same???? And we were horrible first half of this year. Just saying.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Love how we’re going at the moment....but didn’t we finish off 2018 exactly the same???? And we were horrible first half of this year. Just saying.
We're stringing together a few more wins this year than we were this time last year and 2017. We're still mathematically in touch with the top 8, but it's unlikely to result in a top 8 berth. We're better now than we were in 2018, and on track to finish the season with 24 points like we did in 2017. At worst, we've exceeded expectations.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We're stringing together a few more wins this year than we were this time last year and 2017. We're still mathematically in touch with the top 8, but it's unlikely to result in a top 8 berth. We're better now than we were in 2018, and on track to finish the season with 24 points like we did in 2017. At worst, we've exceeded expectations.
And let's add how many senior players were exited from the club end of last year - Morris brothers, Klemmer - think about how we build and then have to get a reset again. Seems hard for us kennelers to factor all the variables at play in our heads long enough to understand why things happen lol It is a complex, but not that complicated! :grinning:

Last edited:

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These lucky wins will mean nothing if we don’t make the 8. Missing out on the is still missing out on the 8 and dean gay should still get the sack.
This is a silly statement. Lucky wins ? Big defensive efforts and pride. Improvement in attack. You're a hard man to please. If you are realist, you should come back to the planet rather than being wired to the moon !